What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus

Pommy

Coach
There's never been confirmation of a contract signed, only a deal agreed between the two parties.
My guess is that Easts are giving themselves room to backflip should Crichton not reach the heights he did in 2017.

If that’s the case I can’t say I blame them, “the TPAs have fallen through” seems a bit convenient.

southsport

First Grade
I don’t think the roosters would be that stupid to allow their paperwork to provide evidence of cap fraud, which is what we’re talking about.
That's the point, they're not stupid that's why they never get caught. ;)

Pommy

Coach
That's the point, they're not stupid that's why they never get caught. ;)

So how can there be problems with his contract? I’ve read a few articles online all saying he has signed so I don’t understand how there can now be an issue.
TPAs can’t come in to a contract problem, by definition they are from a third party.

Rabbits20

Immortal
There's never been confirmation of a contract signed, only a deal agreed between the two parties.
My guess is that Easts are giving themselves room to backflip should Crichton not reach the heights he did in 2017.
Who knows what goes on with the scum...

As I said they'll try get someone out for breaking protocol or some BS or drop a dud out the door and claim they have enough!!

If it falls through I'll be LMAO so hard!

southsport

First Grade
So how can there be problems with his contract? I’ve read a few articles online all saying he has signed so I don’t understand how there can now be an issue.
TPAs can’t come in to a contract problem, by definition they are from a third party.
Well Angus was promised money from TPAs and now that money has dried up.

ThingFish

Juniors
But that can’t have any bearing on a contract as it’s not allowed to be included in that.
Although the TPAs aren’t in the contract and have no legal bearing on the contract, what they do have bearing on is if the player signs the contract or not. This is the essence of cap rorting. A contract figure may be say $200k less than our offer, but with TPAs and BPBs (brown paper bags) of $400k this gets a player to sign. Take away the $400k or decrease the $400k to $200k and the incentive to sign is gone.

Pommy

Coach
Although the TPAs aren’t in the contract and have no legal bearing on the contract, what they do have bearing on is if the player signs the contract or not. This is the essence of cap rorting. A contract figure may be say $200k less than our offer, but with TPAs and BPBs (brown paper bags) of $400k this gets a player to sign. Take away the $400k or decrease the $400k to $200k and the incentive to sign is gone.

I understand all that and I don’t believe we’re immune from it either but if he has signed he has signed, how can his contract be up in the air?

Pommy

Coach
The contract won't be signed until the TPAs are in place.

I don’t believe that’s the case as they’re not allowed to be connected and I don’t think the deal would have been announced had a deal not been done.

Why would Angus announce to Souths that he was leaving if there was a chance he wasn’t? It weakens his hand later in negotiating a deal.

ThingFish

Juniors
I understand all that and I don’t believe we’re immune from it either but if he has signed he has signed, how can his contract be up in the air?
Well if any of this crap is true, it sounds like he may not have signed yet.

He may have accepted an offer GI style with the Broncos or DCE style with the Titans. But as these guys have shown alot can happen between that and pen on paper.

southsport

First Grade
He hasn't signed anything yet, that's why there's been no announcement.

Travitoh

First Grade
Well if any of this crap is true, it sounds like he may not have signed yet.

He may have accepted an offer GI style with the Broncos or DCE style with the Titans. But as these guys have shown alot can happen between that and pen on paper.

Not so sure about GI but DCE actually had signed with GC but then changing his mind before the old June 30 deadline. That is largely why the 10 day cooling period was introduced.

I would say that a term has been agreed in principle but Crichton is yet to see an actual contract. He jumped the gun in telling Souths he'd agreed a deal and would be joining Easts.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
If the Papali rumours are true, is he an adequate replacement for Angus?
Or should Gillet or others be pursued?

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Not so sure about GI but DCE actually had signed with GC but then changing his mind before the old June 30 deadline. That is largely why the 10 day cooling period was introduced.

I would say that a term has been agreed in principle but Crichton is yet to see an actual contract. He jumped the gun in telling Souths he'd agreed a deal and would be joining Easts.
If this is true we should have another crack and getting him to stay.
He has had a chance to play under Siebs now and get over Madge leaving