What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on signings / departures for next season?

BrotherJim05

Bench
What I want to understand is what in the actual f**k we are going to do next year with Halutau, Robbie and Cherrington all likely gone?

Ballin and Liddle seems like a good combo but Liddle is very raw and Ballin has an ongoing injury problem. We will need a new hooker and with the money we will be paying from Farah's contract + the new Hooker's contract we will be in a worse position salary cap wise

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
CHerrington at the Sharks behind that pack. He'll be world class in no time.

Makes alienating Farah so f**king stupid. I knew we'd lose Cherrington back at the start of the year when this f**ked mind game of Taylor's saw him waste a shit tonne of money on a bloke who has played 84 minutes in about 12 months.

And when I say shit tonne, I mean anything that earns him more than 10 grand a minute in the last 12 months.

Farah has to be retained, purely just for a back up hooker more than anything. Ballin won't last very long, injries or not. Cherrington was vital. He should have been re-signed instead of Ballin.

We could very well have a starting hooker next year who has played just 1 NRL game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
CHerrington at the Sharks behind that pack. He'll be world class in no time.

Makes alienating Farah so f**king stupid. I knew we'd lose Cherrington back at the start of the year when this f**ked mind game of Taylor's saw him waste a shit tonne of money on a bloke who has played 84 minutes in about 12 months.

And when I say shit tonne, I mean anything that earns him more than 10 grand a minute in the last 12 months.

Farah has to be retained, purely just for a back up hooker more than anything. Ballin won't last very long, injries or not. Cherrington was vital. He should have been re-signed instead of Ballin.

We could very well have a starting hooker next year who has played just 1 NRL game.

Yeah it seems very confusing now doesn't it. Surely we can't bank on Ballin, a 32 year old who's had 2 ACLs in a year to be good for the year. And no way Liddle will be ready for a full season of NRL.

I wonder if we might look to sign a guy like Cameron King. At least some dude who could play there

GW.

Juniors
GW here,

Just thought I'd share.

I have been reiably told that Tigers have offered Chris Heighington a modest one year deal of around 100k that Chris had rejected.

They have since upped their offer to 175 Chris is 50/50, hoping to get it to 200.

GW.

Juniors
Just to add,
The UK deal he has upposedly done wa about 240k aussie so thats a big factor in his hesitance.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Just to add,
The UK deal he has upposedly done wa about 240k aussie so thats a big factor in his hesitance.

Cost of living though in England is around twice as much as here though. I fondly recall the good old vegemite cost comparison.

Reactions: GW.

GW.

Juniors
i think the Tigers are simply lowballing decent players who are finding themselves on the outer.

Thats my read on it.

I know they have done the same t Goodwin from souths, and a few others, i never thought to ask who.

BrotherJim05

Bench
GW here,

Just thought I'd share.

I have been reiably told that Tigers have offered Chris Heighington a modest one year deal of around 100k that Chris had rejected.

They have since upped their offer to 175 Chris is 50/50, hoping to get it to 200.

Why are we chasing a 34 year old...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We aren't chasing Hino. There's been somewhat of an expectation that he would retire at seasons end. From what I've heard, no one has been showing an interest in the club.

I don't know that many signings will be made for next year. One could assume that everyone here and elsewhere is waiting to see what happens with Taylor.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just to add,
Leeds never tabled an offer. They wanted to know if Farah was at all interested. The answer was a resounding no. Hence why they chased Segeyaro.

Segeyaro, from what I've been told, wants to be back in Sydney and the NRL, hence why he only signed a deal for 2016. Leeds seem keen to keep him next year as they gave up on Farah. But they would love to have him.

BrotherJim05

Bench
He's one tough cookie, he would be good for us, cheap as well...while Liddle develops

Yes yes and yes. Cook would be a perfect fit with us. We could have Ballin/Cook combo while we develop Liddle then transition to Cook/Liddle. Both are young enough to mould exactly to the playing style that suits Brooks, Moses and Teddy.

I've always rated Cook. He is a hard nut and will only get harder

Caught on MMM the other night that Mead and Hoffman have been told by the Titans to look elsewhere for 2017. Mead will probably want a fullback gig, so I doubt we can get him but Hoffman may be worth a look. Naiqama is a disaster in defence, so it may be worth getting Hoffman to slot in at right centre and putting Kev on the wing in place of Rankin.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hoffman is a bloody good winger. I take him at put him at left wing for sure. He can play that position with the caveat that he will play fullback when Teddy is playing Origin

phatnonphatness

Juniors
I like that idea. I've always thought that Hoffman could be the best winger in the league but he's had his heart set on playing fullback. Average fullback but one hell of a winger.