What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Voss to host the Footy Show next year... please

Ilya

Juniors
I've said it before, and i'll say it again. NRL Scoreboard and NRL on Fox are the perfect examples of what a difference the shows hosts can make. On the AFL Footy Show, there's only actually one funny character, and he's standing behind the bar. I'm pretty sure he's never had anything to do with AFL other than being a supporter, but he's a funny bastard nonetheless, and they always just go to him for comic relief. That's all you need, you can't have 4 trying to be funny (and failing), and at the same time trying to speak seriously about footy (and failing at that too). Fatty's incompetence isn't funny anymore, it's just annoying, and the Chief is boring as hell. The Falcon is their attempt at mimicking the AFL footys shows funny man behind the bar, but trouble is, the Falcon is dumb as a doorknob sometimes, not to mention his comedic ability seems to be nonexistent.
We're all saying the same thing here, but nothing changes.

ngunity

Juniors
During the post match show on Friday night footy (dogs vs Tigers) tonight did anyone notice Voss sticking it to Gould with:
"That's twice you've been wrong tonight"

I was laughing my ass off, and betting Phil wouldn't like that very much

makes me like Voss even more, he's a decent presenter with Lots of knowledge.

Doubt he'd fit in on Thursday night unless he's a rampant cross-dressing tool and we just haven't figured that out yet :oops:

zulu

Juniors
ngunity said:
During the post match show on Friday night footy (dogs vs Tigers) tonight did anyone notice Voss sticking it to Gould with:
"That's twice you've been wrong tonight"

When I saw that, I thought Voss is the man to host the Footy Show next year. He's a great host, can be funny, is passionate about league and always puts a strong arguement across.

You wouldn't see Fatty and Sterlo sticking it to Gould like that.

Channel 9 have their head up their bums if they don't make Andrew Voss the Footy Show Host next year.

They need to make some big changes and that should be the first.

PB said:
The sad thing about Vaultin is, he was funny when the show started ten years ago becaus everyone laughed at his innocent mistakes (i.e mis reading things, looking at wrong camera's etc..). 10 years later he still makes the same blunders! BORING!!! And Walters is right out of his mould! Can't read a clipboard, his jokes are laim and to be honest that is usually switch off time for me when he clocks on.

Vaultin - Gorrrrnnnn
Sterling - Stay on sunday shows and commentary
Matty johns - Stay
Chief - Gorrrnnnn
Mario - Stay, in limited capacity
Voss - yep as long as he keeps voicing his opinion and doesnt become another "Gould lacky"

Scott Sattler would be good on the panel as well
Andrew Johns - No thanks
Girds - in moderation
Brandi - not bad
MG - Sign him up.

Brutus

Referee
The Sun Herald says that Fatty and Sterlo are about to have their contracts extended by Channel 9.

why all the love for voss lately?

he's no better than the rest of those idiots

matty johns is the only good thing 9 has going for it

et

Juniors
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this... there's a LOT of Footy Show and 2GB threads!

http://liveit.telstra.com/asp/index.asp?pgid=20575

Describe in 50 words or less, a new segment you think could be introduced to the Footy Show with an NRL theme.

The answer deemed the most creative and original will win:

(a) behind the scenes access on Channel 9’s NRL Footy Show on 19 August 2004 at 12 Scott St Willoughby, NSW. This includes having the opportunity to watch the live production of one episode of the NRL Footy Show at the Channel Nine studios and all that goes on "behind the scenes" in pre-show production, such as editing and rehearsals, and then the broadcasting of the show live to air;

(b) a $500 money order to be used for the winner's travel to and from the Experience;

Some may be interested.

iggy plop

First Grade
ShireShark said:
why all the love for voss lately?

he's no better than the rest of those idiots

matty johns is the only good thing 9 has going for it

Because Voss doesn't go on like a goose 24/7 and is very competent.

I agree with your views on Matty Johns though - a must for the show.

Latest posts