What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Who?

You're anonymous here, no one knows who you are.

If this person actually exists there's zero reason not to say who they are
I can't compromise confidentiality!! Another twist to this saga. Greg Inglis was at a private function yesterday and was asked did he know what was happening with Angus. He said that Angus has a substantial offer on the table and that he hasn't heard any rumours that he's signing elsewhere!! So maybe he will or maybe he won't ..........to be continued

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I can't compromise confidentiality!! Another twist to this saga. Greg Inglis was at a private function yesterday and was asked did he know what was happening with Angus. He said that Angus has a substantial offer on the table and that he hasn't heard any rumours that he's signing elsewhere!! So maybe he will or maybe he won't ..........to be continued
:joy: Yes you can :joy: You aren't a journalist, you're an anonynous bloke trying to impress strangers on a forum.

Now you're trying to walk your claim back because it's credibility has been questioned and you know if you try to stand behind it you risk getting exposed as a bullshit artist.

People on here aren't stupid mate. Please don't insult our intelligence.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
:joy: Yes you can :joy: You aren't a journalist, you're an anonynous bloke trying to impress strangers on a forum.

Now you're trying to walk your claim back because it's credibility has been questioned and you know if you try to stand behind it you risk getting exposed as a bullshit artist.

Not trying to impress anybody. Just telling it as it is buddy!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Great post...

Pommy

Coach
If Angus does go to the roosters it will be a sad day for the NRL. The fact that we traded one of our best juniors in Nat Butcher for Crichton and turned him
into the superstar he is only to have him stolen back is just depressing. It just proves that there's no point in investing in juniors because clubs like the Roosters and Manly are just going to end up stealing them. Only have to look at Tedesco and the countless hours the tigers put into him only for him to turn his back on the club. If the NRL really wanted clubs to produce their own juniors they should make it easier to retain those juniors. Not even going to bring the salary cap into this because everyone already knows it's a joke.

If Crichton does decide to go to the roosters I wish him all the best but it's just sad more than anything. Crichton could be so much more staying at a club like Souths and bringing them back from the bottom. He would forever be remembered as a Souths legend rather than another player that went to the star filled roosters side and won a premiership with all the paper bags he wanted.

We don’t invest in juniors though. I’m pretty sure easts have more juniors than Souths do.

Souths and Souths juniors are two totally different businesses, plus Souths juniors couldn’t exist without investing in sport as it’s part of their requirements for a licence.

This is the exact reason players should be traded like football and like the super league does.

TheTruth

Juniors
We don’t invest in juniors though. I’m pretty sure easts have more juniors than Souths do.

Souths and Souths juniors are two totally different businesses, plus Souths juniors couldn’t exist without investing in sport as it’s part of their requirements for a licence.

This is the exact reason players should be traded like football and like the super league does.

You’re on a bit of a hiding to nothing there, you can be as pedantic as you like but Souths Juniors & SSJRLFC have been long intertwined with the charter of the juniors being to promote the development of junior players for the progression to the senior club, what juniors the Roosters have aren’t run by their senior club either, they do have a junior organisation, albeit small

Yes, the licence of Souths juniors like all sporting & community clubs relies on them being a community asset, this means that they may provide funds for any number of “sub clubs” & community or sporting organisations, charities etc, what Souths seniors have been given in the past probably wouldn’t be available in today’s climate, especially in the district with so many diverse organisations competing for funding

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
You’re on a bit of a hiding to nothing there, you can be as pedantic as you like but Souths Juniors & SSJRLFC have been long intertwined with the charter of the juniors being to promote the development of junior players for the progression to the senior club, what juniors the Roosters have aren’t run by their senior club either, they do have a junior organisation, albeit small

Yes, the licence of Souths juniors like all sporting & community clubs relies on them being a community asset, this means that they may provide funds for any number of “sub clubs” & community or sporting organisations, charities etc, what Souths seniors have been given in the past probably wouldn’t be available in today’s climate, especially in the district with so many diverse organisations competing for funding

I’m not on a hiding to nothing at all. Souths invest nothing, Souths juniors invest because they have to.
So the point investing in juniors is a waste of time which I was replying to is total nonsense.
I believed most clubs come under the same parent umbrella as their juniors which ours do not.

callmack1

Staff member
If Angus wasn't going to be with us in 2018 he would've left long before now and he has already said he is 100% commited to us for 2018.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’m not on a hiding to nothing at all. Souths invest nothing, Souths juniors invest because they have to.
So the point investing in juniors is a waste of time which I was replying to is total nonsense.
I believed most clubs come under the same parent umbrella as their juniors which ours do not.

Wait what? Are you saying that our SG ball and Harold Matt sides have nothing to do with our club? Because there is no way that they get funding without Souths help.

TheTruth

Juniors

No other club invests anything more than Souths
Every other club, like Souths are Not that well off as far as their football department is concerned, clubs have leagues clubs sure, but they are pretty much the same as Souths Juniors, they also in accordance with their licence must fund junior sport, charities, community activities, they like the juniors have thousands of members who don’t give a stuff about Rugby League

The kids of the area, traditionally a working class area are just fortunate that a community asset like the juniors saw fit to insure, register & clothe young rugby league players & help run the competitions & in the mean time become one of the richest licensed clubs in Australia, and for a not for profit organisation quite a few individuals strangely became pretty rich over the years

Pommy

Coach
Wait what? Are you saying that our SG ball and Harold Matt sides have nothing to do with our club? Because there is no way that they get funding without Souths help.

I’m saying our club invests nothing which was the original point made.
If I remember correctly Souths juniors, which is a totally seperate buisness have invested a lot in to the full side.

Pommy

Coach
No other club invests anything more than Souths
Every other club, like Souths are Not that well off as far as their football department is concerned, clubs have leagues clubs sure, but they are pretty much the same as Souths Juniors, they also in accordance with their licence must fund junior sport, charities, community activities, they like the juniors have thousands of members who don’t give a stuff about Rugby League

The kids of the area, traditionally a working class area are just fortunate that a community asset like the juniors saw fit to insure, register & clothe young rugby league players & help run the competitions & in the mean time become one of the richest licensed clubs in Australia, and for a not for profit organisation quite a few individuals strangely became pretty rich over the years

Other clubs have leagues clubs we do not. You can’t say it’s not that different to Souths juniors as the two are the same business at say Penrith or Canterbury, ours is a different entity.

handyman2190

Bench

Mr pommy let me educate u!!!
Souths have an extensive junior league and until the beginning of this just ended season the roosters had just 4 teams...that was all their juniors.
There was a gentlemans agreement we let them play in our comp and they dont pinch our juniors. They broke that agreement and stole i think it was 3 players nate butcher being 1 of them we got the shits and told them their 4 teams could go elseware they werent welcome and they were either going to disband their teams or try and find another junior league to play....or their players could become souths juniors.
The rorters have always employed underhanded tactics so screw them.
Nate butcher at our club would be on crightons level now in 1st grade but instead the rorters prefer to buy established players and poach 1st graders.
Thats the story they dont have a junior league

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Mr pommy let me educate u!!!
Souths have an extensive junior league and until the beginning of this just ended season the roosters had just 4 teams...that was all their juniors.
There was a gentlemans agreement we let them play in our comp and they dont pinch our juniors. They broke that agreement and stole i think it was 3 players nate butcher being 1 of them we got the shits and told them their 4 teams could go elseware they werent welcome and they were either going to disband their teams or try and find another junior league to play....or their players could become souths juniors.
The rorters have always employed underhanded tactics so screw them.
Nate butcher at our club would be on crightons level now in 1st grade but instead the rorters prefer to buy established players and poach 1st graders.
Thats the story they dont have a junior league

I heard the exact same thing but I'm pretty sure Butcher and Crichton were straight swaps.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’m saying our club invests nothing which was the original point made.
If I remember correctly Souths juniors, which is a totally seperate buisness have invested a lot in to the full side.

There's no way you could know something like that unless you were doing books for Souths or Souths juniors. Is there any article that clearly states we have no affiliation with Souths juniors? I'd find that extremely hard to believe. You're arguing the same point that most Easts fans argue.

Souths put a lot of effort into their SG ball sides and Harold Matts sides. They provide them with NRL coaching, fitness programs and even time with our first grade squad. Is that not also investing time and money into Souths juniors?

Last edited:

Latest posts