What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZ Stadium

gaffer

Juniors
Hope the nuffies at headquarters are happy with the money they took to play at ANZ where we don't win.Going to be lean times for a while.Give the money back and change to another ground

bartman

Immortal
I expected us to give a better first up effort at our "home" ground.

And for the Jon Mannah Cup as well.

strider

Post Whore
Probably a bit hard to settle in when you get 1 home game in your first 6 games

Chipmunk

Coach
It's hard one. We wanted a new home ground, but we're going to not have a home game for 2 years.

The options of where to play our home allocated matches in the mean time is really a major issue when we have such a piss poor record at the ground we chose.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I cant blame the stadium for the loss, yes we have a poor record but we have won 4 of the last 6 games there. But the stadium its self, I mean 2019 cant come soon enough, unless there are some massive improvements and of course we win, I wont enjoy going to the footy there. My seats are fine, but the food and drink prices are a joke, the staff there are really rude and up tight, just no atmosphere.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ok I'm going to go against the grain here...
I thought the game day experience yesterday was quite good, the banners, the clips before the game, the level 2 members bar was great ( we can do without the cover band though) ... as for the team? We simply need to learn to play there if we want to win a comp.

I don't particularly enjoy going there but in the situation we're in it's far and away the best option...

Gosford?? ... FMD!! Lol

Kornstar

Coach
We should play at the Saleyards - we always seem to perform so well there.

We should play in the off season, we are always going gangbusters in the summer!!

On a serious note, ANZ is right next to Parra, with Parra stadium out of commission it is the most logical choice for a home ground.

Why would you take your home games to Gosford for a season when it is nowhere near your home supporter base????

Un-f**king-believable!!!

bubs

Juniors
Well, one thing about ANZ, it certainly was easier to hear that trumpet player in the Sharks Supporters group playing the Sharks theme song at the end, and various other ditties to Parramatta's early departing supporters. :)

Parra

Referee
Plastic buckets to sit in and expensive shite food and expensive parking are what the people want. The club is just providing people what they want.

bartman

Immortal
But do they though? Crowds aren't where the money is at... maximising broadcast rights revenue, rationalising stadiums, and growing memberships (direct funds to clubs) are where things seem to have been heading for a while.