What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus backs Madge and says blame the players

Pommy

Coach
The problem is it's not been a poor year, it's been three poor years.
It th players are to blame Madge should have been able to fix it within three years.
It's time for him to leave.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is the sort of article we needed to see. I haven't seen another player come out this year with their support for Madge.

I was keen on him leaving because I thought the players didn't like him anymore and maybe the rumours were true. If he hasn't lost the dressing room then he's still good in my eyes.
Spot on!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Spot on!!!

It's kind of nice it's Crichton as well. He's the one player that we cannot afford to lose. All our younger players that are coming through are really enthusiastic and they give it their all on game day. That's the passion that we've lost with some of our older players in my opinion. Burgess twins, Reynolds and Sutton being my main culprits. Although Sutton still has flashes of brilliance. Just not an 80 minute player anymore.

CAFPOW

Juniors
The problem is it's not been a poor year, it's been three poor years.
It th players are to blame Madge should have been able to fix it within three years.
It's time for him to leave.

Let's say Richo is giving Madge players with no ticker/passion, in that case Richo needs to go. Those players with no ticker/passion needs to go and Madge who is a robot that can't adopt with what is new or in front of him, Maybe, he too needs to go?

Pommy

Coach
Let's say Richo is giving Madge players with no ticker/passion, in that case Richo needs to go. Those players with no ticker/passion needs to go and Madge who is a robot that can't adopt with what is new or in front of him, Maybe, he too needs to go?

Richo wasn't even here for all that time.

themacemaceman

Juniors
This is the sort of article we needed to see. I haven't seen another player come out this year with their support for Madge.

I was keen on him leaving because I thought the players didn't like him anymore and maybe the rumours were true. If he hasn't lost the dressing room then he's still good in my eyes.
Call me old and cynical but I take what players say when interviewed with a grain of salt.

No player is going to come out and bag the coach.

No player since Willie Mason has said what they really think.

They all just "toe the company line".
I don't even bother listening or reading players interviews anymore.

They just say what they are "supposed to say".

Pommy

Coach
He is with us these past 2 years. He is accountable with our recruitment now that we do not have a "Recruitment Manager".

Yeah sure but my point was he hasn't been here for the entire time we have been shit. He also didn't sign the twins up to big contracts limiting his recruitment. If you say Madge isn't to blame I'm not sure how you can blame richo either.

Pommy

Coach
Call me old and cynical but I take what players say when interviewed with a grain of salt.

Exactly it the same when players sign for clubs unless there is evidence of them wearing the colours as a child they don't give a shit it's just a pay cheque.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Yeah sure but my point was he hasn't been here for the entire time we have been shit. He also didn't sign the twins up to big contracts limiting his recruitment. If you say Madge isn't to blame I'm not sure how you can blame richo either.

What I'm saying is that maybe all of them needs to go.

Pommy

Coach
What I'm saying is that maybe all of them needs to go.

But why Richo? His hands have been tied by the actions of his predecessor. I claim Madge should go not because he's a bad manager but because he is unable to get this side to play a tune and we can't sack the side.

CAFPOW

Juniors
But why Richo? His hands have been tied by the actions of his predecessor. I claim Madge should go not because he's a bad manager but because he is unable to get this side to play a tune and we can't sack the side.

Richo now had 2 seasons to sort our our salary cap. I'm sure we were laughing at the Roosters being 2nd last last season, but look at them now compared to us. I do not know who is at fault, if it's Richo, Madge or the players. But there is something seriously wrong with Souths and they better do something.

As for Madge, he's with us til 2019.

Pommy

Coach
The thing is you can't sort the salary cap out until contracts are over. It's not like teaching players plays it is what it is.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I would usually agree with what you say but honestly if the players didn't back him then they just wouldn't say anything. You couldn't really post that on a news website could you?

I honestly do feel as if Madge is really good with the juniors as well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would usually agree with what you say but honestly if the players didn't back him then they just wouldn't say anything. You couldn't really post that on a news website could you?

Yep Madge is good with our juniors. That's for sure....

themacemaceman

Juniors

The thing is with all these quotes we see from players we don't see the question the journo has asked him.
If he was asked "Do you think it's time for a change of coach?" then he can't exactly say nothing.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The thing is with all these quotes we see from players we don't see the question the journo has asked him.
If he was asked "Do you think it's time for a change of coach?" then he can't exactly say nothing.

I think he can just say something like "no comment" don't you think? It's not really a good article then.