What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arnie: Are you ready for some footy?

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's been running for a week or so and I've seen it a few times.

I really don't see the point of getting Arnie to promote SOO.

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
It's been running for a week or so and I've seen it a few times.

I really don't see the point of getting Arnie to promote SOO.

Really? Compared to you El, I watch very little TV but I find it hard to believe that ad has been running for a week or so.

I thought it was great and Arnie would have come cheap for the few words he spoke.

Anonymous

Juniors
Ok.. ok.. I missed the bloody boat on this one. Shame on you all for not making a post before now. ;-)

I still reckon it's a good advert.

Blade

Juniors
I haven't seen it but did read over at the WORL boards that the ad is an edited/re-done version of an add that the NFL had Arnie do for Monday Night Football last season.

Below's what fortae wrote when another poster asked: Was that really made by him, or not??:

To answer your question yes but it was made for ABC sports in the U.S. which is why it ends awkwardly with 'Are you ready for some football?' - the tagline for Monday Night Football. All they did was supplant the footage of NFL players with SOO players and get Schwarzenegger to do some voice-over work.