What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Webster & GWS

j5o6hn

Juniors
Read the column in the SMH by Webster singing the praises of GWS and how wonderful they are, also cracks by Vlad and Shepherd about RL and GWS,according to Webster they growing by leaps and bounds ect.
I know the SMH dont like RL as its not their kind of game,good old Rugger is pity its dying,I dont think they like RL cause it killing Rugger,talk about AFL propaganda

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Webster and Rothfield was undoubtedly paid by the AFL for puff pieces.

It's sickening and it's going to keep on happening regardless of how shit GWS crowds continue to be.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Read the column in the SMH by Webster singing the praises of GWS and how wonderful they are, also cracks by Vlad and Shepherd about RL and GWS,according to Webster they growing by leaps and bounds ect.
I know the SMH dont like RL as its not their kind of game,good old Rugger is pity its dying,I dont think they like RL cause it killing Rugger,talk about AFL propaganda

Funny thing is, AFL is killing off rugger in Sydney!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Webby has lost me in the last couple of months, he was one of the last jounalists i read in the sydney papers. I stick exclusively to nrl.com and other independant league websites for news these days. ABC, SMH, DT, nine, seven and ten can all get stuffed

hutch

First Grade
Smh has had the best rugby league journalists over the last few years. Mascord, Brent read, carayannis (until he went to news limited) are all actual rugby league fans and journalists as opposed to gossip columnists. Webster is not a rugby league fan, he should be at the daily Tele with the rest of the clowns. Shit article devoid of any factual evidence of GWS' supposed growing popularity!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Smh has had the best rugby league journalists over the last few years. Mascord, Brent read, carayannis (until he went to news limited) are all actual rugby league fans and journalists as opposed to gossip columnists. Webster is not a rugby league fan, he should be at the daily Tele with the rest of the clowns. Shit article devoid of any factual evidence of GWS' supposed growing popularity!

Forgot mascord and masters who i still read, although mascord has deteriorated in the past year. Really there are few if any australian joirnalists in general who are not compromised or have other interests motivating there writing.

Webster and Rothfield was undoubtedly paid by the AFL for puff pieces.

It's sickening and it's going to keep on happening regardless of how shit GWS crowds continue to be.
Don't forget Bourbon Becs as well and she's also a fumbleball ambassador.
Had a read and while it's nowhere near as pro AFL as Booze's, it still seems a paid ad. mentioning there are plenty of people in the shade that can't be seen on tv; sure buddy we will take your word for it.

This is a refreshing piece from someone who has obviously not been bought

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2016/05/27/gws-will-never-win-code-battle/
The old chesnut about people in the shade on the camera side carries no weight with me because it doesn't happen.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I have always found that the best RL journalism, apart from Broadcast negotiations, is to be found in The Australian.

Brent Read and Stuart Honeysett cover the game well, unfortunately the latter has been sacked because no one buys that paper.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
f**king union fans ... have realised there sport is dying in au and couldn't bring themselves to support nrl

So they have latched on to afl .

Sucks how most sports have the clubs that the rich support..
Yankees Lakers Chelsea etc

But in Sydney the elite will switch to a different code as they can't bring themselves to have anything in common with the working man

TonyT6

Bench
Honestly some of you lot are complete f**king imbeciles. Journos like Webster get told by the editor what they are to cover, it's not like Webby(who loves NRL) can say sorry boss I might sit this one out.

I suppose his editor has said " GWS is in the top 4 do a yarn on them". 99% of his stories are NRL focused so I don't understand the mentality.

Brutus

Referee
Honestly some of you lot are complete f**king imbeciles. Journos like Webster get told by the editor what they are to cover, it's not like Webby(who loves NRL) can say sorry boss I might sit this one out.

I suppose his editor has said " GWS is in the top 4 do a yarn on them". 99% of his stories are NRL focused so I don't understand the mentality.

Webby is at home at Coogee Oval watching his Randwick Rah Rah team.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Webster also went to Prague with Keith Shady to spread the GWS gospel http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n-warlord-sheeds/story-e6frexwr-1226100054031

just another tosser who poses as a RL journo

Those were the days, when the Waste of space would be pumped by 100 odd and Slim Shady would focus on a five-ten minute period were his Giants score more goals than the opposition :lol:.

Also check out this spanner; some Giants fan on twitter who is like that kid who never got invited to birthdays.

https://twitter.com/Tim_Peck

Perth Red

Post Whore
"We took a generational view," Demetriou continues. "Talk to us about GWS in 30 years, when you will see the benefits, just like the Swans. I'm not surprised by their success. The only surprise is that it's ahead of schedule."

And there in lies the biggest difference between the 2 codes.