What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Information on Rugby League in Hawai'i

ALoha_Hawai'i

Juniors
Aloha
hey

Great website and forums

Next April I will be going to hawai'i, and just wanted to please know if anyone had any information on the development of league in the islands. I heard back before that the AMNRL was going to do development there, but I haven't heard anything or any new info.

Relatives I have say that rugby union is the only form there being played - in some schools and with a few clubs situated, the biggest being the 'hawai'i harlequins'(being established for around 40 years) holding a small international tournament every year that attracts clubs from other countries. With hawai'i's main sports being water orientated such as surfing and its official state sport canoe paddling, League could really take off, (especially if the success of the Warriors was showcased) with its only competitors being other sports such as baseball, american football, and of course rugby union.

any information or contact details would be great

:D thank you for your time
mahalo

roopy

Referee
Hi,
The only information I have is from this old website that hasn't been updated for years.

It gives a name, Mike Evergin, as the man who was trying to organise League in Hawaii, so he might be the man you need to track down. Maybe someone at the American National Rugby League could help.

http://wanrl.tripod.com/

I just going to move this thread over to the American section of the message board, where it might get a few more hits.