What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin Disappreciation Society

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
No to Cartwright, no to Fittler, no to Johns.... we can't criticize Gould for taking on Griffin despite his track record and then jump directly into the same mistake.

OldPanther

Coach
No to Cartwright, no to Fittler, no to Johns.... we can't criticize Gould for taking on Griffin despite his track record and then jump directly into the same mistake.

So who? We can't sack the coach without another option. Moylan to captain coach? Aka wing it.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Toovey maybe. Those brothers from Queensland. Brennan.

I wouldn't bother sacking him right now - the season is gone. I would be actively looking for his replacement though for the end of the season.

betcats

Referee
Toovey maybe. Those brothers from Queensland. Brennan.

I wouldn't bother sacking him right now - the season is gone. I would be actively looking for his replacement though for the end of the season.

I'd sack him just to see if we can get a win or two off the back of it. Also gives a chance to see what Brennan has got, if only for a few weeks.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Whether we finish 5th or 9th, Gould won't get rid of him now after the 7 match winning streak and blooding of several youngsters. A better coach quite probably gets this team into the top 4 but by Penrith's historical standards, winning over 50% which he has managed to do both seasons, is considered decent. This is part of the problem and what separates the Storm's and the Broncos from the majority of clubs.

pantherz9103

First Grade
If we miss the 8, he could still try and claim we were unlucky, because it's very rare to finish on 30 points and with a 13-11 W/L record and miss the 8 these days. This year that looks set to change, making the 9th placed team quite unfortunate.

Griffin has a good winning percentage by Penrith's historical standards with 28 wins from 49 games a better win rate than what most of our coaches have delivered over the years. Gould might look at that and say Griffin's doing ok.

Basically what I'm saying is even though he probably should be, Griffin won't be fired.

TheFrog

Coach
Griffin has a good winning percentage by Penrith's historical standards with 28 wins from 49 games a better win rate than what most of our coaches have delivered over the years. Gould might look at that and say Griffin's doing ok.
Not an unreasonable approach I'd suggest.

BUT the club should conduct a debrief into the season and identify all the things that could have been done better. There are quite a few. Although the team is as fit as any in the comp, they weren't ready at the start. They need to have a better start next year, and by this time next year we might be a genuine contender.

Latest posts