What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Melbourne storm the most boring team in the history of RL ?

Are the storm boring ?

• Total voters

Shorty

Staff member
Why are news limited team fans so sensitive?
Storm has won grand finals off of this unorthodox technique and its obvious that it riles up players and fans alike so just own it.
Dogs fans, Manly fans, Roosters etc cope with being called scum all the time.

StormHi

Juniors
Some Grade A cry babies in this thread.

4th best attack in the game and the best defensive in the game this year.

They are exciting as f**k to watch.

The_Shield

Juniors
Storm has won grand finals off of this unorthodox technique and its obvious that it riles up players and fans alike so just own it.

And dogs, Manly and Roosters fans defend their team. So why can't Storm fans defend their team?

thorson1987

Coach

We are as much a News LTD team as your mob.

thorson1987

Coach
I stand corrected!
All other points stand though.

Agreed.

It does get tiring hearing the same shit all the time though.

Used to get on my nerves, just ignore it these days and enjoy the fact that us doing well pisses off so many people.

OVP

Coach

Once touched by Lucifer Murdoch, always touched.

T-Boon

Coach
When all else fails revert to being a 24 carat wanker eh ol' mate

the reason it is fair game to bring that up is that Melbourne's tackling has become worse and more dangerous since the incident (and Smith is a quasi coach so he is responsible for that).
They got no incite into how shitty their tackle tactics are at all. In fact they probably gave their kung fu coach a pay raise.

T-Boon

Coach
It does get tiring hearing the same shit all the time though.

From all reports Bellamy is a good guy as hard as that is to believe.
The fans need to keep making noise about how grubby his tactics are in the hope that one day he will realise how low ruckf**k football is and maybe he will go and apply his rugby league intellect to making the game better for all.
So I feel like I am doing a service.

The_Shield

Juniors
From all reports Bellamy is a good guy as hard as that is to believe.
The fans need to keep making noise about how grubby his tactics are in the hope that one day he will realise how low ruckf**k football is and maybe he will go and apply his rugby league intellect to making the game better for all.
So I feel like I am doing a service.

If you wanna get the wrestle out of the game, then why single out Bellamy and the Storm. Why not complain about all the other coaches and teams doing it aswell?

T-Boon

Coach
If you wanna get the wrestle out of the game, then why single out Bellamy and the Storm. Why not complain about all the other coaches and teams doing it aswell?

Because Bellamy is the master of the art. I think it would die off if you removed him and applied some chemotherapy. There should be research done on exactly when it came into the game (I have heard it started in Brisbane), but it really took off in Melbourne under Belly.

Most of the other key practitioners learnt the craft under Belly. Guys like Madge and Brad Arthur. Those guys are devotees of the art and would vote against the rules committee bringing in changes to get rid of it.

StormHi

Juniors
Because Bellamy is the master of the art. I think it would die off if you removed him and applied some chemotherapy. There should be research done on exactly when it came into the game (I have heard it started in Brisbane), but it really took off in Melbourne under Belly.

Most of the other key practitioners learnt the craft under Belly. Guys like Madge and Brad Arthur. Those guys are devotees of the art and would vote against the rules committee bringing in changes to get rid of it.

You are so full of shit mate.

Go ahead and post gifs of this ruckball or the wrestle techniques. I will show you carbon copy of those same tackles from every f**king team in the league.

As to being boring you all sound as geniused as Phil Ghoul who calls the Storm clinical after they score a try off a 6 pass set play that was absolutely breathtaking.

Bunch of jealous merkins.

StormHi

Juniors
Also the "wrestle" as you called it started about 2 years before Melbourne Storm was even around.

2 man tackles wraping the ball up and keeping the carrier upright and they would even try and turn them around to waste even more time.

Again T-Boon you are full of shit. Also Melbourne Storm are on the low end of tackle related penalties. (Ie crusher, chicken wing etc)

So f**k off mate.

The reason Storm fans get defensive is because 99% of the time the stats don't support your stupid points.

Wanna say something true that hurts? We rorted the cap and cheated deserving teams out of a premiership. I genuinely feel bad about that.

But as to us being boring and kings of the wrestle..... That is absolutely bs.

Most Storm games are played at a breakneck speed and tempo.

The_Shield

Juniors
Also the "wrestle" as you called it started about 2 years before Melbourne Storm was even around.

2 man tackles wraping the ball up and keeping the carrier upright and they would even try and turn them around to waste even more time.

Again T-Boon you are full of shit. Also Melbourne Storm are on the low end of tackle related penalties. (Ie crusher, chicken wing etc)

So f**k off mate.

The reason Storm fans get defensive is because 99% of the time the stats don't support your stupid points.

Wanna say something true that hurts? We rorted the cap and cheated deserving teams out of a premiership. I genuinely feel bad about that.

But as to us being boring and kings of the wrestle..... That is absolutely bs.

Most Storm games are played at a breakneck speed and tempo.

Agree. Just look back to week 1 of the finals last year. Everyone was saying how quick the Broncos/Cowboys game was and how slow the Storm/Roosters game was, but statistics proved their was more slow play the balls in the Broncos/Cowboys game. But that didn't stop anybody from complaining about the storm

StormHi

Juniors
Agree. Just look back to week 1 of the finals last year. Everyone was saying how quick the Broncos/Cowboys game was and how slow the Storm/Roosters game was, but statistics proved their was more slow play the balls in the Broncos/Cowboys game. But that didn't stop anybody from complaining about the storm

Yup that was a great example.