An Open Letter To Peter Doust CEO Of Saint George Illawarra Rugby League Club.

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by ruthless dragon, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Willow

Willow Administrator

Johnny Raper is a good bloke, from my father's generation and no nonsense fella who would offer a helping hand to those in need. I know he has always been generous with his time.

Indeed, I recall he offered a helping hand to the Club on numerous occasions, particularly during one Leagues Club board election when a supporter's group when gaining some traction just prior to the election. John Raper was encouraged to run as well, effectively splitting the opposition vote, thus keeping the incumbents in power.

Ah well, that's politics. And Johnny is a Club man through and through. A ripper of a bloke.

Ring-a-ding-ding!

2. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

Mods - can this open letter thread please be "stuck" on top of the forum. It's an important letter that needs full exposure

Kindest regards

2010 likes this.
  3. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Juniors

These pricks running the club into the ground need to reconsider their club promo motto.... RedV is part of me!!!! And so then they decide to play 50% of the games in that bloody all raspberry cupcake jersey.
    So in essence what they mean and should say is ......"RedV is half of me"
    FFS use your greatest strength you morons....brand recognition!!

4. JohnnoMcJohnno

JohnnoMcJohnno Juniors

Not seeing a lot of gravitas being demonstrated in that commercial!

And I don't see an old club man being much help. The club has been run like an autocracy for so long, even the advocacy of a well respected old club man would mean Jax shit. The club needs a purge but how you extract Doust, Young et al from their highly paid gigs I have no idea.

Gareth67, blacksafake and Frank Facer like this.
  5. Willow

Willow Administrator

Apparently it is the most successful tyre commercial in Australian history. Talk about getting some return for your bucks.
    Yes, and with the greatest of respect to Johnny Raper, he knows on which side his bread is buttered.

JohnnoMcJohnno likes this.
  6. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG Juniors

Spot on, although the "all raspberry jumper" doesn't bother me because the club is a joint venture with the Illawarra Steelers.

Brand recognition is EVERYTHING, and as I've said a billion times, those in the club's marketing department should hang their collective heads in shame for allowing the colours red and white to be usurped by the Sydney Swans.

7. getsmarty

getsmarty First Grade

Pity high profile supporters like John Howard/Bryan Brown/Billy Dib etc can't be involved. At this stage I think that is what is needed. Someone with this kind of profile can get some real traction in the media. Otherwise it will be the same old "Disgruntled minority of Fans " that will be quoted by Mr Doust and co.

8. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

Roy Masters could be added to that list, however he is possibly linked to the current boys club via Craig Young

9. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

Excellent analogy . Doust has a habit of doing it and never works. No one wins a premiership in April etc, but you can lose one

Dennis Papaioannou likes this.
  10. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

New coach - any good local tattooists would do a better job and Players would strive to sign with the team

11. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

Willow. Can we please have this thread stuck on top of the forum. This thread holds great importance and the open letter should be exposed to as many as possible

Cheers mate

blacksafake, to_ddeath and 2010 like this.
  12. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

13. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Juniors

Maybe you're right but when Souths were in dire straights it was George Piggins that led the way back from the brink.
    I believe that if someone like Raper (who is an immortal) were to figurehead the campaign to make some real changes, it could gain enough momentum to finally have a result.
    You can bet your bottom dollar that there would be a groundswell of support and the media would lap it up.

blacksafake likes this.
  14. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

Any official response from the letter ?

15. ruthless dragon

ruthless dragon Juniors

No, and frankly that was not what was expected.
    The purpose was to one day soon, see a breaking media story "national NAAN news" that Doust had resigned.

To achieve this I am sending the letter by multiple emails as many outlets as I can including the Mercury.
    What I really need is sport journos emails that is proving difficult but I will bash away until doust is gone.

1st & 10 likes this.
  16. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

Before sending it, delete the notion of "hounding". It could be deemed intimidation under the Crimes Act and Crimes Act personal/domestic violence Act.

I do not construe any threat etc, but Do not give them any reason to dismiss your letter or any reason to turn defence into attack. Doust plays on words carefully

17. ruthless dragon

ruthless dragon Juniors

Done and new version uploaded

1st & 10 likes this.
  18. The_Team_Won

The_Team_Won Juniors

Well said ruthless dragon

19. possm

possm First Grade

Many who have written similar letters to Doust get the same response - nothing. Ordinary members and fans will get nowhere with such action. What needs to happen is for someone of note to publically riducle Doust and for the media to take it up. There needs to be an investigative journalist put some time in and dig up all the suspect things Doust has been up to and all the inept decisions the Board has made before a public outcry will happen.

Even if it all came out and things are seen for what they really are, there is no guarantee that Doust would be replaced with someone better - for example, someone like Millward might be given the job.

As I've said before, in my opinion it would take a new owner with deep pockets to make real change come about and at the moment there is absolutely no sign of this happening. The Board and Doust have no incentive for this to happen so it would be up to someone outside of the Club administration to find a buyer and raise the membership and fans interest in supporting the idea for change.

Dennis Papaioannou likes this.