What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appearance retired?

dogz08

First Grade
Four-time Group One winner Appearance forced to retire after injuring leg
Posted 14 seconds ago

Appearance wins Canterbury Stakes Photo: Outstanding mare ... Appearance has been retired. (AAP: Quentin Jones)
Map: Australia
Outstanding mare Appearance will be retired after suffering a leg injury.

The four-time Group One winner was unbeaten in three starts this campaign and was the favourite for next month's Doncaster Mile.

"It is an unusual injury," trainer Guy Walter said.

"She has a bit of a tear to a ligament in the back of a joint in her off foreleg.

"She has been a wonderful mare and she will be retired now."

Appearance, who is owned by Sheikh Mohammed's Darley Australia, has had a history of muscle problems which have been carefully managed by Walter who trained her to nine wins from 19 starts.

Her most recent victory was in the Group One Canterbury Stakes earlier this month.

Walter will now rely on Streama and Toydini in Saturday's George Ryder Stakes at Rosehill.

Kerrin McEvoy will ride triple Group One winner Streama while Blake Shinn will be aboard Toydini.

AAP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-25/injury-forces-appearance-retirement/5342930?section=sport

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe Lonhro???? The Commands Zabeel cross has worked pretty well don't see why should won't mate up well with Lonhro???

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I reckon they'll send Bernardini the most class mares this spring, off the back of Boban & Zambagh's success..

You are right about that cross...it is working very well..

Gee Eight Carat was a sensational broodmare..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon they'll send Bernardini the most class mares this spring, off the back of Boban & Zambagh's success..

You are right about that cross...it is working very well..

Gee Eight Carat was a sensational broodmare..
True, horses like Street Cry and Lonhro don't need a kick along. Bernardini has had a slow start but has come on well. Toydini is another good horse of his.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
True, horses like Street Cry and Lonhro don't need a kick along. Bernardini has had a slow start but has come on well. Toydini is another good horse of his.

They gave Lohnro the good mares in his first 2 trips to the USA..

They seem to back a chosen stallion every year..

Yep the Bernardini's need time (except Ruud Awakening) but if you've got patience, he is paying off..

Medaglia Dora is one i'm keeping an eye on..i'd love to have the cash to send a mare to him..

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Big big shame, she was really set to explode as a champion mare this prep. The form around her is outstanding and she was still on the way up to her favourite trip 1500/1600 metres.

I remember I actually backed her first or second start as a two year old, pretty sure it was a mid-weeker at Warwick Farm on a bog track. She half missed the start but was too good for them, she then took a while to mature but as a four year old really started showing how classy she was.

I think she is a moral to go to Lohnro, Darley usually always send those sprinting Danehill line mares to him. Proven cross and he is a former champion sire, just makes sense.

The only other one would possibly be Street Cry but I don't believe he is shuttling anymore?

Latest posts