What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Armchair Coach/Selector time

hindy111

Post Whore
I think our biggest problem is that we can't score tries. One or two last night would have changed the composure of the game when the momentum was swinging our way. Our defense isn't that horrible (although, like Gronk says above, our discipline is).

So, basically, to make it as simple as possible...

Drop Norman.

Gutherson to five-eighth, Hoffman to the back. Probably don't have much choice but to leave French on the wing until Hayne comes back.

Best form of defense is attack.
Your selections are terrible also. Beau Scott has to go. Gower atleast offers something different to our pack if BA doesn't want to blood young guys.

Brown,Hayne,Taka will be back shortly.That alone maybe enough to have us winning games.

hindy111

Post Whore
Merkins here wanted The Cougar out of the club before he started. Now bc Tigers are going well apparently he wasn’t all that bad. I’m trying to keep up, but I am struggling TBH.

We made the top 4 with him last season. A lot ofmpeople blamed him for reason why players got injured.Or so it goes. I didnt want him here.

T-Boon

Coach
I think we need to find the old tape of how we turned things around in 09. Ando stumbled on a brilliant formula by throwing his hands up and having a sort of melt down. We just started throwing reckless off loads and pushing passes that aren't on.
Call it hot potato football. Lets try that. Start chip kicking from inside our own 30. Keep the ball alive with reckless abandon. Offload 3 times per tackle. Have a bit of fun.

T-Boon

Coach
If we don't see at least a dozen crazy trick plays this weekend we'll know that BA is on the way out.

The only time we have looked good all yeah was the last 5 minutes against the tigers. We should play catch up football from the kick off. Chip for French on first play of game. Start kicking for field goals at weird times. ETC.

The only time we have looked good all yeah was the last 5 minutes against the tigers. We should play catch up football from the kick off. Chip for French on first play of game. Start kicking for field goals at weird times. ETC.
I don't know what level of crazy is required but at 0-6 and with an abysmal attack something has to change. We aren't going to grind our way to a finals spot the way we're going. And it would be fun to watch some more adventurous footy.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Id be flabbergasted if Marata and Gowie dont get a run this week. I expect Marata to be selected on the bench and make a significant impact when he is thrust into the game in the 75th minute.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think we need to find the old tape of how we turned things around in 09. Ando stumbled on a brilliant formula by throwing his hands up and having a sort of melt down. We just started throwing reckless off loads and pushing passes that aren't on.
Call it hot potato football. Lets try that. Start chip kicking from inside our own 30. Keep the ball alive with reckless abandon. Offload 3 times per tackle. Have a bit of fun.
Or as Billy Moore said when describing a similar style employed by the Warriors - "Coconut Football".

Gronk

Staff member
I want to see the wall.

Ball under the jumper was a hoot.

59f4314c846d1_trickplay_59f42eea1a8be.jpg

emjaycee

Coach
With BA picking Hayne on the wing this week, I thought I would pick a top 17 based on everyone being fit.

1. French
2. Hayne
3. Gutho (c)
4. Jennings
5. Kirisome
6. Norman
7. Moses

8. Evans
9. Pritchard/King
10. Mannah
11. Ma'u
12. Taka
13. Brown

14. Moeroa
15. Edwards
16. Williams
17. Alvaro

I would only give Manu 2 or 3 more games to impress or make way for some youthfulness in Marata.

I reckon French needs to follow the play and look for offloads from Evans, Taka and Brown and later from Williams and Edwards (like Slater does).

Let Mannah and Alvaro do the no frills, straight hit ups (not every forward should off-load every time they run the ball) and quick play the balls. Tepai to run wide and hard at the halves.

Oh and Pritchard needs to be doing 1000 reps with one of these after each training session.
Handball-Comp-2.jpg

Gazzamatta

Coach
I respect your opinion MJC but if fit, I can't see anyone other that Gutho in the 1. This leaves French as a huge issue. If we had a Ropana or a Coteric on the other wing we could have Bev on the other but this year we just dont have that typer of player. Agreed that Gutho would make a great center but hes a magnificent fullback.

Latest posts