What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone in the know:Carney

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He might have a case for being sacked incorrectly but he still deserved to be sacked.
The untold amount of bad press that was heaped on the club from that pic meant the club had one option.
But we won, Carney has nothing on dank...that is the stain, Carney was and remains a scapegoat.....blokes who beat up women, indecency assault, no issue, blokes who have bad taste, party..,the ones to ban......

But whatever...... S H A R K S won......Manly fans can suck my dick

Feej

First Grade
I'll be happy to spot him a couple of bucks when he's asking around in Belmore park in about 10 years time.

Ads

First Grade
No there is no chance he was on a last warning. If he was , the club would have released the information & it would not be heading to court. AS for public figure standards, that is a load of rubbish. It is only used to suit the clubs needs. Plenty of players havent been sacked for things far worse than Carney indiscretions.

He was never given a written warning and didn't receive proper process with his sacking (straight from the horses mouth). The club f**ked up. He was and still is a pisshead but that doesn't excuse Noyce and co of royally f**king up a process that every club has to follow.

Eion

First Grade
He was never given a written warning and didn't receive proper process with his sacking (straight from the horses mouth). The club f**ked up. He was and still is a pisshead but that doesn't excuse Noyce and co of royally f**king up a process that every club has to follow.

No one disputes that proper process was not followed, but some don't seem willing to look at why it wasn't followed. This all comes down to dollars. How much would you like to see Todd get?

Ads

First Grade
No one disputes that proper process was not followed, but some don't seem willing to look at why it wasn't followed. This all comes down to dollars. How much would you like to see Todd get?
I actually don't care what he gets. If the club did the wrong thing then thats their stupidity. It was not hard to sack him correctly thus saving themselves this drama.

shaggs

Coach
I agree with ads.

It was bad management. If they had given the alco his due process they could have sacked him without an issue.
The nrl wouldn't registered him and the that would be that.

Sacking a bloke on a Sunday was just dumb dumb dumb

No there is no chance he was on a last warning. If he was , the club would have released the information & it would not be heading to court. AS for public figure standards, that is a load of rubbish. It is only used to suit the clubs needs. Plenty of players havent been sacked for things far worse than Carney indiscretions.
Incorrect. About 2 weeks prior to the bubbling incident he was in trouble for bashing someone outside Maccas at the mall and the club pretty much covered it up.

Eion

First Grade
I actually don't care what he gets. If the club did the wrong thing then thats their stupidity. It was not hard to sack him correctly thus saving themselves this drama.
If it was their stupidly, then it still shouldn't mean toddles gets 2.7m because of it. That's the point.

I'm ok with Feejs goon bag minus the $50.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Incorrect. About 2 weeks prior to the bubbling incident he was in trouble for bashing someone outside Maccas at the mall and the club pretty much covered it up.

And this is one of reasons i believe Carney will go mediation way, is confidential deal will be done and he gets rubber stamped by NRL to return.

If he goes to court everything comes out, yes Carney may pick up few more dollars if wins case, but his name again will be dragged the the mud, making if more difficult for NRL to allow a return

Snoop Shark

First Grade
My Mrs text me earlier and said she is the hostie for his flight to Bali this arvo.

Hopefully no bubblers on her flight

Ads

First Grade
If it was their stupidly, then it still shouldn't mean toddles gets 2.7m because of it. That's the point.

Well thats a 2.7m f**k up by Noyce and co. Its not a hard process to follow and they were stupid to think they could ignore it.

jc155776

Coach
I wouldn't give a f**k if we had to give him ten million.

We won the Comp.

I saw it.

Worth every penny.

Latest posts