What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ando's Dragons mole spotted? Another Northies thread

Well well well

I raise this as the Dregs are clearing the trash (their waterboy) and going to install a coach

Guess who I spotted tonight?

Mr anti-tampering deadline Phillip Bailey and Mr evil duck face Chris Anderson. At Northies. Enjoying a leisurely drink together.

Isnt it fabulous that Mr Bailey would have a nice drink with the man who is threatening the folks who pay his wages? Brazenly in Cronulla. Would you see legends Sludge or ET having a beer with this grub who wants his hands on our cash that he didnt earn? Unlikely. dOpes left early tonight and Bailey stayed all night.

If Bailey is the mole I'd prefer him gone prior to the 2004 season. If his heart is with his dearly beloved, why doesnt he follow him across to the dark side of the river over there at the Dragons, or down to the Illawarra, or the SFS or whatever location their home ground chocolate wheel lands on these days? Whatever is convenient on 'any given Sunday'?

If Anderson is going to sue our proud club he could at least keep his grubby mitts off our players. If Bailey had any passion for this club he'd steer well clear of that parasite Chris Anderson.

There's a debate starter. Am I reading too much into this?

And BTW this thing was going around in my mind so much I didnt even get any action with the girls tonight. I had a few approaches but I wasnt interested, my mind was on the dogs and that dog Chris Anderson.

Shark

Bench
I think Bails sold his soul to the devil quite some time ago. This doesn't surprise me at all.

My only hope is that he is true to his word as a professional sportsperson, and he has a bloody red hot go this season for himself, if not the team. Ultimately, if he wants to leave he will leave, but he won't attract too many decent offers unless he has a good, solid season in 2004. If he puts his feet up and cruises along, in some form of pathetic protest against the sacking of dOpes (I like that, SS!), then the offers for 2005 or whenever won't be real attractive.

So I don't care what motivates him - self interest or a desire to see the club do well - as long as he performs THIS season. Obviously I would prefer that it is the latter that motivates him, but I seriously doubt that.

missbelinda77

Juniors
Am I reading too much into this?

Yeah I think you are.

Are you telling me that no players have had any interaction with John Lang in the last few years, since he left the club?

I don't see any problem with mates catching up. I didn't know that players had a clause in their contracts stating that the club can pick and choose their mates.

wittyfan

Referee
missbelinda77 said:
Are you telling me that no players have had any interaction with John Lang in the last few years, since he left the club?

John Lang never tried to sue the club for $1.3 million dollars.

It's not good for the club's stability for Bailey to be seen out with Anderson, especially with the court case looming,

Macca

Coach
It doesn't bother me. If Bails wants to have a beer with Opes, then he can. I think this sort of thing is worse for Opes than it is for us. Our case against him would be stronger if they can prove that he is still being disruptive to our club.

missbelinda77

Juniors
John Lang never tried to sue the club for $1.3 million dollars.

John Lang was never sacked by the club under contract, but I'm sure if he was, he would have tried to sue them as well.

What secrets do you think Bailey is going to leak anyway? As if the board notifies the players of every movement or decision they make. We all know from last year that the board has a leak to the press, I'd be more worried about that.

And if the club was looking for stability, they would never have got themselves into this situation in the first place, the would have just played it safe with John Lang for the next 10 years. They took the risk, and just like any risk, it has it's dangers. It could have paid off, but it didn't. So get over it, and let's get on with the year.

wittyfan

Referee
missbelinda77 said:
And if the club was looking for stability, they would never have got themselves into this situation in the first place, the would have just played it safe with John Lang for the next 10 years. They took the risk, and just like any risk, it has it's dangers. It could have paid off, but it didn't. So get over it, and let's get on with the year.

I am well over Anderson. It seems that Bailey may not be though....

I consider noddy to be far more professional than Phil Bailey and hasnt made any of the destabilising comments that Bailey has.

Bailey actually suggested that he wouldnt mind playing for the Tigers or the Eagles! He also courted interest by other clubs by saying that he'd take a pay cut in the first year if they made up for it in subsequent years. He said his manager was looking into it.

When I heard that on the radio, I couldnt believe it.

Sharkie73

Bench
If Bailey does go WHO CARES there is enough depth in the club now he won't be missed. I wouldn't mind if he left anyway the money we save could be used to tie up some of the other players coming of contract. If he stays and plays for us he will have to play well or he will sit in premier league all season, remember we have the depth now unlike last year :D

cheese

Bench
he's a p.o.s

100% he'll turn his back on the club come june 30

He'd have to be one the most overated player in the game

Everyone says what a great forward he is, even though has only played about half a seasons worth of decent matches in his "#1 position"

He was a passenger in the centres last year, nearing the top of the mistackle list week in and week out. And was regulary run around and caught out in defence

If there hadnt have been 4000 injuries last season, there is no way that bailey could have legitimately been selected for the roo tour. Hence, there is no way that he would be eligble for his undeserved "rep bonus's" that he is using as a bargining tool against the club.

I dont mind paying the money if he can show he is worth it. But IMO he's showed f**k all to warrant a "super contract".

:clap: :clap: :clap:

cheese well said

i cant believe he thinks he is worth MORE than $215,000 per year!

the roosters and dragons are meant to be interested
the two teams who want the salary cap raised so they can keep their juniors
it will be a battle to claim who developed him

givmeabeer

Juniors
Its just a few blokes having a couple of beers and a chat.. All the boys get on well with Chris. Its not a drama!!!!!!!!

pogo

Juniors
if a mate has a huge blue with his employer and u work there too u dont necessarily flick your mate, and this is the case with bailey.
the club has been very sensible in not bowing to baileys demands for bigger dollars and will wait until the deadline.
i hope we can retain bailey as not many forwards are versatile enough to do what he did last year and he played with an injury that would have kept lesser players out.
in saying that we need to be prudennt with the cash as some of these up and coming juniors(geez havent we got some young talent) will be targeted by other clubs.
i reckon bailey wants to stay and wll wait until the salary cap increase debate is finalised, if he doesnt we have more money to secure our very impressive junior talent pool.
its a win for the sharks either way.

Macca

Coach
IMO the club will withdraw their offer to Bailey and probably cull someone else's big contract to make way for a Brittish 5/8th next year. Can anyone guess who that might be?? #-o

Generalzod

Immortal
Sharkie1973 said:
If Bailey does go WHO CARES there is enough depth in the club now he won't be missed. I wouldn't mind if he left anyway the money we save could be used to tie up some of the other players coming of contract. If he stays and plays for us he will have to play well or he will sit in premier league all season, remember we have the depth now unlike last year :D

Bailey was way out of his league in those Kangaroo games in England.
If you want to leave the club Bailey do it quickly.

carinashark

First Grade
Andersons done a lot for Bailey! Shurly he can have a beer with the bloke! A lot of Anderson leaving is to do with the board. And his stupid attitude to his son!
carinashark