What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Knights fans Butthurt on losing BJ

Certain people who i assume support Newy are carrying on like they are better off without him.

Just wondering are they butthurt or have we signed a good one?

Swarzey

Bench
Normally don't care to post in other forums but i have to say most fans here have had the same views on BJ. Rocks and diamonds, will win you games but lose them too. He'll be a good pick up for the Raiders, I wish him the best, but we've got the depth to cover him.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
As long as Rapana still fits in our back line next season I'll be happy.

It's tough though for next season. Croker, Waqa, Lee, Rapana and BJ. You'd think the centres would be Croker and BJ with Waqa on a wing and hopefully Rapana on the other. Would that be the end of Lee? I really don't see the point of BJ unless he will play in the back row

A very immature and selfish footballer. Talented yes. Will never fulfill it though cos he is all about Joey Leilua. Facts are he could not cop the spray he received from Stone about being a lazy trainer in the pre season. I don't really see why your side needs him at all. Already have a gun backline.

Noname36

First Grade
Butthurt? No. Relieved? Yes.

There's no doubt BJ can be devestating on his day however he's gotten to that stage in his career when the silly errors in his game should be getting better but his are getting worse.

For all his physicality sadly he doesn't have one speck of a football brain. He also apparently doesn't put in at training and has copped sprays from the coach as well as senior players for being lazy which he didn't respond well to.

Hopefully Stuart can get the best out of him because it's become fairly obvious that he's not a great fit at the Knights either on or off the field at the moment. Maybe the change in scenery will do him good. I hope so anyway because for the amount of times the bloke has made me want to hit my head against the wall he's good to watch when he's on.

From all the games he's played I am sure he has pissed me off more than making me happy. Enjoy the ups and downs with him raiders.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
He has been brought in on the hopes sia can mentor the fergo out of him. If he goes on playing the way he has at the knights, I dont think many of their fans are gonna miss him.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He's OK looks like a big fat baby and plays like a mental case. I think we need a player like him since Ferguson found Islam in a Sydney pub but he makes Ferguson look like a genius on the field.

perverse

Referee
Dumbest footballer alive - you can have him before June 30 if you like, he's not doing us any good at the moment.

However, you will have moments with him where you're like 'phwoar! yeah! go big baby go!!'. He can be exciting. I think he needs to be coached by someone he respects. Clearly didn't like being told by Rick Stone that he was lazy... but seemed fit as a fiddle under Wayne. If he buys into Ricky, and Ricky buys into him, you could have a gem on your hands. History says dumb, stupid dud though.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
See raiders fans are fairly apprehensive here. Probably because we have been burnt by talented undisciplined clowns in the past. I think there is a lot of upside with the downside being some wasted cap. We have decent enough depth in the 3/4 line but lack a little strike power. If he ends up eating maccas instead of training stick will drop him.

If he pulls his head in we get some well needed power in the centres.

blaza88z

Coach
Certain people who i assume support Newy are carrying on like they are better off without him.

Just wondering are they butthurt or have we signed a good one?

you need to understand the LU psychology when it comes to players joining a leaving a club

Leaves club; fan from said club where player is leaving "oh he wasn't that good anyway"
Joins club; fan from said club that the player is joining "holy f**king shit, we just signed the next immortal!!!!"

perverse

Referee
eh, you only need to dig through some of the Knights forum topics on the bloke to know that he's been polarising us all year. I wish him well, but it's clear the bloke needs the right environment to thrive, and that we can't provide that any longer.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
And as I said most raiders fans are pretty apprehensive too. We can't turn down his talent because he is the exact type of player we need at his best to round out the side but there are plenty of downsides that's knights fans rightly consider when losing him. He was pretty bad last week for them.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
That said it does leave the knights short on outside backs unless there is a gem hidden away in under 20s. I normally half follow the knights fortunes because I'm from the area (I went to school with Joel Edwards) but yeah to me it would leave them short in the centres.

TooheysNew

Coach
That said it does leave the knights short on outside backs unless there is a gem hidden away in under 20s. I normally half follow the knights fortunes because I'm from the area (I went to school with Joel Edwards) but yeah to me it would leave them short in the centres.
Sione and Gagai. Definitely not short in the centres.

perverse

Referee
We need forwards and halves, not outside backs at the Knights. We'd be fine without Leilua if we spent it on something that we need, which we won't.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If gagai goes well at fullback he might not be too keen to move back into the 3/4 line. Fullback is a prestige position.