What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin Disappreciation Society

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Yeah, that’s not the point I’m making. Whether you are too dumb too see it or just purposefully ignoring it is for the courts to decide.

Fangs

Coach
Getting this back on the first page with the hope it is immortalised in the classic threads sub-forum.

Could we add a poll please? If Anthony Griffin capable of leading this team to a premiership in 2018.

betcats

Referee
IF he can turn us into a defensive monster over this offseason then we might be a threat. Given our issues the past two seasons scoring against the better teams that is the only way we can ben serious contenders. I have very little fait in that happening but I have been wrong lots of times before.

Pomoz

Bench
Yeah I remember when Luke Lewis was the problem.

He left you guys did no better and he went on to win a premiership.

I take no joy in this, I like the pennies, but take a rejected Bronco at you peril.

We once paid good coin for Darren Mapp.....we can be dicks too.
"He left you guys did no better and he went on to win another premiership to go with one he had already won at the Panthers, 13 years earlier." There, fixed it for you. You're welcome :)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
"He left you guys did no better and he went on to win another premiership to go with one he had already won at the Panthers, 13 years earlier." There, fixed it for you. You're welcome :)
Why thankyou for showing the abject failure of Gus.

Yeah so was already a premiership winner, but was the problem................

I love all John Langs and Preston Campbells.

Yet you have not won since....not even close.

You have Griffin..........

Got one for Michael Jennings? He was an issue, went to the roosters won.

To be fair a captain goes down with his ship, so stay solid.

OldPanther

Coach
Why thankyou for showing the abject failure of Gus.

Yeah so was already a premiership winner, but was the problem................

I love all John Langs and Preston Campbells.

Yet you have not won since....not even close.

You have Griffin..........

Got one for Michael Jennings? He was an issue, went to the roosters won.

To be fair a captain goes down with his ship, so stay solid.

Not even close? 2014 was one game from the GF, that's pretty damn close.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am a shark, been told for 50 years 1st or nothing.

Close is runner up.

Then the rest played.

mxlegend99

Referee
I watched NRL360. Wasnt convinced one way or the other on anything the players said. Its not like an existing player can come out and say anything bad about the coach.

I thought all things considered that Kenty took it easy on them. Asked the obvious questions but didnt really try and press too hard.

We also got confirmation that Hook is doing f**k all coaching these days. Sitting on the sidelines while Gus and Ciraldo do most of his job. Taking input from anywhere. Theres definitely no faith from the club in Hook. He's essentially being babysat now.

OldPanther

Coach
I watched NRL360. Wasnt convinced one way or the other on anything the players said. Its not like an existing player can come out and say anything bad about the coach.

I thought all things considered that Kenty took it easy on them. Asked the obvious questions but didnt really try and press too hard.

We also got confirmation that Hook is doing f**k all coaching these days. Sitting on the sidelines while Gus and Ciraldo do most of his job. Taking input from anywhere. Theres definitely no faith from the club in Hook. He's essentially being babysat now.

I've got it recorded. Will watch after work. I now it's bad to some but it makes me happy to hear that Griffin is being put to the side. What is Ciraldo like as a coach?

mxlegend99

Referee
Some said Ciraldo is our attacking coach. He did well with our 20s. But would still be below Hook as far as team responsibilities go.

I think Gus is just now placing more focus on managing our coaches. Possibly hoping to teach Hook. The boys kept mentioning learning and included Hook in that.

Hook is the top guy as far as coaching goes. But it sounded like he had less responsibility than a normal coach. Gus definitely couldnt work with Des Hasler. Thats for sure.

OldPanther

Coach
Some said Ciraldo is our attacking coach. He did well with our 20s. But would still be below Hook as far as team responsibilities go.

I think Gus is just now placing more focus on managing our coaches. Possibly hoping to teach Hook. The boys kept mentioning learning and included Hook in that.

Hook is the top guy as far as coaching goes. But it sounded like he had less responsibility than a normal coach. Gus definitely couldnt work with Des Hasler. Thats for sure.

If an apprenticeship under Gus turns Griffin into the coach we need he can stay for the next 10 years as far as I'm concerned.

mxlegend99

Referee
The trouble is I dont think Gould is much of a teacher. His teaching seems to be by doing. Just pushing Hook aside.

We might not be able to get a decent coach while Gus is here