What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone thinking of going to the WCC?

https://flights.webjet.com.au/Fligh...-20170308&CityFrom=Brisbane&CityTo=Manchester

$1400 return, Etihad Thats for 2 weeks. Cant see myself only going for a week.. Too far to travel for just the weekend or whatever.

I hope we get something concrete soon, maybe the club might put something on? I'm still going to research my own trvel even so.

The club is going to put travel packages on but I reckon you would be better off organising it yourself. Link it up with a snowboarding trip to France or something. Plenty to see and do over there and a lot of the tourist traps are empty at that time of year on account of the weather so you have them to yourself.

Et#1_supporter

Juniors
Im going away for 3 weeks in November/December, so with work getting more than a week in Feb might be difficult.

If anyone is interested, maybe we could line up flights there together, then travelling to Wigan and some pre match festivities, crashing at uk sharks place :) and then everyone leave on their own time thereafter. Club package might be something 2 look at too if that ever happens.

Its gonna be a once in a life time experience so im just gonna do it, f*ck what the missus or anyone says

U.K SHARK

Juniors
if you can, get over for the wcc. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and you can be part of an elite fan base who watched them win a gf and wcc

Vin Fizz

Bench
Allriiiiight. Got approval from the leader of the opposition to go. Yeaah. Probably only a hit and run for me though. Probably a week. The date hasn't been set though right?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Just trying to confirm it but I read it's on 16-17th of Feb but that's a Thur/Fri so I dunno yet. Might ring the club.

$1288 Cathay Pacific return from Heathrow. Probably the best for short layovers etc. Public Transport is pretty good from city to city in Europe. Might bring the missus and do a bit of sight seeing if it's not too shit weather wise. Otherwise I'll head to Amsterdam haha.

NrlVader

Juniors
Looks like game will be in Wigan's home ground.

Manchester.

AVERAGES FOR MANCHESTER IN FEBRUARY

Temperature 4°C
39°F

Low Temperature 2°C
36°F

High Temperature 6°C
43°F

Sunshine Hours 2 hrs
Chance of Sunny Day 8 %
Rainfall 50mm
Rainfall days 20 days
Chance of Rain 63 %
Chance of Cloudy Day 33 %
Chance of Windy Day 33 %
Chance of Fog Day 12%
Chance of Snow Day 13%

LBP6940.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Question from the floor without notice. Are they going to play the game on the same ground that Lewie smashed his shoulder against the hording near the ingoal? He was playing for the Roos. The one that had minimal ingoal depth and about another spare metre till the great wall.

I watched some highlights of the super league last night and one of the wigan blokes slid hard into everything and anything after spectacularly scoring a try.

President Trump

Juniors
I plan to go - time to see Cronulla become World Champions!

Cathay for $1300 return is great value. Malaysian Airlines probably have some good deals on.

bluefox68

Staff member
Looks like game will be in Wigan's home ground.

Manchester.

AVERAGES FOR MANCHESTER IN FEBRUARY

Temperature 4°C
39°F

Low Temperature 2°C
36°F

High Temperature 6°C
43°F

Sunshine Hours 2 hrs
Chance of Sunny Day 8 %
Rainfall 50mm
Rainfall days 20 days
Chance of Rain 63 %
Chance of Cloudy Day 33 %
Chance of Windy Day 33 %
Chance of Fog Day 12%
Chance of Snow Day 13%

LBP6940.jpg

Good for a team that likes to grind...

NrlVader

Juniors
Flying into Manchester would be the easiest option if you are just going for the match, would save time and money taking the train up from London.

Korean Airlines flies into London if going to London first is the choice. Overnight lay over at the 5 star Hyatt and full dinner and breakfast is provided free of charge by the airline on the way there but not on the way back, flies straight to Australia after a short stop.

sandshark

Bench
What are the chances that this game will sell out? (are tickets even on sale yet?)
I want to wait a little before purchasing tickets because I am not sure if I will go yet.
Based in Europe so travel is not a problem.

U.K SHARK

Juniors
Probably depends on the venue. If it's at Wigan, might be an issue but I'd imagine we could get tickets via the club? If it's somewhere like old Trafford we wouldnt need to worry