What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

gregstar

Referee
I think a well timed phonecall to Jowls McDoucher would solve your problems.

Quick! Get him whilst he's on another early season winning streak!!!

shadowboxer

First Grade
What would Lyall have done?
Maybe get on the front foot and weigh in privately with the coach and co. I’d hate to think we have taken a step back to the boys club mentality.
Time will tell. As a professional outfit that the club continues to bang on about, Anything less than a top 8 finish is a failure that would need to be addressed

Reactions: Ads

MilkShark

First Grade
Maybe get on the front foot and weigh in privately with the coach and co. I’d hate to think we have taken a step back to the boys club mentality.
Time will tell. As a professional outfit that the club continues to bang on about, Anything less than a top 8 finish is a failure that would need to be addressed
IMO top 8 is a failure, top 4 is the pass mark. I won’t hold my breath, I reckon we will be lucky to make top 8 at all.

It's an "evolved" Flano we are seeing this year. Traditionally he has been reluctant to hand out debuts when "proven" first graders are available- yet he picks Ramien over Gray.
He's traditionally been reluctant to drop or move guys after one or two bad games yet he shifts Val after one game and Gray has been dumped.

I believe there has been a long talk about accountability and errors and the penalty system has changed (why it has taken this long is curious) so watch closely and see the reaction of players making errors- will it be different this week? I would like to think so.

I have concerns about his ability to manage the group. His "captain cranky" persona might have worn thin and is failing to unite the players. Gal looks disinterested, Wade gets promoted to captain and his discipline and involvement plummets. Apparently there was a bust up between players and heated verbals after the Dragons loss and he just stood there and watched it unfold. He deserves credit for his ability to consistently get close to the best out of Fifita but his grip is slipping.

We miss Ennis. We dearly miss Lewis. Whoever was talking about straightening the attack was right, Lewie does so much work there- and we lose so much both in leadership and execution when he is out.

taipan

Referee
The who wants to sack Flanno thread, reminds me of music artists ,every few years ,singing an updated version of the same song ,which was once a huge hit.
The first half against the Dragoons,we played like world beaters,then apparently Flanno played a sh*t game in all positions in the 2nd half.
Put simply we were a bunch of loose gooses in the 2nd half.
Here endeth my unauthorised rant.

RUBIKS

Juniors
It's an "evolved" Flano we are seeing this year. Traditionally he has been reluctant to hand out debuts when "proven" first graders are available- yet he picks Ramien over Gray.
He's traditionally been reluctant to drop or move guys after one or two bad games yet he shifts Val after one game and Gray has been dumped.

I believe there has been a long talk about accountability and errors and the penalty system has changed (why it has taken this long is curious) so watch closely and see the reaction of players making errors- will it be different this week? I would like to think so.
Sounds good to me.

He still put Grey in before Ramien and, more to the point, signed Grey instead of trusting in some of our own talent.

Still I look forward to seeing his evolution

shaggs

Coach
He may have evolved his choice of young guys, but he hasn’t evolved his game plan.

Needs to go at end of season

snout

First Grade
Flanno got lucky.
Maloney and ennis landed in his lap and coached the side to a GF.

Good guy but he really isnt the guy to sort this mess out.

Shades of des hasler at dogs.

Truth is he aint going anywhere....so dig in for more of the same

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ

Stake Removed

First Grade
We should be on the phone to Kev Walters or Paul Green i think Flanno has had his time did great job won us the comp but times a changin

Card Shark

Immortal
We should be on the phone to Kev Walters or Paul Green i think Flanno has had his time did great job won us the comp but times a changin

I can’t knock Flanno, he has some great points.

Thing is, the club needs a change now.

If he was getting the best out of his players, we would be going a lot better than we are.

I think he’s stale...

Ads

First Grade
Stale. Premiership credits run out with me. Reinvent yourself or get out Flanno.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I mentioned this beginning of the season we are following same path as Rabbits when the won in 2014

Rabbits 2014, Sharks 2016, they hadnt won in years it was our first
Rabbits 2015, Sharks 2017 both get knocked out 1st round of playoffs
Rabbits 2016 miss finals Sharks 2018 not looking good
Rabbits 2017 miss finals finally then Maguire goes

I dont wan that path holding onto coach for 3 years after we win with continue slide down ladder, I love Flanno as much as everyone but i feel now we need to make a change, 2017 you could start to see it, this year its right in our face

Ads

First Grade
Never loved Flanno. Always said the only thing that could redeem him after danking us was a premiership. He got that and now he’s taking us backwards fast. No time for resting on past performances I hope. It breeds apathy which we were the kings of.

snout

First Grade
Flanno is very Sticky like.
Very old school.
Maguire as well.
Griffin was the same til gus started coaching the side.
Their teams tough but when things get stale they struggle to see answers. They keep trying the same things for a different result which never comes.

Paul green, Cleary and brown approach it from a smarter place.

Flanno needs help.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Flanno is very Sticky like.
Very old school.
Maguire as well.
Griffin was the same til gus started coaching the side.
Their teams tough but when things get stale they struggle to see answers. They keep trying the same things for a different result which never comes.

Paul green, Cleary and brown approach it from a smarter place.

Flanno needs help.

I think Roosters will make play for Cleary for 2020, go for Ivan as coach and Nathan as half back