What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZ Game Day Experience

Curns13

Juniors
Just wanting some advice for this weekend’s game. Is there a pub close to ANZ that lots of Rabbitohs supporters head to? Is there a bit of night life in and around that area? I was thinking of heading into the Souths Leagues Club after the game, will it be full of people or dead? What’s the best way to get from ANZ to the Leagues Club. I’m staying at my cousin’s in Bondi for the night so that seems most convenient. Any other suggestions?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just wanting some advice for this weekend’s game. Is there a pub close to ANZ that lots of Rabbitohs supporters head to? Is there a bit of night life in and around that area? I was thinking of heading into the Souths Leagues Club after the game, will it be full of people or dead? What’s the best way to get from ANZ to the Leagues Club. I’m staying at my cousin’s in Bondi for the night so that seems most convenient. Any other suggestions?
Southsport would know all these answers I reckon!

Probs train to Redfen and walk to Chalmers Street!

I think the Juniors at Kingsford is busier than the Leagues Club and the players I think sometimes go there after the match.

ThingFish

Juniors
We don’t have a leagues club anymore. Shut down in 2013. So Souths juniors at Kingsford is probably your best bet. Pre game “The Brewery” just outside the Station at Olympic Park is the drinking hole but will prob equal Rabbits and Tigers.

The Burrow used to meet at Lidcombe Hotel outside Lidcombe station. Get on their Facebook and ask if they’re getting on it. After the game a lot of fans used to meet at The Wentworth Hotel on Parramatta Rd. Taxi or Uber is your best bet.This was once a Souths pub but I haven’t been there since the 2012 major semi. Drowned our sorrows that night. The Burrow Facebook page will have meet ups.

Pommy

Coach
Don’t drink in the Olympic Park precinct it’s over priced and overrated. The juniors is a bit of a pain in the arse to get to via the train, if it was me I would probably find somewhere on George Street to have a few drinks and the get the train from Town Hall and go straight to the stadium.
The match day experience at ANZ isn’t anything to shout about so I would just plan on getting there with about 20 minutes to spare watch the game and then get out again.
I have often meant to go to the lidcome hotel but have never actually got around to it so can’t advice if it’s any good or not.

Curns13

Juniors
We don’t have a leagues club anymore. Shut down in 2013. So Souths juniors at Kingsford is probably your best bet. Pre game “The Brewery” just outside the Station at Olympic Park is the drinking hole but will prob equal Rabbits and Tigers.

The Burrow used to meet at Lidcombe Hotel outside Lidcombe station. Get on their Facebook and ask if they’re getting on it. After the game a lot of fans used to meet at The Wentworth Hotel on Parramatta Rd. Taxi or Uber is your best bet.This was once a Souths pub but I haven’t been there since the 2012 major semi. Drowned our sorrows that night. The Burrow Facebook page will have meet ups.
Thanks, ThingFish.

Curns13

Juniors
Don’t drink in the Olympic Park precinct it’s over priced and overrated. The juniors is a bit of a pain in the arse to get to via the train, if it was me I would probably find somewhere on George Street to have a few drinks and the get the train from Town Hall and go straight to the stadium.
The match day experience at ANZ isn’t anything to shout about so I would just plan on getting there with about 20 minutes to spare watch the game and then get out again.
I have often meant to go to the lidcome hotel but have never actually got around to it so can’t advice if it’s any good or not.
Cheers, Pommy.

Pommy

Coach
@Pommy @ThingFish Any advice on getting from the airport to ANZ?

Just get the train. I imagine it will be a train to central, then a train to lidcome then you get the Olympic Park train, it has no stops from lidcome and drops you off right in front of ANZ stadium. My guess is it will be a 50 min trip.
Be warned there is a limit on bagsize at ANZ although I’m not sure what the limit actually is.