What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson SACKED!

imasharkie

Coach
ShireShark said:
blacktip-reefy said:
KB was only good in stubbies.
f**k it makes for a laugh though when you turn up to parties with it.

Yep thats right it brought the house down when I showed up for our Origin 3 party with KB cans like Reg Reagan.

As far as beer go, Stella Artois is the best, followed by Cascade and Hahn Premium. But if I'm out and planning to drink about 65 beers at the bar and theyre not cheap I usually go for Carlton Draught. Thats not to say I wont pinch VB if someone has left them in the fridge. New is OK on tap but I dont like it out of the bottle. Coopers green and red are both good, especially on tap. Carlton Cold is a shocking "beer", it's full of preservatives to give you a headache. It's like beer flavoured sludge. It's also a chick drink.

Heineken is what tossers drink to try and convince everybody around them that they know about good, imported beer. Dont fall for this lame act. Heineken is just another watered down lager at twice the price with twice the wanker factor. And if you see someone with a Budweiser or Millers, laugh at them.

Favourite spirits drink is southern comfort with lemonade. If doing shots and dont want tasty girly stuff like QFs or CSCs its gotta be black or white sambuca.

For get pissed quick chick drinks I recommend guava cruisers. Oh and the ice double blacks, 2.0 or 2.1 standard drinks, they knock you over soon enough.

No...I dont have a drinking problem, why would you think that?!
IS THAT ALL...........Cmon SS own up to the rest

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
My beer knowing mate reckons its the chems they are using to speed the vat process up.
Not so much the preserves because they mainly still just use sulphur I think.
Jimmy Squires is the only chem free beer I know of(mass).

cheese

Bench
I reckon tooheys extra dry is a top drop, but there must be some chronic chems in it because my head is fried after a big nite.

I also dunno what all this VB bagging i see this days is about, i reckon it's gold. I grew up on the sh1t. But yup, i get a mean hangover from it too.

Ive usually got a carton of hahn premium lights in the fridge too, even though its a p1ssy light, i reckon its a good beer. cascade premium lights are a good light beer too.

Spirits .....i dont mind scotch and coke. double vodka and 'anythings' is what i dig though.

Shots .....black bucca all the way.

Chick drink .........canadian club make this bottled sh1t which is a combination of ginger beer and whiskey, its the shiz, but at 80 bucks a carton your better off going to woolies and getting a bottle of metho

cheese

Bench
Ya jimmy squiers aint bad reef......i like the pilseners ......their version of "old" is pure horse piss though

james squires' main beer, the lager or whatever is rubbish, far too wheaty for my liking

i dont drink lights

TEDs are OK but theyre hardly the premium shit theyre hyped up to be

i dont hate VB but it's not my preferred drink, i must admit though i've got a case of it sitting right next to me (im not drinking it tonight though i swear!)...the VB they sell out of the kegs behind the beer hill at shark park is some horrid shit though, watered down VB in those plastic cups and it gets warm by the time youre down the bottom...always too much head on top too

Booyah

Bench
El Garbo said:
Just got home from a three day camping piss-up with about 20 mates... one of them stupidly decided to try and drink a shot of flaming absinth and spilled it down their chin and now they have a horribly scabbed over face.

Anyway, I got by drinking Captain Morgan rum and KB. That KB is a vile drop, but after 350mL of rum you can't taste it anyway.. :p

Really? I just got back from a week long piss-up up at Surfers.

Even more coincidently One of my mates dropped a lit black sambuca onto the alcohol soaked carpet in our hotel room. A few stomping feet soon solved that problem, although I think we can kiss our Bond goodbye - unless they look under the lounge. 8) :D

As for the Absinth...whoo boy. That stuff is like rocket fuel. 70% alcomohol. Try take 5 shots of that in a row and walk like a normal person. :cry: :lol:

That stuff is like, one step down from Metho. Its crazy. :lol:

cheese

Bench
damn straight ss ......the vb there is putrid.

The night we played the dragons down there, it was so bad that i ended up drinking that poor excuse for a beer, sterling.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I love CC!
Not in the premix bottles though.

Full bottle, bag of ice & a bottle of dry & bottle of soda.

Could not buy a bottle anywhere a couple of new years eves ago.sold out big time. tried about ten bottlos

cheese said:
damn straight ss ......the vb there is putrid.

The night we played the dragons down there, it was so bad that i ended up drinking that poor excuse for a beer, sterling.

ahh that night i took a hip flask of southo in because my mate brought some back duty free, a 1.75 Litre bottle for a measly $48. Which reminds me I have to send another mate a SMS cos he is in Fiji and buying me another one of those bottles! Better get on that!

funnily enough i cant remember much more of that dragons night, i seem to recall sullivan played a good game...which is funny because i dont remember smoking anything that night

cheese

Bench
Ya CC is f**king hard to find, especially the premix.

The only place in the shire that ive managed to find it, is the bottle shop next to the cronulla pie shop.

Ive never been bothered to mix my own, i'll have to give it a crack though. Its good stuff.

cheese

Bench
ShireShark said:
[ahh that night i took a hip flask of southo in because my mate brought some back duty free, a 1.75 Litre bottle for a measly $48.
Thats tidy as....
funnily enough i cant remember much more of that dragons night, i seem to recall sullivan played a good game...which is funny because i dont remember smoking anything that night
:lol:

if you can be bothered heading that far west, try dan murphy's at menai

they have absolutely everything

every time i go there i end up spending a fortune, but its always worth it

blacktip-reefy said:
Where abouts in Fiji is your friend?
he'd be on the carva?

cant recall where exactly he was going (mostly because i tune out when he talks to avoid the boring chatter about his boring amateur social tennis career)

would be on the cava yes i'd say
i've never tried it...probably wouldnt be my go

beerboy

Juniors
Beerboys Top Drops

1. TED (that "clean crisp taste"
2. Tooheys New Throwies (+ free Wallabies shirt on 2 cases)
3. VB (perhaps move to spot 1 if out of tap during the cricket on a hot day at SCG or a victory down at Shark Park [see signiture])
4. XXXX (all i drank at Schoolies 2 weeks ago gives me fond memorys)
5. KB (comedy value, love ya Matty Johns)

worst
1. Carlton Cold (too much head and has tendancy to smell like cheese)
2. Reiches (*sp.)

Macca

Coach
I hate to say it but I drink New first cause it is supposedly a NSW beer. Don't see much difference between it and VB. I don't mind a Coldie now and then but I only buy em cause my Mrs drinks it. TED's are the No. 1 choice of most of my mates but I just think it's $10 too much a carton. Used to love Melbourne Bitter.

On a different note, well not really, I went ot a restaurant in North Sydney not that long ago. In Cammaray it was, don't know the name of it but they had all these different beer flavours there. I think they were belgian beers. You could even get Caramel beer, lucky since I was really hung over. They also boasted the best mussels in the world. Try it next time you are out that way.

Still finished up at the Oaks on Toohey's New that day. :lol:

Although not a big fan of Coldies, they do have one redeeming feature. You can put them in the freezer, forget about them, open the freezer a few hours later and say "Doh!", but once thawed they're haven't gone flat and are still quite drinkable. Must be the cold filtering or something.

McSharkie said:
On a different note, well not really, I went ot a restaurant in North Sydney not that long ago. In Cammaray it was, don't know the name of it but they had all these different beer flavours there. I think they were belgian beers. You could even get Caramel beer, lucky since I was really hung over. They also boasted the best mussels in the world. Try it next time you are out that way.

It's called the Belgian Beer Cafe and there is also one in The Rocks (Harrington Street, I think). And they're well worth a visit. :D

McSharkie the hot tip is Dan murphy's, they usually have extra dry for $29.95. Theyre at Menai or Worstville Westfield.

I wouldnt pay more than $32 for it, like it used to be back in the day. Actually we used to get it for about $30 at most shops. Now some places charge up to $37.99 for it! I agree, that is a rip off. I'd rather buy a case of coopers pale, hahn premium or cascade.