What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another game.....

hunters

Juniors
and not a single f***ing kick finding touch! ](*,)

In fact, we have probably found touch 5 or 6 times IN TOTAL this season. Our forwards have been pretty ordinary but our lack of a kicking game is putting too much unnecessary pressure on us both in terms of where the opposition starts their sets and our forwards not getting a blow when they need it.

Kicking drills all week at training please Mr. Taylor.

PS Late thought - let Pettybourne take over kicking duties, he can do everything else.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
And the Rabbitohs HAVE reasonably skilled general play kickers.

As an Eels fan, I've grown accustomed to my team finding fullbacks and wingers on the full and having no idea where the in goal and sidelines are.

But the Bunnies have shown they can do this in the past ... but they run frustratingly hot and cold.

I HATE weekends when both the Eels and Bunnies lose ... not to mention when they both do it against lower placed teams (who are missing personnel who are probably more important to them than the players my teams are missing).

glory glory

Juniors
Sandow had a brilliant kicking game when he 1st came on the scene but it has deserted him. He had touch finders, 40/20's, chips, grubbers the lot. Now he's got nuthin. How can such an accomplished kicking game just disappear? and don't tell me that he does too many tackles or he is being rushed by defenders that is bullsh*t.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
And you'd think that one thing Taylor should definitely be able to teach is kicking ... it was practically all he could do.

hunters

Juniors
Once again our crap kicking game is killing us. Pinned within our 20 all night because of it and we have no real choice but to go one out the whole time.

Robbie 12

Juniors
What a bad game by souths defence, their line speed was horrible you could do a dance in front of the souths defence before they tackled, there was no will or determination to want to win the game, faioso was carrying three souths players with him and making 20 yards,

newcastle's was up and in your face and they were even driving the souths players back in defence, souths didnt do that to any newcastle player.. and there was no pressure on the ball handler mullen, at all he, even had all the time in the world to even juggle the ball before he snapped for a field goal..... what happend to coming up off your line and making a hit in defence driving with the shoulder, iam going to tackle the guy in front of me ( ben lowe had no idea, the mad dog just ran all over him,)

and taylor should of seen what newcastles attack was aimming at and moved the frog to the centre's as he has played there before,and got up in his face

African Monkey

First Grade
They came out determined in the 2nd half where we looked like we wanted to hold on to a 12-6 lead and what was up with John Sutton ?

Nickmm

Juniors
They came out determined in the 2nd half where we looked like we wanted to hold on to a 12-6 lead and what was up with John Sutton ?

He is not a play maker, he cant make quick decisions, he is a lock and can play his game without running the team. i dont know its only my opinion but i still think he hates playing at 5/8, i know he has mentioned he doesnt mind it as he did but i think he has been gagged from speaking his mind on the subject.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
To Newcastle's credit, they were VERY impressive in the second half.

Shows, however, that they are definitely better coached than Souths. : (

I have to agree on the John Sutton front. I'd much prefer him at lock, running lines and looking for offloads. He can chime in with an occasional ball before the line, which hopefully he'll learn to use to great effect (pulling it out occasionally to keep defensive lines guessing, it'd pay big dividends for his offloading too).

If the Rabbitohs do lose Wing ... there will be tough times ahead because there will be NO depth in the halves at all. There's barely any now.

The Eels aren't going wonderfully with their THIRD STRING halves ... but they are equal to the Bunnies on the ladder and occasionally beating higher ranked teams. What would happen to Souths if they lost three playmakers (Sandow, Sutton and Wing, as compared to the Eels' Finch, Mateo and Keating)? Souths would presumably have 6. Capewell and 7. Luke.

Robbie 12

Juniors
He is not a play maker, he cant make quick decisions, he is a lock and can play his game without running the team. i dont know its only my opinion but i still think he hates playing at 5/8, i know he has mentioned he doesnt mind it as he did but i think he has been gagged from speaking his mind on the subject.

I agree move wing to 5/8 (inform) sutton to lock pettbourne to start crocker second row and sandow to defend at hooker not at centre as every one runs at him at least you have other props helping out, all he has to do even if he cant tackle the big players all he has to do is lock up the ball and others will join in...

( your weakest defender amounts your strongest defenders to protect him )

luke to defend between prop and second row

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
[
Kicking drills all week at training please Mr. Taylor.
.[/QUOTE]That's a great Idea the players can kick Taylor around all week at training preferably in the Butt that will make us all feel better.