What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Winge (Channel Nein)

Earl

Coach
The commentary team last night disgusted me yet again.

When Stephen Kearney had the all rake away from his hands last night by Jason Ryles, which clearly should have been a penalty, Sterlo decides to have a go at Kearney saying that he should have been controlling the ball better. He couldn't have done any better than he was with 8 sets of hands.

And I for the lifeof me can't understand why they insist on having a half time break longer than the actuall break. If you go to the game theres about a 10 minute break. If you watch channel 9 theres about a 15 minute break with ads on top.

Its just disgusting.

Wests is Best

Juniors
I agree it should of been a penalty to the Storm. Sterlo says poor ball security, but Kearney had the ball in his hands so he could play it. He can't play the ball with the ball tucked securely under his arm.

nqboy

First Grade
I'm in the minority who don't believe the games should be live, I think it would detract from the crowd.

pcpp

Juniors
nqboy said:
I'm in the minority who don't believe the games should be live, I think it would detract from the crowd.

I agree partially with that as well.

However, if the game is in NSW or ACT, it should be live in QLD. And if the game is in QLD, the game should be live in NSW and ACT. Kickoff 8pm, delay 30 mins if not live.

Eels Dude

Coach
nqboy said:

I don't think it would make a difference. If people want to go to the game, they'll go to the game. I don't think it matters whether there's a live broadcast of the match or not.

t-ba

Post Whore
I don't think It makes a difference. The Fact is, A Game that's on nine usually gets a bigger crowd because it gets advertised on FTA!

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
Channel 9 should give up the rights to the NRL, they are doing a disgraceful job, and their joke of a footy show needs to either cop the axe, or change the program from hey hey its thursday, to the footy show like AFL has.

I'd rather the whole foxsports coverage, and their footy show over the channel 9. The panel might suck, but they talk footy!

Earl

Coach
I'd much prefer to watch Melbourne play on fox anyday. And NRL on Fox is far superior to the footy show.

nqboy said:

I don't think it makes a difference. If I'm going to the Footy, I'm going whether its on TV or not... and if I stay home it's just bloody annoying that it isn't live (the fact that it's delayed doesnt make me decide to go).

t-ba the hutt said:
I don't think It makes a difference. The Fact is, A Game that's on nine usually gets a bigger crowd because it gets advertised on FTA!

I think when it's live it increases peoples interest, makes it seem more important... plus everyone knows when kickoff is.

Red Bear

Referee
Tell you what pisses me off? South Sydney only getting one tv game this year, When Manly get what, 3 or 4 and cronulla have had about 4 maybe more. Sure the Cowboys are only getting one and i think that isnt good either, but Souths are forgotten here. even up the coverage a bit. I do think better team deserve more coverage but not so lopsided. Penrith had 5 games in a row at the start of the year, Dragons n Roosters n Dogs and Storm are also always on tv. I Like the Roosters and like watching em lay but i would like some variety. Absolute disgrace that Souths only got 1 game(i think Cows will make the 8 and get another free to air).

GoTheBears said:
Tell you what pisses me off? South Sydney only getting one tv game this year, When Manly get what, 3 or 4 and cronulla have had about 4 maybe more. Sure the Cowboys are only getting one and i think that isnt good either, but Souths are forgotten here. even up the coverage a bit. I do think better team deserve more coverage but not so lopsided. Penrith had 5 games in a row at the start of the year, Dragons n Roosters n Dogs and Storm are also always on tv. I Like the Roosters and like watching em lay but i would like some variety. Absolute disgrace that Souths only got 1 game(i think Cows will make the 8 and get another free to air).

I think one game for Souths is ok, considering they have been constant cellar-dwellers and look like they might end up with the spoon again. Actually, haven't Souths had 2 games this year?

Red Bear

Referee
Nope, 1.
Look at Manly tho, theyve had 3 or 4 games on free to air, sharks similar, tigers, eels. Souths n Cowboys have the least games(although Cowboys if they make the finals get another one). If Manly weren't Fatty's bitch they would have a lot less games thats for sure.

Frailty

First Grade
Sharks and Tigers are/were pushing for the top eight where as Souths weren't. the cowboys seemed to quietly made their way as top 8 contenders so they get the tv game and it will be come tv games

bubs

Juniors
Don't worry everyone.
Tomorrow we will be back to the same old 9 stuff.
The GOOSTERS will be on TV. Hooray.
Gould will be crowing (pun INTENDED) on how good his goosters are, how they are the champions (even though Penrith won last year) and how much Sharks are cheating if they ever get a penalty awarded to them.
Everything will return to normal soon.

Surandy

Bench
I think the commentators ought to know the players names, instead of saying "number 15" coz they can't remember which player was wearing the number 15 jersey.

Latest posts