What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anderson sentiment - a month later......

millersnose

Post Whore
now the emotionalism has settled down and no crippling lawsuits have hit the sharks it seems to me the pro-ando contingent have done the right thing and accepted that this had to happen

or............

More like accepted that it has happened. Opes is gone, Raper's the man now. All the destabilising whinging in the world won't bring back Opes and it makes sense to move on with the new regime.

I thought the lawsuit had been served, but these things take time to come to court.

millersnose

Post Whore
Dean Moriarty said:
More like accepted that it has happened.

trust you to expose my provocation

I thought the lawsuit had been served, but these things take time to come to court.

if it has it went under the medias radar

on the face of it all the macho talk from the ando camp was just.......talk

coolumsharkie

Referee
I think that most 'pro ando' individuals have accepted it...

its a dead argument really....he's goooooone,
simple as that.

millersnose said:

if it has it went under the medias radar

on the face of it all the macho talk from the ando camp was just.......talk

You may be right - no record of the case being brought as far as I can see. The reports at the time said it would be served "in January" so there's still a couple of weeks to go.

Thresher

Juniors
I wanted Anderson to stay & was dissapointed when he was booted, I now believe that this may have been the better decision after hearing & reading some Raper interviews. I'm very excited about this year.

Avenger

Immortal
take it easy,

Anderson was the type of coach that you had to be in his "inner circle" and play that stupid 80's flat style of attack. His methods were antiquated. The man is a dinosaur in a modern world.

8)

PJ

First Grade
Avenger with the exception of the flat attack you have also described Smith

millersnose

Post Whore
Denis'saints'Freak said:
I was always in the pro-Ando camp.

Bring him back I say...
this doesnt surprise me denis

castro

arafat

anderson......................................

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The season has yet to begin.... a couple of losses in a row and the "I told so" brigade will begin to emerge.

millersnose said:
Denis'saints'Freak said:
I was always in the pro-Ando camp.

Bring him back I say...
this doesnt surprise me denis

castro

arafat

anderson......................................

Well unfortunately Ando was a necessary evil to keep the Siraqis in check and our Southern border secure.

I'm not 'in' on these things but tinfoil hats aside, I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility that he was in fact a St George mole.

shadowboxer

First Grade
It is still only January and most in legal profession dont return till late January or February. No doubt they will probally make their attack plans to coencide with the start of the season. We will have to wait and see.

As far the group of people being "i told you so" if the team loses a few games. The same sentiments were thrown around after the hype of the new coach, Ando - went to the toilet and we didnt really fire early in 2002. We will wait and see i guess.

Macca

Coach
Ando created our current squad, so any success or failure will still be attributed to him in some way. I was pro-Ando, but like I said when he got the boot, I won't be saying I told you so if the Sharks go bad because there is no point. I like to be postive and look to the future. :D

I thought a date had been made for the lawsuit around the 19th or 20th of February?

Maybe I imagined that in one of my alcohol induced hallucinations...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mr Angry said:
The season has yet to begin.... a couple of losses in a row and the "I told so" brigade will begin to emerge.
Just to clarify, had Ando stayed on - a different brigade of "I told you so" types would appear.
My cynicism was directed at the fickle nature of sports fans especially ones who post at messageboards, more so than the pro-ando people.

Hey and eitherway "I told you so"

McSharkie said:
Ando created our current squad,

I wonder if 'created' is the correct description for the way the current squad was put together. Slash and burn, culling, clearfelling, are phrases that springs to mind. #-o

Anonymous

Juniors
Its a shame Anderson has left. Now all the best discussion topics are irrelevant:

- Did Preston Campbell deserve what he got?
- Should we have released Paul Mellor?
- Treister or Anderson: who should stay and who should go?
- Why did Chris McKenna leave?
- Did Jarrad Anderson deserve a place in the team?
- Who is to blame for a 74-4 loss?

Unfortunately, Stuey Raper has come along and steadied the ship and now its so much more boring being a Sharks supporter.

</sarcasm>

carinashark

First Grade
True El Garbo we dont have much to chat about at the moment ,but if Stu looses a few games in a row things will hot up. I for one will be watching Reefy's comments . Deep down tho I feel good about this seasons prospects and Im comfortable with Stu Raper. Ive seen Chris Beatie trainning and he looks like his old self again. If we can stay injury free at the end of the season who knows how far we can go.
Carinashark