What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZACS and ANZAC DAY

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Actually playing in NZ tonight and then back here in Australia on Wednesday will place our boys in the right frame of mind and the spirit of ANZAC DAY as they do battle with The Roosters........you cant be any closer to the ANZAC troops and their memories than being in both countries within a few days of each others...thats my thoughts anyhow

BrissyRedV

Bench
Actually playing in NZ tonight and then back here in Australia on Wednesday will place our boys in the right frame of mind and the spirit of ANZAC DAY as they do battle with The Roosters........you cant be any closer to the ANZAC troops and their memories than being in both countries within a few days of each others...thats my thoughts anyhow
Unless of course, we were up against a Turkish team, playing on a steep field on a hill side with us running up hill...

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Agreed BSE, good post.

For the past 15 years, l’ve researched Bomber Command ( my father flew 34 ops out of 630 Squadron at East Kirkby in ww2, rear gunner flying mainly Lancasters) .... and assist people in finding the operational records of their fathers, etc for their relevant squadrons.

I’ve always held the view that ..... “There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those people who served us so gallantly.

Red & White, all day & night.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Agreed BSE, good post.

For the past 15 years, l’ve researched Bomber Command ( my father flew 34 ops out of 630 Squadron at East Kirkby in ww2, rear gunner flying mainly Lancasters) .... and assist people in finding the operational records of their fathers, etc for their relevant squadrons.

I’ve always held the view that ..... “There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those people who served us so gallantly.

The first 2 world wars were engineered to get the outcomes that they desired. The Balfour Declaration, making Russia communist, destroying the and Austro Hungarian Empire and destroying the Ottoman Empire in the in the first world war. Putting Israel in Palestine and having all the white countries sign the Geneva Convention from the second world war.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The first 2 world wars were engineered to get the outcomes that they desired. The Balfour Declaration, making Russia communist, destroying the and Austro Hungarian Empire and destroying the Ottoman Empire in the in the first world war. Putting Israel in Palestine and having all the white countries sign the Geneva Convention from the second world war.

FF, l try and stay out of most the politics and admire the efforts of the men and their flying machines.

The Damo

Juniors
Interesting. Engineered by who?
Why get all the ‘white’ countries to sign the Geneva conventions?

The Damo

Juniors
Agreed BSE, good post.

That was a dangerous business flying those Lancaster’s. Gallantry indeed. And that’s a good thing you do for people. Kudos.

The Damo

Juniors
FF looking more like a conspiracy theorist post by post
Definitely a “the end justifies the means” type of person too boot.
Yes he’s a curious character. Being interested in history and politics I’m aware of most of his theories but the white countries and Geneva convention is one I’ve never heard before. Thought he might like to elaborate.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agreed BSE, good post.

Great work KOB.
Love it my dad was in the navy for 12 year so I understand where you coming from.
Your a good man KOB

Latest posts