What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we doomed in 2019 ?

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm not sure if Nathan is the saviour that we need. Yeah he is a really good player but we need to have better players supporting him. Plus we have Brooks and Reynolds in the halves. I'd prefer to keep Brooks out of him and Reynolds but Reynolds is on big dollars.

I'm honestly less concerned about getting Nathan than I am about getting some better players across the park.

Still our team this week to me looks pretty good. We aren't that far off improving if players like Packer and Matulino start to perform.
Ur middle paragraph is what we need to focus on.We have major deficiencies in the forwards & outside backs & Andrew Johns in his peak couldn’t help us if he had to guide the current existing shit roster around the park.Its why I’m cutting Brooks much slack this season although he does my head in with his inconsistent kicking game.

Tiger05

First Grade
Ur middle paragraph is what we need to focus on.We have major deficiencies in the forwards & outside backs & Andrew Johns in his peak couldn’t help us if he had to guide the current existing shit roster around the park.Its why I’m cutting Brooks much slack this season although he does my head in with his inconsistent kicking game.

I wonder how far we are off though. If Liddle and Aloiai come on we are a very different looking team. If we had a dummy half who was quick and could make a bust and a forward (edge or middle) who consistently dented the line we'd be a fair bit better.

We really need a couple of class players excluding getting the spine perfect. I have no idea though where we can get these guys from.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Here’s a stat:

Luke Brooks hasn’t had a Try Assist since round 8

You know happened round 9? Taylor to dummyhalf

Brooks was going great til that shit started happening

I don't see how we're going to get better. We're going to have to pay overs to get some good (good, not great,) quality on board so our cap will be spread more thin.