What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton

no name

Coach
For u and me pal. Not for these blokes these days...
Haha, sure thing.
None of 'these blokes', who are aged between their late teens to mid 30s with relatively high income, bung it on for days.
Next you'll be telling me none of 'these blokes' don't get on the liney lineys.
Anyway, Crichton is a weapon, hope he fulfills his potential.

Spot On

Coach
Keep the poor bloke as far away from the NSW set up as possible. Nothing good for him there. Will only destroy his development.

....and Gus has come out today and said he will not allow the Penrith players near the NSW Origin set up if chosen.

Spot On

Coach
Because it's working so well for Penrith this year.

Don't go off too early mate. They've under achieved somewhat but still have a shot if good enough.

But that is not the point is it.

Everyone knows Cleary is the future of NSW Origin. Pearce is ....well... over.

I hope Gus sticks to his guns. The entire NSW Origin set up is farked. I don't blame any club for being apprehensive about their young players going into that environment.

You should know all this after the blokes your club has had to cut recently and are currently still dealing with.

RWB

Bench
Don't go off too early mate. They've under achieved somewhat but still have a shot if good enough.

But that is not the point is it.

Everyone knows Cleary is the future of NSW Origin. Pearce is ....well... over.

I hope Gus sticks to his guns. The entire NSW Origin set up is farked. I don't blame any club for being apprehensive about their young players going into that environment.

You should know all this after the blokes your club has had to cut recently and are currently still dealing with.

Still have a shot.

f**k me.

Thanks Gus.

Spot On

Coach
Do you have any f**king idea at all?

You a bit sour about Roosters players stinking the Origin up?

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
....and Gus has come out today and said he will not allow the Penrith players near the NSW Origin set up if chosen.

Could you imagine a Queensland player / manager / representative of the local raffle / physio etc say anything negative about Queensland? Even if Queensland had lost 5 in a row, representing Queensland is the highest honour a Queenslander can have. It trumps Australia.

No one in Queensland will say anything bad about Queensland ever
No one in Queensland would say no to playing for Queensland
No one in Queensland would say they don't want their friends / family members or team mates playing for Queensland
No one in Queensland says whoever has been picked isn't going to get the job done

This is why Queensland win. They know they're going to win because New South Wales beat themselves

EVERY f**kING TIME

big hit!

Bench
Could you imagine a Queensland player / manager / representative of the local raffle / physio etc say anything negative about Queensland? Even if Queensland had lost 5 in a row, representing Queensland is the highest honour a Queenslander can have. It trumps Australia.

No one in Queensland would say they don't want their friends / family members or team mates playing for Queensland
No one in Queensland says whoever has been picked isn't going to get the job done

This is why Queensland win. They know they're going to win because New South Wales beat themselves

EVERY f**kING TIME
there's got to be enough material in NSW Origin debacles of the last 12 years for a psychological and management case study about how to NOT approach games and series.

anyway, can you lot keep down the praises for crichton. yet another NSW player with potential who is now cursed with expectation and probably not live up to it

King hit

Coach

EVERY f**kING TIME

That is so far from the truth. Before Game 1 there was open disdain from the public and people I know about the players QLD picked and people called the selectors clowns, muppets and turkeys. Whenever QLD lose a game there is criticism at the team from everywhere, they've called players on their own team in contempt and said they were never going to get the job done. Dave Taylor was abused by QLD fans on forums and in public and I still remember the QLD fans that abused their own players, gave them the finger and walked out on them.

More QLD hypocrisy

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors

EVERY f**kING TIME
I remember there was quite a lot of sniping by queensland greats in the early to mid 00s. Dane Carlaw copped it from Gene Miles if i recall correctly for 'looking like Tarzan playing like jane'. He wasn't alone, thats just the one i can remember. I also remember the black lists after 2000 there was a black list that reportedly included Marty Lang amd russel Bawden. Then in 2005 there was rumoured to be another that included Ben Ross, Casey maguire and Corey parker (who didn't play origin again until 2011)

POPEYE

Coach
It looks like Penrith players may have to change clubs to get a shot at Origin anyway . . . call home Nathan

taipan

Referee
To be fair, Dave Taylor has also been abused at every club he ever played for.

If you were nicknamed Coal Train ,you'd have Greenies abusing you every time.
His nickname and build is a magnet for mockery.
At times he can destroy.Not often though.

isaiah

Bench
That is so far from the truth. Before Game 1 there was open disdain from the public and people I know about the players QLD picked and people called the selectors clowns, muppets and turkeys. Whenever QLD lose a game there is criticism at the team from everywhere, they've called players on their own team in contempt and said they were never going to get the job done. Dave Taylor was abused by QLD fans on forums and in public and I still remember the QLD fans that abused their own players, gave them the finger and walked out on them.

More QLD hypocrisy
you read too much daily tele

Basil Brush

Juniors
Crichton is worth at least 500k on the open market and probably a lot more.

I hope the bunnies know this (and for their sake) he is happy there.