What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on our new sponsor?

Gronk

Staff member
Politis’s Midas touch

Sydney Roosters chairman Nick Politis doesn’t have much to worry about as this Sunday’s NRL grand final approaches. His team finished the season second last.

f34b2ad7bf6306b7a9cda67123c8e24f

Sydney Roosters chairman Nick Politis.

Presently, Politis is with family and friends in Greece — just the spot to renew the Midas touch, which in the property field and car dealership world has made him an almost billionaire, with a fortune last valued at $879m.

Most recently, Politis has quietly offloaded a Parramatta site that can accommodate a huge apartment tower — another one to be served by NSW Premier Mike Baird’s mighty infrastructure rollout.

The sale of Politis’s Thompson Ford site and an attached property to residential developer Dyldam was struck a couple of months ago for between $60m and $70m.

The deal might almost have given Dyldam a reason to stay in place as major sponsor of the troubled Parramatta Eels — despite their apparent trouble meeting their commitments this season.

Lucky for Nick, who’d be loath to help a rival, after a well-canvassed feud Dyldam is on the way out as a sponsor of the western Sydney club.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...e/news-story/7cda6b6b1a3a7b201093d3981a9db9b8

Avenger

Immortal
New sponsor, new jerseys. It's all very exciting.

PS Happy to finally see the end of season 2016. Looking forward to summer.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I hear that our future major sponsor could be none other than our own leagues club... anyone else heard this?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it always was our main sponsor. Its always been our cash cow.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I mentioned this as a good idea a few weeks ago. Why not get some publicity and potential punters through the door for the funds poured into the club.

Gronk

Staff member
Makes sense. The bean counter would be asking why the LC puts in (say) $4M a year, yet gets no return.

BUT, they lose the naming rights exposure that an independent sponsor gets. So unlike the Nike Eels, we can't really be called the Parramatta Leagues Club Eels.

Captain BF

Juniors
It has been reported that Mad Max has decided to cut the grant from the Leagues Club to the football club, perhaps instead of the grant, the Leagues Club could be the Major Sponsor and be on the chest of the jersey. Would the sponsorship also entitle a tax break of some kind?
Stagger, perhaps someone at the club reads the forum?

Forty20

First Grade
I acknowledge that it would mean that we lose an income stream from the major naming rights but I have always vehemently hated hearing announcers declares us the Pirtek Parramatta Eels or the Dyldam Parramatta Eels.

Let Tooheys be the official drink of the Eels or Arab Bank be the official bank of the Eels but whenever our name is officially invoked I would by far and away prefer it simply be the Parramatta Eels.

emjaycee

Coach
Do other clubs get called by their sponsor names by their home ground announcers and club website and member emails?

Chipmunk

Coach
I acknowledge that it would mean that we lose an income stream from the major naming rights but I have always vehemently hated hearing announcers declares us the Pirtek Parramatta Eels or the Dyldam Parramatta Eels.

Let Tooheys be the official drink of the Eels or Arab Bank be the official bank of the Eels but whenever our name is officially invoked I would by far and away prefer it simply be the Parramatta Eels.

So you'd be happy to say turnover $1 million less a year to be called just Parramatta Eels instead of say Optus Parramatta Eels?

strider

Post Whore
People already associate the rugby league Parramatta Eels with the Parramatta Leagues Club ... I dont really see how much extra exposure it will give

just seems like giving up the opportunity to bring onboard more decent $s if you ask me

Are we perhaps not able to find a sponsor offering enough?

Latest posts