What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on our new sponsor?

forward pass

Coach
If the Eels are such a strong brand, as Bernie keeps telling us, why are we having so much trouble getting a decent sponsor? These articles keep coming out because we actually can't gain that sponsor.
The club is at a loss as to why we can't so they are putting it out in the media to try and gain some traction. It's pretty sad tbh that we can't garner enough interest even in a moderately well known sponsor.

Either the club exec's aren't doing their job properly, or no one wants to touch us at the moment.
Don't worry though. When we get back to the new Pirtek, I've no doubt that the corporate world will jump on board.

I am certain there are plenty of corporations keen to get their name on our jersey. But, clearly the club has valued it higher then anyone wants to pay because of the reasons Bernie is stating. He believes our jersey is worth more than the Panthers, Bulldogs, Giants or Wanderers - and I think he is absolutely right.

I think we are not having any trouble getting a sponsor - just one willing to pay the correct value of our brand.

Gronk

Staff member
If the Eels are such a strong brand, as Bernie keeps telling us, why are we having so much trouble getting a decent sponsor? These articles keep coming out because we actually can't gain that sponsor.
The club is at a loss as to why we can't so they are putting it out in the media to try and gain some traction. It's pretty sad tbh that we can't garner enough interest even in a moderately well known sponsor.

Either the club exec's aren't doing their job properly, or no one wants to touch us at the moment.
Don't worry though. When we get back to the new Pirtek, I've no doubt that the corporate world will jump on board.
I don't buy that they are not doing their job. We have just come out of a corporate nightmare, up there with Garibaldi's salami salmonella, Dreamworld white water ride deaths and Bega Cheese CEO locked up for being a paedophile.

It's going to take time to rebuild our brand and give big deal corporations confidence that it's safe to get involved.

In the meantime, we're not broke so it's wise to hold out and secure a sponsor who fits who we are and who we want to be.

Gronk

Staff member
was the bega cheese ceo a paedophile? .... learn something new every day

Yep. In their corporate damage control and brand re-building process I note last week that they bought back Vegemite from foreign hands.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I am certain there are plenty of corporations keen to get their name on our jersey. But, clearly the club has valued it higher then anyone wants to pay because of the reasons Bernie is stating. He believes our jersey is worth more than the Panthers, Bulldogs, Giants or Wanderers - and I think he is absolutely right.

I think we are not having any trouble getting a sponsor - just one willing to pay the correct value of our brand.
spot on and this is what he has said

phantom eel

First Grade
Having one jersey with sleeve stripes and one without looks a but weird imo, unless the sleeve sponsor stickons were on a different colour background.

Johnny88

Juniors
We had that sponsor at the nines as Guth shows in pic. Guess they signed on for more then the 9's.

Avenger

Immortal
Samsung? They need a leg up. Had an awful year with their phones blowing up. A bit like our 2016.