What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin feeling the heat?

POPEYE

Coach
Been a Hook advocate since his first appearance and still think he's partly a victim not of his own doing . . . Penrith strike me as a hot rod with too much bling and a lousy suspension

That said for whatever reason he could become the next Matty Elliott

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Mansour is missed. A quality winger in the modern game is very important to a team. Mansour got the team big hard metres at the start of the set, usually because Moylan handed it off to him rather than get dirty himself.

Moylan is a dead set pussy cat who doesn't like getting tackled. His 19 year old half back has to make all the attacking decisions why he sits back and does f**k all. How this guy is compared to Lockyer or in the SoO team is a f**king mystery.

Griffin needs to take the wrap for playing Cartwrong at 6. This turnstile is like moylan, a forward who doesn't like doing the hard stuff and so plays at 6 al though hes not a playmaker. He can throw a brilliant offload but throws 6 shit ones for every good one.

Cleary is only 19 but is expected to run the show. Wallace puts in every week.

Tamou is the biggest pretender in rugby league. Basically 6 foot 6 of dogshit.

Merrin is fat and uninterested.

Their young forwards are talented but with two 'leaders' like tamou and merrin doing f**k all you're going to get dominated.

Their seems to be a privileged few in the Panthers team who can week in week out play like pussies and not have their spot in the team questioned.

Canard

Immortal
I'm not prepared to write them off so early.

I can see this thread being bumped come Round 26.

Remember when Paul McGregor was a dud and the Saints couldn't play.

mongoose

Coach
I think the biggest prblem there is there are too many chiefs & not enough Indians.

Cleary, Moylan, Martin/Cartwright, Merrin, Wallace, Peachey etc all seem to be fighting for the ball and no one is tucking the ball under their arm and running hard at the line. Too much sideways stuff.

Much better last year when Cleary was the single focal point and dominant half.

totally this. Too many players trying to do a miracle play every set.

I wouldn't be surprised if its Gus who's influencing Griifin's ineffective coaching style.

Vozzy

Juniors
It's there experienced players that have been really poor tamou and Merrin.

Also since being dropped players like Moylan haven't responded in terms of I let my team mates down and cost them the game against souths. He looks salty from being dropped.

Exsilium

First Grade

Penrith have traditionally been a fast finishing team. It was always going to be a hard slog to get these guys to gel in the early rounds. I don't see us in the finals but I do think we will string some good wins together.

We've been let down by Tamou and Merrin. Would like to see them bounce back and lead the team better.

RE Moylan - My thoughts are well known. He's a plodder at fullback but would be a great six. Wont move there so we may as well let him go and put Hiku/DWZ/Edwards at fullback. He is a pissweak leader and a garbage fullback.

Cleary needs to be the sole conductor of play. He is level headed and just needs someone to compliment him. TMM wants to run the ball, which is fine but Moylan handles the ball almost every tackle of every set in attack but doesnt do anything in defence. Take him out of the side and on the face of it, the team is better balanced.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A mystery to you, unsurprisingly. Some people know more about the game than you, face up to it.
I'm sorry, I forgot you were Pussycat's boyfriend.

The only thing moylan and Lockyer have in common is the number one jersey and the receding hairline.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I bet you'd have him in your side in a heartbeat.
No thanks.

Wighton does some dumb stuff but he's got more ticker than moylan will ever have.

If moylan had the stones to play 5/8 he'd probably be better than Austin but again, Austin isn't afraid of putting his body on the line.

I'd take cleary in a heartbeat though.

mxlegend99

Referee
No thanks.

Wighton does some dumb stuff but he's got more ticker than moylan will ever have.

If moylan had the stones to play 5/8 he'd probably be better than Austin but again, Austin isn't afraid of putting his body on the line.

I'd take cleary in a heartbeat though.
Moylan would happily play 5/8th. The coach just wont pick him there.

He played there in Origin and did well. It's his only chance at having a decent rep career. Griffin just refuses to try it because everyone thinks he should.

Honestly I would rather lose Moylan than have him at fullback. Hes shitvin the fullback duties. But he gets by due to his incredible playmaking skills.

Hes the worst fullback in the competition. Yet i would argue he is more talented than them all. Those talents just arent as a fullback. So they count for shit.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
They are In big trouble atm. Defence is poor, their forwards are soft and their attack is incoherent. Its going to be hard to turn it all around.
Didn't griffin bring his own people in this year? I know last year he had to work with Cleary's left overs.
Maybe thats another issue the tinkerings he did in the off season has backfired.

Griffin sacked Tony Guilfoyle while at the Bronco's and now I believe the pair are reunited at the Panthers.

Paullyboy

Coach
I fell hook, line and sinker for the Panthers hype. I've been tipping them and backing them in multi's pretty much every week - convinced they'd come good.

The reality is their squad just isn't that good. It's definitely good enough to cause headaches on the odd day when it all clicks, but it's just not the top 4 team I thought it'd be.

You're asking me to remember something that's currently happening. The Dragons had the most incredibly soft schedule in history to start the season - culminating in a game against a Thurston-less Cows.They'll fall apart when they play some decent teams.

betcats

Referee
Griffin has no f**king idea. Our forwards are getting owned every week and he refuses to make any changes to the middle rotation.

Generalzod

Immortal
ok then

teams considered "premiership favourites", over the last three months:

Roosters
Storm
Sharks
Broncos
Canberra
Panthers

somebody has probably said Cowboys and Warriors was well
The Sharks really the journos had the team not even making the 8.

chrisD

Coach
RCG and Tamou are not starting NRL prop quality (unless one of them is paired with the best prop in the world) and we've invested in them long term. Hook will come and go but the next coach having the balls to try and replace them is unlikely, so basically we're f**ked for the next few years.

Mansour will paper over the cracks and could possibly pull us to somewhere respectable but we are not going to be a genuine threat the next few years with those two as our spearheads in the middle.

There is always the hope of injury however, same as how injury in the front row changed our 2016 season.

Latest posts