What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Kyle Feldt's kickoffs against the spirit of the game?

Lambretta

First Grade
Waaaaah, I don't like something change the rules waaaaaah

Yes, because that's never ended up creating a completely different problem no one thought of the first time around

The constant f**king rule changes to stop one person doing something that would soon go out of fashion anyway is a large part of why Rugby League has gone from a very simple game, to one with a million different rules which can be interpreted a billion different ways

Of course, it does allow us to indulge in our favourite past time of whinging about the f**king refs

Sometimes we need to shut the f**k up and deal

Learn to catch - problem solved

Feldt's Circus Kicks add plenty of spice to the dynamic of the kick-off. Pat Richards was the original Circus-kick master.. his did too..

And in general play, it's brilliant so see these absolute curveballs raining from the clouds terrorising the opposition fullbacks/wingers. Rather than a mere surrender of possession, they are an attacking weapon..

Against the spirit of the game..... pfft..

Would be like suggesting Warnie please refrain from ripping in flippers, googlies, legbreaks and lob up some gentle nude-balls because the batsman are afraid..

gitano

Juniors
Feldt's Circus Kicks add plenty of spice to the dynamic of the kick-off. Pat Richards was the original Circus-kick master.. his did too..

And in general play, it's brilliant so see these absolute curveballs raining from the clouds terrorising the opposition fullbacks/wingers. Rather than a mere surrender of possession, they are an attacking weapon..

Would be like suggesting Warnie please refrain from ripping in flippers, googlies, legbreaks and lob up some gentle nude-balls because the batsman are afraid..
No.

It is kicking a ball in a way that is outside the original intent of the rule.
To stick with your cricket theme, it's like a batsman switch hitting...or a right arm bowler sending one down left handed or underarm.

BennyV

Referee

As much as the game was a box of dicks to watch, Benji's spiral bomb at Kogarah 2 weeks ago was a thing of beauty. I defy any fullback in the comp to catch that. I wouldnt be surprised if its still in the air above Jubilee and someone threw another ball onto the field to hurry the game along.

No.

It is kicking a ball in a way that is outside the original intent of the rule.
To stick with your cricket theme, it's like a batsman switch hitting...or a right arm bowler sending one down left handed or underarm.
7zuz.gif

gitano

Juniors
As much as the game was a box of dicks to watch, Benji's spiral bomb at Kogarah 2 weeks ago was a thing of beauty. I defy any fullback in the comp to catch that. I wouldnt be surprised if its still in the air above Jubilee and someone threw another ball onto the field to hurry the game along.
It was wonderful theater. No issue at all with this in general play it was a fantastic kick

Latest posts