What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Knights fans Butthurt on losing BJ

perverse

Referee
Gagai has more chance of being picked for QLD as a centre than a fullback, he'll be happy to stay a centre I'd think. It would be a pleasant headache to have, though, if he does make a good effort of fullback.

nick87

Coach
Pete Cash has summed it up. I dont think it worries them much at all, for the same reason most Raiders fans are pretty "ehhh, i dunno about this one"

He's a match winner on his day, and a match loser when it's not his day. This is a fairly risky signing

Munky

Coach
The bloke is the dumbest player I've ever seen.

I think last year he through two no look passes straight to Whare to setup tries for us.

Noname36

First Grade
If I were the Raiders I would have bought a fullback instead. Wighton is clearly more comfortable and effective at centre.

Noname36

First Grade
Gagai has more chance of being picked for QLD as a centre than a fullback, he'll be happy to stay a centre I'd think. It would be a pleasant headache to have, though, if he does make a good effort of fullback.

Yeah, from some of Gagai's comments I think he wants to stay at centre long-term. I say Mamo will play fullback. We have more than enough backs to cover anyway. Wish we had the same luxury with props and halfbacks.

Johns Magic

Referee
My favourite Knights player. I think he's a gun and worth the odd brain explosion.

Talk of him being a selfish player is overdone IMO. He sets his winger up plenty...its just he has James McManus outside him who doesn't get himself in the right positions and even when he does is lacklustre.

Yes he does have dumb plays in him but I don't think its selfishness...he just takes risks that can come off at times and at others make him look stupid. His decision-making needs work.

If you want to see Leilua's ability to put his winger away, look up Sione's 2014 highlights on youtube. Sione scored a bundle of tries outside him.

Noname36

First Grade
My favourite Knights player. I think he's a gun and worth the odd brain explosion.

Talk of him being a selfish player is overdone IMO. He sets his winger up plenty...its just he has James McManus outside him who doesn't get himself in the right positions and even when he does is lacklustre.

Yes he does have dumb plays in him but I don't think its selfishness...he just takes risks that can come off at times and at others make him look stupid. His decision-making needs work.

If you want to see Leilua's ability to put his winger away, look up Sione's 2014 highlights on youtube. Sione scored a bundle of tries outside him.

I don't think he's selfish on the field. It's the selfishness off the field which I think the club has had enough of. Skipping out on corporate events, thinking he's above training due to his natural talent, getting offside with teammates, etc.

nick87

Coach
If I were the Raiders I would have bought a fullback instead. Wighton is clearly more comfortable and effective at centre.

No effing way. Wighton's played about 12 games at fullback and looked f**king great in most of them. Give him 12 months and he'll be one of the best in the game there, no doubt about that imo

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Absolutely. His positioning seems to be his only real issue and that improves by the week. He used to be shaky under the highball but he's all over that now.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Today he looked a bit lazy with the Benji 40/20 and he was but that was an unbelievable bounce. It hit the ground and basically warped to the sideline in about .0000000000000001 of a second. Typical Benji against the Raiders.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Im not upset to be losing him (though ill probably bitch about it next year if he starts to shred the opposition)...

Im just glad he went to Canberra instead of Sydney; id love to see you lot successful again.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Today he looked a bit lazy with the Benji 40/20 and he was but that was an unbelievable bounce. It hit the ground and basically warped to the sideline in about .0000000000000001 of a second. Typical Benji against the Raiders.

That bounce was ridiculous. I knew it wasn't going to be our day after that.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm hoping his connection with Soliola is a stabilising influence for him.

Stuart has implemented a no dickheads, no slackers, my-way-or-the-highway policy in Canberra. I wouldn't be surprised if his contract comes with KPI's that he is required to meet given his long history of being lazy.

If we get him and we get him firing he'd be the best centre at the club. If he's lazy, he's another Bill Tupou.

Latest posts