What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin 'Doesn't Care'

Fangs

Coach
Have seen this mentioned on the forum quite a few times now. 'Oh wahhhh he said this he doesn't give a f**k'.

But does any one here actually believe it?

He keeps a straight face in the box (most of the time). Very casual and non-nonchalant when addressing the media. I feel like he models his style on Wayne Bennett.

Mount me a case to show our first grade coach doesn't give a hoot about our performances this season.

betcats

Referee
but I would love to see him go all Bellamy from time to time.

After half time ends Matty Molyan comes back from the sheds missing an ear.

He must of given them a spray or two by now, we have been that diabolical especially in the first half of games. The problem is even last year we were very slow starters but could keep in the game so once we got going we were still a shot. This year we are just getting blown away in the first half, by time we start playing the game is over and we likely only get into because mentally the other team has switched off.

He can't get a team ready to go from kick off. Tactically he has been completely exposed this season. He has coached us to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league despite that being a focus of his. Offensively we are either ugly or boring(or both) to watch unless we play Newcastle. He wont drop underperforming players. We have the worst completion rate and discipline in the league and we actually look soft, slow and unfit. He just isn't up to it, not by any stretch of the imagination.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
    "her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"
  2. 2.
    a person regarded as having no substance or integrity.
    "a photogenic straw man gets inserted into office and advisers dictate policy"

ACTPanthers

Bench
How can we know for sure? Kind of a silly question if you ask me - From an outsider point of view, it really does seem as though he couldn't give a rats arse about results - Maybe it's that he knows he's job is secure so as long as the boys "try" he's happy - I just think the whole "we're learning a lot from these losses" shit is getting old and is nothing but an excuse...

But, as to whether or not he actually cares... You'd probably have to ask him

MrBlack

Juniors
It's not about care factor. Of coarse he cares - it is his job and reputation on the line here.

The issue may be his ability to motivate the players (and poor game strategies)

BxTom

Bench
FFS, are his eyes too close together too? All of you arm chair experts passing judgement because he doesn't seem to show emotion. Are all stupid enough to think he doesn't care? His job and his wage depends upon it - of course he cares. Most of the crap on here boils down to the fact that he hasn't put a guernsey with the number 6 on the back of a woefully out of form Moylan. We are all jumping at rumours - none of us knows for sure the problem(s). The season has been crap so far and it looks like it's going to be a loooooong season. Creating extra posts like this doesn't help.

Tom.

betcats

Referee
FFS, are his eyes too close together too? All of you arm chair experts passing judgement because he doesn't seem to show emotion. Are all stupid enough to think he doesn't care? His job and his wage depends upon it - of course he cares. Most of the crap on here boils down to the fact that he hasn't put a guernsey with the number 6 on the back of a woefully out of form Moylan. We are all jumping at rumours - none of us knows for sure the problem(s). The season has been crap so far and it looks like it's going to be a loooooong season. Creating extra posts like this doesn't help.

Tom.

We are 2/9 ffs. It does not just boil down to the fact that Moylan isn't in the 6. It boils down to the fact that he has a great squad playing f**king woeful football. I could care less how he acts in the media, but its a pretty much a fact that we are a worse team in every way. He hasn't improved us at all, we are getting worse as the season goes on. We missed 30 tackles in a half against the broncos. 12-2, 12-0 and 18-0 are our last 3 halftime scores.

If the bloke acts casual and unfazed after losing 4 and 5 games in a row then of course fans are question going his attitude, not everyone is a head in the sand bleeding heart like some. The whole f**king team looks like they don't give a f**k imo, attitude reflects leadership. But like I said it doesn't matter whether he cares or not, what matters is that he is a terrible coach.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
FFS, are his eyes too close together too? All of you arm chair experts passing judgement because he doesn't seem to show emotion. Are all stupid enough to think he doesn't care?

Who are you shouting at here? The threadstarter AGREES with you. No-one else in this thread has stated that the reason they don't like Griffin is simply because he doesn't seem to care. You are basically an old man shouting at a cloud here.

BxTom

Bench
Who are you shouting at here? The threadstarter AGREES with you. No-one else in this thread has stated that the reason they don't like Griffin is simply because he doesn't seem to care. You are basically an old man shouting at a cloud here.

Because the thread was started in answer to other threads where it was stated that Griffin did not care. Get off your cloud and learn to read.

Tom.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Because the thread was started in answer to other threads where it was stated that Griffin did not care. Get off your cloud and learn to read.

Tom.

And it is a total f**king misdirection, because there is no-one who wants Griffin booted simply because he doesn't care. The thread starter just wants to pretend there is to make a defense of him easier (it's impossible to prove he doesn't care, but it is not impossible to prove that our defense sucks, our kicking game sucks, our team selections suck....) And you've jumped in on the f**king ridiculous non-argument as if it matters. As i said, old man shouting out a cloud.

I promise to learn to read if you promise to learn to think.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Does his job and wage depend on the results though? I mean, he seems pretty safe in his role, especially since there's talk of a contract extension from the club... Being Gus's best mate, he'd be pretty safe imo

age.s

First Grade
Of course he cares. Whether he cares because he wants nothing more than success, loves the club or just want to keep his job, I'm sure he's doing his best.

The real question is, do I care if he cares? If his best isn't good enough it isn't good enough.

Munted

Bench
'Care' is not enough of a reason to employ somebody, results matter. NRL is a results orientated business.
If the results aren't there, you at least look for effort.

The reality is...some people are purely incapable. Thats life. I've let go of staff who TALK about how hard they want to try, and they TRY in their eyes but its not at an acceptable level for the business/club to succeed.

The effort isn't there (to my eyes) from the playing group and that's ultimately a reflection of the team and the leader(s) Griffin has instilled.

Moylan isn't pumping these pricks up on the field, Griffin isn't doing it during the week and before a game.

Honestly, i'm not blown away by the position we are in. However, would the Storm and Bellamy stand for this rubbish?
Yes they have been blessed with once in a lifetime players so the team has always performed...but Ingliss has gone, Billy has been in and out for 2 years and Smith and Cronk are aging yet the people bought in around them go up another level.
That has to be put down to the entire system put in place.
No abortions, nobody porking somebodies Mrs, no overpaid merkin front rowers.

Anyway, we all know what we want.
A win, something positive.

Frankus

Juniors
At least Griffin isn't seen smiling after just getting a complete pasting. Unlike our captain and half the players on the field. You just lost a game in embarrassing fashion and you overpaid hype jobs are smiling, hugging and singing kumbaya with the opposition.

Wallace at least shows passion. The look on his face addressing the troops after Brisbane had scored their umpteenth try was as if he was accusing one of them for porking his missus.

I'll get my coat...

Fangs

Coach
straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
    "her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"
  2. 2.
    a person regarded as having no substance or integrity.
    "a photogenic straw man gets inserted into office and advisers dictate policy"

Zzzzzzz