What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying Jobdogs and how to deal with them.

redvscotty

First Grade
So I'm sitting here typing this up while an annoying merkin has a conversation with the back of my head.

This guys is king on the annoying people and just does not know where or when to stop.

So far I've said 'Yeah' and 'Ha!' and yet he's been standing over the other side of the pod blabbing on about seemingly nothing.

He's discussed:

- How Steams servers got hacked and as a result all the MW3 and BO servers got god mode for ages and he had so much fun knifing but not killing some random guy.
- How he loved Transformers in Bluray - HD.
- How our systems at work suck (Note: I brought it up to someone else and he chimed in with a 10 minute explanation of the exact thing I had just said in 1 minute)
- How he used to do overtime for half an hour every day but not anymore.
- How he thinks he'll win lotto on Saturday because he won a coin toss.
- How he cant wait for the Expendables 2 to come out.

We work in a call centre. Between the times of 4:30 - 6:00 PM he will do anything to get out of taking calls. This includes calling our vendors and bothering them with his inane conversation. These include:

- How he moved into a new house and theres this guy who wears an aviators hat and boxer shorts and just sits in the yard all day.
- How his neighbour mows the lawn at 01:00 AM on weekends with a dolphin torch.
- How he was renovating his bathroom (by the smell of him I'm almost positive that was a lie, I reckon he doesnt even know what a bathroom is!)
- His plans for the weekend (think 'egg salad sandwich on friday night' in 40 year old virgin type stuff.

Now, I have tried to be nice to this guy and help him out but it's at the point where he is just the worst and most annoying person I know.

He has non existent personal hygiene, he is short, he wears a chain thats almost thicker than his neck. He wears white joggers with black business pants to work for f**ks sake. He chain smokes and then walks around the office hoiking and coughing all day in a way that screams 'I smoke therefore I am cool'. He sends you poorly worded emails then comes over to try and explain that email and its full contents to you no matter how long it takes him to spit it out. He often prefaces the talk with 'just a quick one..'. He went on workers comp because he sat under an air conditioner vent and his back got cold and apparently he got spinal chills.

I often wonder if its hate more than annoyance....

Anyone else care to share? I think I just needed a vent.

Last edited:

Cliffhanger

Coach
Just make up something about yourself which makes you come across as weird and/or creepy. The only way to get the to f**k off is to creep them out. Or next time he talks to you but in and talk for 2 hours straight about something boring which happened to you.

redvscotty

First Grade
Somehow I don't think that would work.

Since the original post:

- His girlfriend needed 'downtime' in Darwin and has gone away in a few weeks then is going on an all expenses paid 4 day trip to Bali with her 'uncle'.
- Bali is heaps hot and is all really flat...... like New South Wales. wtf?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a co worker like this.

I put an end to it quickly.
I said excitedly to him "hey you know what?"
He replied happily "what?"

And then i said "you are a boring annoying f**kwit. I don't ever want you to talk to me again. If you do i will be obliged to pubch you in the mouth and, if i feel inclined, i will also piss your ugly shitfilled head encasing the worlds nost inactive brain. Now f**k off you dopey merkin before i wrap a f**king chair around your head!"

I got a warning, but i also got peace.

Hallatia

Referee
I don't see what's wrong with being perfectly blunt with theses types of people. Just tell him that he's annoying you and ask him to kindly shut the f up.

For some reason, most people actually appreciate it when you're painfully blunt with them

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I work with plenty of annoying people so I just wind them up. I am a bit of a troll and know how to push buttons. Maybe I am the annoying person in the work place

StormChaser

First Grade
I am THE best at tuning gronks out, I can look at you, nod, smile and not have a f**king clue what you are jibbering about, in my head I'm miles away. Works for me

dogslife

Coach
I had this problem at work, I just made it painfully obvious I wasn't interested in anyone's stories or personal lives in general, it worked, I'm out of the loop. People still talk to me, but it's generally sports and nothing else these days, works for me

redvscotty

First Grade
I told him to f**k off one day but he's like a cockroach (In size, looks and in persistence).

One thing I do pretty well is wind him up, but he either has no idea about it, or thinks im laughing with him, not at him.

It's fun for my work, since I'm a factory worker. We do a production line, once someone slips up, we're all f*cked. These people, SOMEHOW, AMAZINGLY always seem to go at the start of the line. So I move them to the end, the work piles up because they're too busy trying to get out of work, busted. lulz. Although it does mean I have to work hard to get people to shut up......

God-King Dean

Immortal
I had this problem at work, I just made it painfully obvious I wasn't interested in anyone's stories or personal lives in general, it worked, I'm out of the loop. People still talk to me, but it's generally sports and nothing else these days, works for me

At my previous job I had to work with the biggest bunch of bitches, men & women. You would not believe how much talking behind people's backs their were. I couldn't stand em.

So ended up just sitting in the cafeteria on my lonesome. Ended up saying not one social word to em after the first couple of weeks.

Thank f**k I don't work there anymore, I'd have went all Columbine.

Cliffhanger

Coach
At my last job we weren't allowed to be anti-social towards colleagues, we were supposed to be tight nit. Especially if you a producer as you had to brief people in the other departments and they would be part of your teams. All my colleagues would go to the pub down stairs every Friday and get shitfaced, they'd be there from 5:30 to midnight, Friday night was a climbing night for me so I never went, my manager used to tell me while she can't make me she would rather I be there for at least an hour or so. She tried to make me go every Friday.

At my previous job I had to work with the biggest bunch of bitches, men & women. You would not believe how much talking behind people's backs their were. I couldn't stand em.

So ended up just sitting in the cafeteria on my lonesome. Ended up saying not one social word to em after the first couple of weeks.

Thank f**k I don't work there anymore, I'd have went all Columbine.

Yes! It's a factory I work in. The amount of bitching and backstabbing. All for that extra dollar or two. Or appreciation.

The bosses have a million eyes.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I quit, I used to produce corporate conferences. It was a shit job, super demanding and while the base was okay the commission for producers was unfair.

Also the company were just dickheaded, it's all good and well to cut costs, but not when you're reducing the quality of your product and all the meanwhile making it more expensive. By the time I left tickets to our conferences cost 3500 each.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
At my last job we weren't allowed to be anti-social towards colleagues, we were supposed to be tight nit. Especially if you a producer as you had to brief people in the other departments and they would be part of your teams. All my colleagues would go to the pub down stairs every Friday and get shitfaced, they'd be there from 5:30 to midnight, Friday night was a climbing night for me so I never went, my manager used to tell me while she can't make me she would rather I be there for at least an hour or so. She tried to make me go every Friday.
Knit.

:p