What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

sandshark

Bench
We got him for one more season lads. Expect a mini run from the team to get him the top gig for another 3-4 years.

flanno has deconstructed this team.
some bad man management and recruitment.
check doogs out in the shed at HT.
he has the shits. disinterested.
I'd love to know what promises some players have been made and then not gotten.
play too many games you'll get burnt.

shaggs

Coach
He was a man manager and played that squad perfectly in 2016. Got the mean girls to play nice and was helped along greatly by a career season for barba, ennis and Maloney.
Had the guys who knew how to play tough playing tough.

Now this ain’t happening. The toughness is still there. But the game has past by being tough and grinding it out.
Young, fast and explosive. Play what is front. Stay away from over structured set up play. The block for a block is pathetic.

We had two tries disallowed because we weren’t pin point perfect. The refs and rules are so grey in this area that teams have moved away from it and rightly so.
We can score points. When we don’t play this over structured style.

This constant forcing of structure is sucking the energy out of us every time we make a mistake.
If you keep trying the same plays and coming up with nothing then, drop it on the third repeat set. It’s demoralising. It’s energy sapping. You now have to defend and defend hard. We aren’t doing that.

Teams are marching through us and all of a sudden they are on the attack. We are gassed and soft tries are scored through the middle or on the edges where we haven’t had the same team for any stretch in a row.

Today we started well with the footy. Chad looked good. He directed traffic because we were making metres and using offloads etc to cut through. He was kicking off the front door. Then that all stopped.
Even at 12-12, we had the upper hand and should have gone on with it.

Gummyshark

Juniors
Haven't posted here for several years, an avid reader, but have to vent. Not being rude but does anyone know how this club works?
Flanno runs everything, and will be going nowhere. He runs everything including the board and CEO. How do you think Barry Russell got the gig? He's best mates with Flanno. In some instances he doesn't even run recruitment past the board and CEO, eg Josh Morris and Aaron Woods.
He will create his own contract and sign as soon as he sees fit. We are stuck with him and his gang of yes men. Yes he was the coach of a very good football side when we won the GF, but he had in my opinion, the best onfield coach in Ennis who ran the side. Throw in Maloney, Barba and almost all of our forwards in their prime or best form and presto.
I think it would be best for both parties to part ways at the end of 2019, but it won't happen.
I have had the same seat in the ET upper stand for 17 years and won't go to another game whilst he's the coach, that's how strongly I feel about the bloke and his ways.
Not being nasty and he seems like a decent bloke, but he should not be our coach, especially after 2014 ASADA crap. Rant over

shaggs

Coach
Haven't posted here for several years, an avid reader, but have to vent. Not being rude but does anyone know how this club works?
Flanno runs everything, and will be going nowhere. He runs everything including the board and CEO. How do you think Barry Russell got the gig? He's best mates with Flanno. In some instances he doesn't even run recruitment past the board and CEO, eg Josh Morris and Aaron Woods.
He will create his own contract and sign as soon as he sees fit. We are stuck with him and his gang of yes men. Yes he was the coach of a very good football side when we won the GF, but he had in my opinion, the best onfield coach in Ennis who ran the side. Throw in Maloney, Barba and almost all of our forwards in their prime or best form and presto.
I think it would be best for both parties to part ways at the end of 2019, but it won't happen.
I have had the same seat in the ET upper stand for 17 years and won't go to another game whilst he's the coach, that's how strongly I feel about the bloke and his ways.
Not being nasty and he seems like a decent bloke, but he should not be our coach, especially after 2014 ASADA crap. Rant over
It’s f**ked. The club had a boys club in pierce and crew for years with zero success.
It’s happening again. We won’t win another comp until Flanno is gone. Bottom of the 8 each year. Maybe into the second week. Mediocrity is acceptable again. Yay

MilkShark

First Grade
You probably won’t be surprised to hear that flanos “assistant staff” are also there because they’re all mates too, have been since before they got sharks gigs.

1 got a gig and then got the other a gig, and so on.

That’s how it’s run.

No experience or qualifications required.

Card Shark

Immortal
We are like the Rabbits. Had to move a premiership coach on before they rose again.

Not much else changed & look at the result.

I certainly want Flanno to see out his contract, he deserves it.

Oh & another thing he deserves,...the season is not over yet & I think we should pass judgement the day we are eliminated.

sandshark

Bench
If he gets another 3 year deal before the 2019 season starts, I'll be livid. It is always the refs fault these days, never the players or him.
We've lost so many young stars under him because he prefers old legs over potential and I honestly had forgotten about the ASADA crap and think its a cop-out to bring it back up but its been well documented that he knew about it. That kind of guy runs our heartache of a club.

Time for a fresh start.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We are like the Rabbits. Had to move a premiership coach on before they rose again.

Oh & another thing he deserves,...the season is not over yet & I think we should pass judgement the day we are eliminated.

Cardy we totally agree, we have to move on

Stake Removed

First Grade
To replace Flanno i dont want another reject from another club like Hasler, but new blood was thinking John Morris but maybe Ciraldo is the one

sandshark

Bench
To replace Flanno i dont want another reject from another club like Hasler, but new blood was thinking John Morris but maybe Ciraldo is the one
Morris seems a good bloke but is a part of the boys club. Not sure about Ciraldo but we need someone who has no ties to anyone at the club and who has a solid pair between his legs.

txta2

Bench

Definitely has a Michael McGuire stench about it.
But as gummy said ,nothing will or can be done about it even when they hit rock bottom. We are heading there at a rapid speed

Card Shark

Immortal
The greatest challenge will Be next year with so much of the backline gone.

Maybe it’s a good thing with heaps of fresh players.

Another thing that I’d like to point out is Flanno has been instrumental in resurrecting our junior teams, so credit to him on that score.

He’s more than just the first grade coach.

Perhaps that is where is future lies?

sandshark

Bench
And just quietly.. Who are we going to rip into next week?
Must be Graham's turn by now surely.. Always injured and taking French lessons instead of hanging out with the boys!