What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus

TheTruth

Juniors
Other clubs have leagues clubs we do not. You can’t say it’s not that different to Souths juniors as the two are the same business at say Penrith or Canterbury, ours is a different entity.

Leagues clubs aren’t just an organisation to funnel funds into the rugby league, like I said, they are just like Souths Juniors club, as a community asset they benefit through tax breaks & prosper accordingly on the proviso that they make funds available for any number of community groups & sport

Cronulla leagues club has a whole range of “sub clubs” fishing, golf, darts, snooker, toastmasters etc etc as well as a netball club
Souths juniors have to do the exact same thing & make funds available across the board

Quite a few leagues clubs aren’t all that profitable & can only give a grant to the football club if finances allow that, whilst most can give a grant to the football club that doesn’t always mean they can heap even more money towards juniors, most junior organisations have to find their own sponsorship & rely on the goodwill of the community, parents etc to run things

With Souths juniors running our junior rep teams that was a part of their original charter, they exist for that very reason, like I said, that existence turned them into the richest licensed premise possibly in Australia, where certain people became very rich on the back of a community asset

You really have to understand how & why all these clubs exist & the traditional way they have been allowed to be licensed

TheTruth

Juniors
So the club that is owned by Rusty and Packer invests in juniors?

They don’t wholly own the club

But, yes, I would envisage that they invest in our junior rep pathways both financially & intelectually & through a sharing of resources, but at present I think you’ll find that North Sydney would be contributing the lions share as they are happy to be involved so as to maintain a footprint within the NRL

You might note we’re about to build a significant complex that will be a centre of excellence at Hefron Park that will envelop the entire organisation, I’d say that this is a significant investment for our juniors

Pommy

Coach
They don’t wholly own the club

But, yes, I would envisage that they invest in our junior rep pathways both financially & intelectually & through a sharing of resources, but at present I think you’ll find that North Sydney would be contributing the lions share as they are happy to be involved so as to maintain a footprint within the NRL

You might note we’re about to build a significant complex that will be a centre of excellence at Hefron Park that will envelop the entire organisation, I’d say that this is a significant investment for our juniors

You know the local government is fronting most of that cash don’t you?
It is my understanding that the leagues club pays all juniors. I’m more than happy for someone to show me wrong but all I have seen so far is hear say and name calling.

TheTruth

Juniors
You know the local government is fronting most of that cash don’t you?
It is my understanding that the leagues club pays all juniors. I’m more than happy for someone to show me wrong but all I have seen so far is hear say and name calling.

I don’t know where you get this information

What juniors are you talking about? Elite rep juniors or run of the mill kids having a good time on the weekend?

Because in most areas parents have to pay for registration, insurance & uniform
In our district Souths Juniors through their benevolence has for over 60 years paid all of this, like I also said South Sydney was traditionally & still is in some quarters a working class district

I think you’ll find that over the years there have been a few different models for funding junior reps, yes Souths have generally left that up to the juniors, it was something they excelled at & happily did, they basically existed to do it, but both entities have always been heavily intertwined

As for this day & age, I think most NRL Clubs have any number of funding pathways for elite juniors, from sponsorship to “surrogate clubs” like North’s that will be looking after junior reps, it’s not nearly as simplistic as you are making out, like I said, some leagues clubs are richer than others, we are not the only district to have a juniors lisenced club

Pommy

Coach
I don’t know where you get this information

What juniors are you talking about? Elite rep juniors or run of the mill kids having a good time on the weekend?

Because in most areas parents have to pay for registration, insurance & uniform
In our district Souths Juniors through their benevolence has for over 60 years paid all of this, like I also said South Sydney was traditionally & still is in some quarters a working class district

I think you’ll find that over the years there have been a few different models for funding junior reps, yes Souths have generally left that up to the juniors, it was something they excelled at & happily did, they basically existed to do it, but both entities have always been heavily intertwined

As for this day & age, I think most NRL Clubs have any number of funding pathways for elite juniors, from sponsorship to “surrogate clubs” like North’s that will be looking after junior reps, it’s not nearly as simplistic as you are making out, like I said, some leagues clubs are richer than others, we are not the only district to have a juniors lisenced club

It is as simple as I’m making out South Sydney Rabbitohs the club/buisness Angus may or may not leave do not invest in juniors. Other businesses which are legally required to do so are the ones that invest. All the rest is just waffle.

TheTruth

Juniors
It is as simple as I’m making out South Sydney Rabbitohs the club/buisness Angus may or may not leave do not invest in juniors. Other businesses which are legally required to do so are the ones that invest. All the rest is just waffle.

What friggin juniors are you talking about & what kind of funding, you’re being very general & vague which leads me to believe you know SFA

TheTruth

Juniors
I’ll tell you who will be funding all the juniors next year & reserve grade, North Sydney Bears

I imagine Souths & Souths juniors will have plenty of input & probably override decisions, I’m sure all the junior & senior Norths players will be well looked after by Souths medical, physio & training facilities

How’s that?

What year do you want to go to next?

Pommy

Coach
What friggin juniors are you talking about & what kind of funding, you’re being very general & vague which leads me to believe you know SFA

I don’t know how much f**king clearer you want me to be. Your talking in riddles and going around in circles South Sydney Rabbitohs the club and buisness don’t invest in juniors.
Souths Juniors a totally seperate entity do, so Angus leaving hasn’t cost South Sydney Rabbitohs a penny.
What is so hard to fathom about that?
Someone commented it’s not worth investing in youth if this happens. But it is totally as Souths juniours has to invest, if they didn’t they would have to shut up shop.

TheTruth

Juniors
I’ll try & rationalise it AGAIN

So someone was refering to Angus with regards juniors & you have your knickers in a knot?
Angus obviously came from the bush, he played Rugby at a so called elite Sydney private school where he was boarding, he then played part of a season in SG Ball for the chooks, he’s ever since been at Souths, we’re talking about 5 years or so, he was a growing boy, he had ankle problems relating to growth spurts etc, Souths seeing the potential nursed him along, gave him A grade medical & physio care, training etc, which is fine, so when someone bemoans the investment in youth perhaps they are refering to this, he’s clearly from the bush, a bush junior

As for Souths juniors, yes (again) they run the junior competitions, they fund them, they graciously insure, register & fully clothe with uniforms etc every player, they would have most input into picking the very junior rep teams, along with some knowledgeable help from the Rabbitohs, but every club is the same, the all have junior systems that have sponsors & they also have people who select junior rep teams they also have to rely on the kids parents forking out for little johnny to play, so we’re luckier in a sense yes

Souths juniors could legally change their charter tomorrow if their members & board saw fit, they could stop all association with Rugby League & exist still as a community asset & provide funds for hundreds of other community sports & charity, in an area like Kingsford now you’d struggle to find many members that know what RL Is, the place obviously makes most of its money through poker machines, it’s members are a diverse multi cultural lot

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don’t know how much f**king clearer you want me to be. Your talking in riddles and going around in circles South Sydney Rabbitohs the club and buisness don’t invest in juniors.
Souths Juniors a totally seperate entity do, so Angus leaving hasn’t cost South Sydney Rabbitohs a penny.
What is so hard to fathom about that?
Someone commented it’s not worth investing in youth if this happens. But it is totally as Souths juniours has to invest, if they didn’t they would have to shut up shop.

I'm sorry, how have Souths not invested time and money into Angus? Every player that comes through the Souths junior system is invested in. Even if they're two separate entities they still rely on eachother to keep functioning. You can't make the statement that Souths juniors and Souths don't invest in eachother financially if you can't back it up. Legally, they may be two separate entities but what the f**k does that have to do with investment? Even if we put time and resources into the establishment and little money we are still investing in them. Madge always made sure that we had a close relationship with our juniors as he was focused more on retention/development than recruitment.

doyen

Bench
[QUOTE="TheTruth, post: 12608460, member: 48817]

There used to be a member on here called Souths_Reborn who would have loved to get his teeth into this riveting stuff---I wonder where he is!!????

TheTruth

Juniors
You have to remember that both entities, the juniors & the seniors have changed over 100 years just as Sydney has, just as the law has, just as legislation has

The kind of thing rooster supporters would have goaded us about in the past, the same thing pommy is trying to establish is that Souths seniors have done nothing for the juniors, & my old man might have said similar & he played for Souths but probably preferred three years he spent in presidents cup with a trip away thrown in every year, but this whole sentiment belongs in the past, in this day & age the Rabbitohs do as much for junior development as any other organisation, they have to, young players coming through are so important, especially when the league playing demographic has been eroded in the district

Latest posts