What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

dragonreddy

Juniors
Im hoping that Widdops game will improve and his captaincy when Hunt arrives....I think McCrones lack of ownership in any department just adds to the pressure for our skipper to be honest

Let's hope Widdop improves,he has paired up with many different partners at the Dragons and yet his deficiencies remain the same .

There has been many excuses proffered for Widdop's erratic (at best) form considering he is paid as a marquee player ,after 4 years lets hope he can work with Hunt.

Unfortunately, Hunt's arrival will give Widdop another excuse, (need time for halves to gel), I think the expectation and therefore pressure on Hunt will be way more than he is hoping for,and as I have posted before , I don't think he is great at handling the pressure,I hope I'm wrong.

It will be a very poor outcome if we have the best part of 2 million of cap space tied up in another lack lustre pairing, and this is more than a possibility with our coach involved in their mentoring.

Hunt has been nursed through the Broncos system since school and will find STGI a whole new kettle of fish.

Widdop doesn't talk enough for a 5/8 let alone a captain.

monsterkev

Juniors
McGregor will still be coach. I wish I had your optimism, but that's sadly not the case. Also, Packer needs to be replaced with a like-for-like replacement.

It's still very early for Dufty (Dugan will be missed).
What is there to miss with dugan
He's been out injured most of the season

getsmarty

Immortal
Too many peak hearts and apologists for it to ever happen.
As soon as we string 2 wins together they come out of the woodwork claiming anyone with any real idea about positive change is an anarchist.
Besides that the numbers in this place really represents about 3 / 8th's of 5 / 8th's of SFA of the supporter base.

Correct...interesting both Fittler and Johns stated on the Footy show that they think will will not make the 8. Something along the lines of when we move away from running direct to sideways movement we look lost.
It is obvious for all and sundry to see yet we have people still touting that our coach needs more time. The mind boggles...If its not working after 3 1/2 years its not working. People forget his misuse of the bench..eg DeBelin at half against the broncos when he kept Hutch on the bench as well as constantly leaving 1 spot unused on the bench. When has leaving a fresh player on the bench ever resulted in a win for us ? Add to that the poor edge defense all Year. Parra exposed this in Round 2 and it still hasn't been addressed.

We make the 8 this year and the board will tout this as a rousing success. We miss out on the 8 and the Board and all the apologists on here will say that everyone was expecting us to be wooden spooners this year so the year was really a success. How low do people want to place the bar ????

The board seem to be happy just to make the 8 every few years. As much as I dislike the Dogs, take a leaf out of their book. They miss the 8 for the first time in years and the Board want to sack the coach.
That will never happen with our lot as they have forgotten the history of our once great club and have lost the hunger for success. We should be contending for the title by now. 2010 is now a distant memory and if we continue on the same path it will be another 30 years before we see a title if the club is still around.

Life's Good

Coach
McGregor will still be coach. I wish I had your optimism, but that's sadly not the case. Also, Packer needs to be replaced with a like-for-like replacement.

It's still very early for Dufty (Dugan will be missed).
More realistic to be honest. The squad showed what they are capable with a very disjointed point of attack(our halves). With Hunt on board it will obviously split the attack. Most importantly Hunt looks like he wants the ball and the responsibility that comes with it which takes care of our attack.
Defensive structures, bench selection, bench rotation, team preparation/motivation comes down to the coach. Unless Mary improves, off the charts, then we won't win a comp. Less heart attack games but still not too shelf.
That's how I form my opinion, no bold statements, just a realistic outlook.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
McCrone has a better kicking game than Hunt and yes, I am serious.
If your serious go straight to OPSM .
I don't doubt that, he's a great player. I just don't understand all the Dragons fans saying "if we had Hunt instead of McCrone, we would have won that game last night".. he may have scored a good try or something like that but his kicking game wouldn't have won it for you
Repeat go to OPSM.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Hunt would be vying for the 3rd best halfback in the comp right now. Thurston probably only has another 2 seasons left and Cronk 1. We may have the number 1 halfback in the comp in 3 years time?

dragonreddy

Juniors
Hunt would be vying for the 3rd best halfback in the comp right now. Thurston probably only has another 2 seasons left and Cronk 1. We may have the number 1 halfback in the comp in 3 years time?

Haven't seen him play a full game there for a while so pretty hard to gauge ,I'm sure playing at Saints will drag him back down the rankings,Moses isn't looking too shabby at the minute ,if PARRA go deep into the finals ,and I think they will everyone will be talking about him.

St Georgio

Juniors
Market Watch Transfer Chat: NRL’s big money flops, when spending big goes bad
NRL PREMIERSHIP

nathan_ryan.jpg

639325_640x360_large_20170823192948.jpg

Farah to England?

1:28
A LOT has been said about Ben Hunt’s impending move to St George Illawarra next season.
From being dropped to reserve grade, to being moved from the halves to hooker, the jury is out on whether the Red V’s decision to sign Hunt to one of the largest deals in NRL history will prove good business or blow up in their face.

Only time will tell.

MORE NEGATIVE CRAP FROM THE MEDIA!

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Market Watch Transfer Chat: NRL’s big money flops, when spending big goes bad
NRL PREMIERSHIP

nathan_ryan.jpg

639325_640x360_large_20170823192948.jpg

Farah to England?

1:28
A LOT has been said about Ben Hunt’s impending move to St George Illawarra next season.
From being dropped to reserve grade, to being moved from the halves to hooker, the jury is out on whether the Red V’s decision to sign Hunt to one of the largest deals in NRL history will prove good business or blow up in their face.

Only time will tell.

MORE NEGATIVE CRAP FROM THE MEDIA!

I'm sorry but they're just saying what people are already thinking.

Latest posts