What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anzac test side

Ponga was born in Australia there is nothing disgraceful about his decison. also I woudnt put Uate in the same boat as Radradra. Uate played his junior footy in Woy Woy and lived in Australia for a considerbale time

He was probably only born in Aus cos his Dad had to go over there for work. Anyway, he's gone against his parents wishes and that's pretty selfish IMHO.

adamkungl

Immortal
Like I said EARLIER in this thread, I was only going off of the RLW article saying he was eligible for us. Where did Melbourne find him? Oh yeah in NZ. If he's not eligible, then OK. I was just reporting the fact that we are somehow being called selfish for this, even after what Aus has done with Fijians. I find that very rich tbh.

I was referring to the NZRL who should know better.

Not sure why you think what the Australian media reports is in any way connected to what the Kangaroos do. Aus being selfish earlier doesn't make it any less so for NZ to (try) do it now.

roughyedspud

Coach
The kiwis should know better,but given past experiences with the RLIF folding when pressed to make a call on eligibility,you can't really blame them for making a cheeky enquiry..

Let's just be thankful the RLIF stood by there own rules for a change...It's a good thing they where tested and said no

adamkungl

Immortal
The kiwis should know better,but given past experiences with the RLIF folding when pressed to make a call on eligibility,you can't really blame them for making a cheeky enquiry..

Let's just be thankful the RLIF stood by there own rules for a change...It's a good thing they where tested and said no

I thought the rule was any brown people can play for NZ..

Matua

Bench
Ponga's parents will be gutted, TBH, if I had a kid who decided to play for Oz over NZ I'd hit the frikkin roof.

Maybe Ponga should try and be like Adrian Lam - play for Queensland and then play for the Kiwis. The ARL/NRL might back down from the must be eligible for Oz when Mel picks him in his next Queensland team and open origin up for dual nationals.

As for the test team - these would be my backs:

RTS
Rapana
Whare
Anyone but Hurrell and Kata as they're both Tongan.
DMZ
Princess
Foran

Unlike Bobby Digital I don't have an obsessive hatred of Kahu so more than happy to see him in black (and the dude saved our bacon on many occasions in the last ANZAC test) and if SKD grew a pair of hands he'd be ok. Pity that Laumape is tearing it up for the Canes.

Ponga's parents will be gutted, TBH, if I had a kid who decided to play for Oz over NZ I'd hit the frikkin roof.

roughyedspud

Coach
Hurrell isn't eligible for NZ anymore,he left NZ without playing a test for NZ which renders his NZ residency period null and void

roughyedspud

Coach
I know..I was just adding to what you wrote,he shouldn't be selected either way..For being Tongan and not qualifying via residency

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
i'm worried vunivalu will play for fiji only until he qualifies for Aus on 5 year residency. Australia should not ever take advantage of that rule! But they will!

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Reported side

. Darius Boyd (Broncos)
2. Blake Ferguson (Roosters)
3. Will Chambers (Storm)
4. Josh Dugan (Dragons)
5. Valentine Holmes (Sharks)
6. Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)
7. Cooper Cronk (Storm)
8. Aaron Woods (Tigers)
9. Cameron Smith (Storm)
10. David Klemmer (Bulldogs)
11. Boyd Cordner (Roosters)
12. Matt Gillett (Broncos)
13. Trent Merrin (Panthers)

Interchange:
14. Matt Moylan (Panthers)
15. Tyson Frizell (Dragons)
16. Josh Papalii (Raiders)
17. Shannon Boyd (Raiders)

9-8 blues I'll take that :)

fourplay

Juniors
Reported side

. Darius Boyd (Broncos)
2. Blake Ferguson (Roosters)
3. Will Chambers (Storm)
4. Josh Dugan (Dragons)
5. Valentine Holmes (Sharks)
6. Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)
7. Cooper Cronk (Storm)
8. Aaron Woods (Tigers)
9. Cameron Smith (Storm)
10. David Klemmer (Bulldogs)
11. Boyd Cordner (Roosters)
12. Matt Gillett (Broncos)
13. Trent Merrin (Panthers)

Interchange:
14. Matt Moylan (Panthers)
15. Tyson Frizell (Dragons)
16. Josh Papalii (Raiders)
17. Shannon Boyd (Raiders)

9-8 blues I'll take that :)

If that really is the team, as a proud Aussie, I hope the kiwi's win. Woods, Klemmer & Merrin with all the form middle forwards in the game at the moment? Also Dugan at centre? It's also hard to justify Ferguson on the wing ahead of Noafuluma and Roberts.

King hit

Coach
I have no idea why people are bagging Fergusons selection?

He is a very good back and was excellent for Australia in the 4 nations winning the players player award. He has done well in the green and gold and deserves to keep his spot.

Noafuluma playing for the Kangaroos lolz