What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

BennyV

Referee
I find it interesting that Walters is talking about Munster and Morgan as Qld haves, even DCE with no mention of Hunt. On current form you’d have to think Hunt would be there somewhere?
Hooker?
I think definitely hooker - there’s not any other decent hookers eligible for QLD, are there?!

With Munster at 6, Hunt is best served as a utility as he can fill in at hooker, halves (push Munster/Morgan to back line) or he can come in at lock and add an extra ball player to the team.

However, given the lack of centres i wouldn’t be surprised if Walters continues from last year with Morgan in the centres.

ALSGI

Bench
Remember the Muster V Hunt title fight, but who knows ALSGI.

It wouldn't surprise me if Walters doesn't cast his net past the QLD teams and MEL.
Yep, there’s also Taylor and Croft.
Cronk, JT could play if they needed.
Gee wiz they got some quality halves to choose from.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Yep, there’s also Taylor and Croft.
Cronk, JT could play if they needed.
Gee wiz they got some quality halves to choose from.
It says a lot about NSW's recent halves debacle that our best option is a teenager.

That said he's a bloody good one. Clearly and Maloney are good money right now if Panthers keep winning, even though I'd rather two brand new halves altogether

ALSGI

Bench
It says a lot about NSW's recent halves debacle that our best option is a teenager.

That said he's a bloody good one. Clearly and Maloney are good money right now if Panthers keep winning, even though I'd rather two brand new halves altogether
Yep agree mate, how long has Widdop been out here?
Can’t he naturalise and become a NSW rep?
:drooling_face:
Hunt could denounce Qld now he’s down here?
:drooling_face::drooling_face:
Sadly, I reckon they’d be 1st pick for NSW!

Not sure they’ll go with Cleary this year.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yep agree mate, how long has Widdop been out here?
Can’t he naturalise and become a NSW rep?
:drooling_face:
Hunt could denounce Qld now he’s down here?
:drooling_face::drooling_face:
Sadly, I reckon they’d be 1st pick for NSW!

Not sure they’ll go with Cleary this year.
Cleary will be NSW halfback this year and next year and probably for the next 10 years.

watatank

Coach
I find it interesting that Walters is talking about Munster and Morgan as Qld haves, even DCE with no mention of Hunt. On current form you’d have to think Hunt would be there somewhere?
Hooker?
Well it's going to take more than two games to change people's minds but in any case it makes sense...

Morgan stepped up in Thurston's absence last year for both the Cowboys and Australia. And Munster was MOTM in his Origin debut

Hunt probably plays as an interchange/utility like Origin 3 last year

hazzbeen

Bench
Well it's going to take more than two games to change people's minds but in any case it makes sense...

Morgan stepped up in Thurston's absence last year for both the Cowboys and Australia. And Munster was MOTM in his Origin debut

Hunt probably plays as an interchange/utility like Origin 3 last year
Yep hunt will be there , can be used as a 7 or 9 if needed .....

Heavy D

Juniors
I was over the moon when he signed, still am. Seemed a bit quieter against the sharks but he gives me so much confidence about our future prospects. His GF match doesn't bother me, he is the kind of weapon we have needed for as long as I have been watching us.

Uplifting

Juniors
Yep hunt will be there , can be used as a 7 or 9 if needed .....
If he misses out he’ll just have to settle for playing in a grand final. That’s far a more important goal imo.

‘ Don’t know how many soo jumpers Maloney has but I know he’s won two grand finals - and earned them.

Drag Queen

Bench
I don’t care about other teams problems but it is nice to see the ‘usual suspects’ like Roosters Storm and Broncos cop it for a change. Ben Hunt was laughed off by Broncos fans and even was dropped to reserve grade last year - seriously think about that for 1 minute.
Why? He has belief in himself. Good stuff + he's earning a pretty handsome salary. I can't see any downers in this. Have I missed something?