What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Despite the short comings of our coach it will be the first time since the Bennetts days that I feel optimistic about a new season. The inclusion of Ben Hunt and James Graham are the biggest signings the club has seen for a long time. We have a strong pack of forwards which will go even better with James Graham's leadership. Ben Hunt will direct play which will see Widdop find more consistent form. The outside backs lack of speed is where the team comes up short. Bringing back B. Mob who is also one of the great finishers would defiantly help in this area.

hazzbeen

Bench
I am optimistic that if next year is another crap year then Mary will finally be given the chop. I think Bellamy being on the market will be too good to pass up
The only problem with this is , if we happen to scrape into the 8 , they won't get rid of Mary because it would have been a good year in their eyes . So Mary really doesn't need to do too much for the board to keep him on , anything is better than the last few years under his coaching . So it comes down to this they didn't get rid of him when he has done nothing , so any improvement will make it hard to justify not keeping him on ...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The squad is great but Mary still has to coach them and if he is as bad as people say he is they will struggle. Look at Hasler, Henry, Stuart and even Henry. All had great squads yet failed to make the 8.

Mary's job won't be easy for him to retain. Even if Saints happen to just make the 8, I think it will get the ball rolling. The club should be demanding a top 4 finish for him to retain the job.

How many times did we hear him and the players say "we only have to win half the games and we make the finals". It was as if that was their only goal but they did not realise that winning half does not guarantee you a top 8.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Very shocked nobody here had a go about Ben Hunt's post game interview after his final Broncos game. Host of Broncos TV thanked him for his service, and said "Who knows, maybe we'll even see you back here again one day" to which sort of chuckled and replied "Yeah I wouldn't mind coming back, it's been a pleasure". I bet some Dragons suits weren't happy about that!

Not that I think there's anything wrong with saying that. Just sounds like something people on this forum would jump on usually.

blacksafake

First Grade
Very shocked nobody here had a go about Ben Hunt's post game interview after his final Broncos game. Host of Broncos TV thanked him for his service, and said "Who knows, maybe we'll even see you back here again one day" to which sort of chuckled and replied "Yeah I wouldn't mind coming back, it's been a pleasure". I bet some Dragons suits weren't happy about that!

Not that I think there's anything wrong with saying that. Just sounds like something people on this forum would jump on usually.
Smart boy, you never burn your bridges

gregstar

Referee
To be fair, after one season with douche & jowls, he'll probably have creeping on speed dial.