What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An idea from a newbie.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Now being a total newbie to the concept, this may have been suggested before, and bombed.

As an extra challenge, say in rep games or an extra feature match.

The ref decides on a subject matter - say 'the video ref' flips a coin and gives one side the for and other the against.
Like a debate.

So no team is aware of the subject matter until the game starts. Also you might have to argue a point you disagree with, a challenge in itself.
This would have to have a turn factor in the game also.

*Looks in the mirror*One step at a time newbie.

Just a thought

LeagueNut

First Grade
I think it's a great idea, but not for regular season matches. Rep games or even the pre-season would be a good time to try it.

Anonymous

Juniors
Great minds think alike Mr Angry. ;-)
Actually floated a similar idea amongst the LWOS and LU managers last year. I remember Kiwi telling me that he also had a similar idea as well.

But I completely forgot about it after the F7s became homeless and concentrated on that instead.

I think its an idea with a lot of merit but I recall the main criticism was that it would be hard to keep up a strong flow of worthy topics.

But now that you mentioned it, I agree that it would be an excellent add-on to the overall F7s season. IMO, it would work well in a rep game like City v Country.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thanks Leaguenut.

Definetly not reg season. But for the players that have been judged above average all ready, I think the extra challenge may be refreshing.

*again looks in the mirror* like you would know :?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I figured the great minds here would have crossed this path.

I put my hand up for any trial that may occur in the distant future.

Maybe half way through next year's comp we float the idea again.

yakstorm

First Grade
I think as part of this concept, the captains from teams choose the topic and then from the flip of the coin or whatever, the referee then picks on.

This way at least someone can try and know about the topic. I guess in a way it woudl be a bit of a home ground advantage.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Make it a 3 on 3 preseason. Topic up on monday - due date thursday night, marked by Saturday and next round starts on Monday. Teams can't use the same player twice in a row. Topics could either be the same for everyone in the round or a mixture with some recycled to teams that haven't had it. But we would have to pick a lot of topics and make them extremely specific.

Latest posts