What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin

tripster

Juniors
I must say I am completely f**king sick of the Griffin rumours and the made up pressure in the media on him.

Look at the facts:

- He is contracted until the end of 2020 after being extended last year. Gus and the board are not idiots. They know him and observe his performances more closely than we do and are clearly happy with him.

- we have made the finals both seasons. Last season we did it after a terrible start to the season, but he managed to turn things around mid season and we got there in the end and won the first final against Manly. If play isn’t halted when Oates is knocked out then we score and probably go on to beat Brisbane.

- we will make the finals again this season, possibly in the top 4. We have managed that despite an injury crisis. We have put in only one truly awful performance so far this season against Manly.

- the season we have beaten the Dragons and Rabbitohs, two teams who are ahead of us on the ladder and you’d back us to beat them in a final if we played them. Our victory against the Dragons was one of the best performances I have seen from a Panthers side in a long time.

- Our forwards are ferocious and our defence is outstanding.

- Everyone who has played under his tenure has improved as a player. He has excelled at developing young players into quality first graders. Those who didn’t improve were moved on.

- Players are renewing contracts and signing long term deals with him as coach.

Honestly if I was Gus, Griffin or any player who is asked about Griffin being under pressure I would respond far less diplomatically then they have done to date.

I’d be saying that it is complete shit made up by ignorant journalists who lack any kind of integrity or concern about the truth.

Last edited:
Ciraldo developed him.

Luai was fantastic but Hook will put a leash on him. He has a safety first mentality.

Bloody hell, he better not. A player like that gets lost when you try and take away his natural talent.

I’ve often wondered if Hook is the reason for Cleary’s continual use of the bomb on tackle 5 though, I remember when Cleary debuted in 2016 he was a bit more adventurous with his kicks. Remember that low cross field kick to Peachey I think?

Bloody hell, he better not. A player like that gets lost when you try and take away his natural talent.

I’ve often wondered if Hook is the reason for Cleary’s continual use of the bomb on tackle 5 though, I remember when Cleary debuted in 2016 he was a bit more adventurous with his kicks. Remember that low cross field kick to Peachey I think?
Hook is very good on the defensive side but he has f**k all idea about attack and the halves. Remember when he made Barba put on 10kgs?

I must say I am completely f**king sick of the Griffin rumours and the made up pressure in the media on him.

Look at the facts:

- He is contracted until the end of 2020 after being extended last year. Gus and the board are not idiots. They know him and observe his performances more closely than we do and are clearly happy with him.

- we have made the finals both seasons. Last season we did it after a terrible start to the season, but he managed to turn things around mid season and we got there in the end and won the first final against Manly. If player isn’t halted when Oates is knocked out then we score and probably go on to beat Brisbane.

- we will make the finals again this season, possibly in the top 4. We have managed that despite an injury crisis. We have put in only one truly awful performance so far this season against Manly.

- the season we have beaten the Dragons and Rabbitohs, two teams who are ahead of us on the ladder and you’d back us to beat them in a final if we played them. Our victory against the Dragons was one of the best performances I have seen from a Panthers side in a long time.

- Everyone who has played under his tenure has improved as a player. He has excelled at developing young players into quality first graders. Those who didn’t improve were moved on.

Honestly if I was Gus, Griffin or any player who is asked about Griffin being under pressure I would respond fair less diplomatically then we have done to date.

I’d be saying that it is complete shit made up by ignorant journalists who lack any kind of integrity or concern about the truth.

The issue with Hook, and it’s always been the issue, is he doesn’t coach attack. No idea on set plays.

He’s done good stuff, don’t get me wrong. The team is far more composed than it once was. But to me there a serious doubts on wether we can go to the next level with Hook as coach. Finals this year will be telling.

Look at the facts:

- we have made the finals both seasons. Last season we did it after a terrible start to the season, but he managed to turn things around mid season and we got there in the end and won the first final against Manly. If player isn’t halted when Oates is knocked out then we score and probably go on to beat Brisbane.

Honestly if I was Gus, Griffin or any player who is asked about Griffin being under pressure I would respond fair less diplomatically then we have done to date.

Actually two terrible performances, the game against the Sydney Roosters.

He’s done good stuff, don’t get me wrong. The team is far more composed than it once was. But to me there a serious doubts on wether we can go to the next level with Hook as coach. Finals this year will be telling.[/QUOTE]
The issue with Hook, and it’s always been the issue, is he doesn’t coach attack. No idea on set plays.

That is why it is imperative that Greg Alexander is on the coaching staff, as Brandy can take care of that.

OldPanther

Coach

Look at the facts:

Still running with it...give up mate!

I hope they continue. We seem to play better when the media pile on.

BxTom

Bench

Look at the facts:

The story in the link will give some background as to why these shit stories keep appearing here (courtesy of a poster on here that I strongly believe is Rothfield posing as a supporter*)

*Once I do some more research I will name and shame if possible.

Tom.

soc123_au

Staff member
The story in the link will give some background as to why these shit stories keep appearing here (courtesy of a poster on here that I strongly believe is Rothfield posing as a supporter*)

Tom.
Rhyno?

OldPanther

Coach

Tom.

So you think Rothfield is trying to get Griffin fired or stir up drama with Gus?

Latest posts