What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any updates on Jason Cayless ?

T

Juniors
JASON CAYLESS SIGNS FOR TWO YEARS

Wednesday, 14 October 2009
Wests Tigers is pleased to announce the significant signing of representative prop Jason Cayless for seasons 2010 and 2011.
Cayless will renew his career in the NRL following four successful years with St Helens. During this time, Cayless enjoyed English Super League premiership and Challenge Cup success.
A former NRL premiership winning front-rower and Kiwi international, Cayless will add plenty of muscle to an already strong Wests Tigers forward pack.
Cayless previously played in the NRL with the Sydney Roosters and Parramatta Eels.
“It is great to be back in Australia playing in the NRL competition with a club heading in the right direction such as the Wests Tigers,’’ Cayless said.
“I can’t wait to play with the likes of Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah, Gareth Ellis and the boys under an excellent coach in Tim Sheens.”
Sheens said Cayless was a quality signing for the club.
“Jason will add a lot of depth and experience to the pack and will provide invaluable leadership to the strong crop of exciting young forwards coming through the ranks at Wests Tigers,’’ he said.
Jason Cayless
DOB: 15/1/1980
Height: 194cm
Weight: 108kg
Position: Prop
Career
2000-2002: Parramatta Eels, 24 matches.
2002-2005: Sydney Roosters, 83 matches
2006-2009: St Helens, 61 matches
Total: 168 matches, 11 tries, 44 points.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/defau...ay&id=20782&jason-cayless-signs-for-two-years

beads6

First Grade
I'd say he always wanted to head back to Sydney so the Broncos never stood a chance.

Buck

Juniors
No great loss in my opion. Our young and up and coming props should get plenty of NRL expirence which will be invaluable down the track.

Dazzat

First Grade
As opposed to an injury prone prop at the end of his career :roll:

Scott Prince was 'injury-prone' when he went to the Wests Tigers and won them a premiership.

And when do props play their best, most consistent football ... after their 25th birthday. We currently have Clinton and Kenny in that category and that's about it. Anyone who thinks a bunch of 19-20 year olds props is gunna step up in 2010 and lead the charge ... well nuff said.

On the other hand Civ was hardly injury prone ... but spent half the year on the sideline.

Sports injury is a lottery and history doesn't necessarily indicate what's going to happen in the future.

Unless Cullen has a rabbit to pull out of his hat, our forwards depth next year will be very shallow.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Can't say I was ever a huge fan of going after Cayless, but yeah, the cupboard is really looking bare 4 2010 up front 4 the Broncs. I think Dave Taylors' late season impact really gave us a new dimension post origin and sadly that will be missing next year but our ORIGIN COMMITMENTS wont !
I have a nasty feeling Bruno Cullen has led us to the HURT LOCKER in 2010. :shock:

Dazzat

First Grade
Heck, we've even let Sweeney and Ah Mau go ...

Andrew Gee has left - gone to Wynnum Manly, Shane Webke has cut ties ... the place is full of ex-halfbacks, and to my knowledge there's not even a front-row mentor around the camp ... do we think that having Lazarus, Webke and Civ at the club that we've had our day for classy front rowers?

Sims is a second rower in my opinion - only good in short bursts.

Yes 2010 will be very interesting.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Espescially in and around State of Origin time. 2010 will be watershed. Big call but I believe it may be our thinnest squad 4 real quality in our history. If some of our VERY GOOD players don't go to GREAT Locky, Hodgo and Izzy will cop it big time in the media. Cmon Broncos