What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a cricket guru?

Craig

Juniors
Well are you?

I got this from another forum and it has inspired me to start one up here. I ask a question, if you get it right, I will confirm, and you then have 24 hours to post a question, or the person who was the dethroned guru get's to ask a question.

So here goes:

He played in the 2001 Test match in Hobart involving Australia-New Zealand, but made his first class debut at 16. Who is he? (It is not Ricky Ponting as a hint)

Craig

Juniors
Nope Dan made his FC debut at 18, and made his Test debut was his third FC match!

ThrashViking

Juniors
I remember Matt Bell playing in the aussie tests until Louie V made his debut in perth.
So was it matthew bell per chance?

Craig

Juniors
Matt Bell is correct.

ThrashViking is the new cricket guru.

Your turn (true to make it difficult).

ThrashViking

Juniors
In 1995 NZ celebrated it's 100th year playing cricket.
A four way tournament between NZ,Australia,India & South Africa celebrated the occasion.
The question: Who won the final and who were the runners up?

Anonymous

Juniors
Okie dokie hows this,

Which player retired from Cricket with over 35 000 first class runs and over 4000 first class wickets?

Earl

Coach
I would like to suggest the Cricket Quiz thread in the sports trivia forum :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If this triva thread is strictly about cricket, there is no reason why it cant remain here.

Feel free to ask away.

Anonymous

Juniors
Just out of interest are either of you (Thrash Viking or Timbo) using resources? In particular Tmibo coming up with 4/475. If you aren't there's no point in me competeing :p

You both are gurus if so.

ThrashViking

Juniors
I read books ;)
Matt Bell was a guess considering I saw him play for Northern Districts in 1994 (I thought it was Parore or Vettori) and I knew of Wilfred Rhodes because his record is legendary

Anonymous

Juniors
For the first one I knew the answer off hand but I did have to look up the Kiwi 4th inning total. Can anyone (other than Thrash Viking) honestly say they knew that?

Anyway my turn for a question:

Which Cricket ground is famous for having a tree inside the boundary?

Latest posts