What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a cricket guru?

Azkatro

First Grade
Well I hate to say it but I've looked this one up on Cricinfo and managed to determine that only one player was ever given out obstructing the field in tests - Len Hutton. And it's safe to say he never got out hit wicket in an ODI!

Basically by process of elimination the only player that shows up as both been given out handled the ball AND obstructing the field is Mohinder Armanath in ODI's. So that'd be my guess!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Azkatro said:
Well I hate to say it but I've looked this one up on Cricinfo and managed to determine that only one player was ever given out obstructing the field in tests - Len Hutton. And it's safe to say he never got out hit wicket in an ODI!

Basically by process of elimination the only player that shows up as both been given out handled the ball AND obstructing the field is Mohinder Armanath in ODI's. So that'd be my guess!
My memory is a little hazy, it's been a while, but i believe you are correct. It is Armanath.

Not the easiest question that one. If anyone knew it off the top of their head then i would be very concerned for them...

Azkatro

First Grade
Ok I'll try and get things happening again.

Australia are (scheduled, at least) to take on India at the WACA in the 3rd test of this series. India have played at the WACA twice before, in 1977 and in 1992.

Who is the only player who participated in both of those Test matches?

Azkatro

First Grade
Dutchy said:
Vangsaerker???
Vengsarkar it is! Good stuff. Actually in researching that one I worked out that India's highest wicket taker on the ground is actually Bishen Bedi, who took 10 wickets in the 1977 Test!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
apparently he's still learning how to spell................

some one else can have a fling