What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Articles

possm

Coach
As l've mentioned on another thread.
I'll go for Mary any day over Daley.
Mary is a Dragon and knows the place, hands down.
Mary apparently has good support from the current players ....... which is paramount.
Mary is currently doing a respectable job .............. are we finals bound?
Daley has no first grade experience and would be seen to be a puppet for both Doust & Millward.
Mary has had a major part of his duties stripped away so that he can cope with 'coaching only'. Yet he is:
Still stuffing up selections.
Still has poor bench management.
Speaking at odds with Millward in public.
Refusing to solve progression problems for the fullback position.
Refusing to progress our local juniors Dufty/Mann/Kerr/Lawrie.

getsmarty

Immortal
Members Advisory Forum Appointed
Wed 31st May, 11:00AM
A A

1496196224144.png;pv0cf4504c1f706e2e

Red V Members have responded positively to the call for nominations to be a part of the next phase of the Members Advisory Forum, with a large number of quality applications received.

A thorough review process was undertaken that considered a wide range of criteria to ensure a cross section of membership category, location, age, tenure, relevant skills and experience to appoint the next successful 18 male and female members to participate in the Advisory Forum.

A balance of new and existing forum members will ensure continuity together with first year members as well as those that have been a part of the program since the inception in 2002.

The Red V Members Advisory Forum is designed as an interactive forum that will see these Red V Members participate in two meetings a year.

Those meetings will take place with the Dragons and NRL Management to discuss relevant issues and topics with respect to membership and fan engagement.

The Dragons 2017 Red V Members Advisory Forum Members are as follows:

Name

Package

Category

Tenure

Peter Nowfel

Platinum

Gold

Leanne Hicks*

All In

Gold

Maxine Molloy

All In

GA

Greg Young*

All In

Silver

Peita Diamantidis

Dragons Dozen

Silver

Vanessa Connolly

Kogarah Upgrade

Gold

Colin Rayner

Heartland

GA

Jeremy Jones

6 Game Flexi

GA

Chris Hoycard

Kogarah Pass

Silver

Garry Womsley

Kogarah Pass

Gold

Charlie Monti*

Kogarah Pass

Gold

Chris Atlee

Wollongong Pass

Silver

Andrew Horne*

Wollongong Pass

Silver

Rachel Moncrieff*

Wollongong Pass

GA

Matthew Bailey

Wollongong Pass

Silver

James Cheal

Dragons Faithful

Non-ticketed

Michael Hellyer

Dragons Faithful

Non-ticketed

Jack O'Hara*

Dragons Faithful

Non-ticketed

*Members were part of the original Members Advisory Forum Established in 2015

The selected members have been appointed for an 18-month period, as per the Terms of Reference

Established in 2015, the Members Advisory Forum is an open-environment for two-way communication between selected members and Dragons management with the clear objective of delivering value through our membership program.

The first meeting for the next Advisory Forum is scheduled to take place in conjunction with the round 14 fixture against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs on June 12th.

All Red V Members are encouraged to provide feedback, suggestions and submit questions to/for Dragons management via email to redv@dragons.com.au

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/05/31/members_advisory_for.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Future is now as Field stakes Dragons claim

Tim Barrow@@TheBarrow

30 May 2017, 12:04 p.m.
r0_0_4467_2974_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

End of the rainbow: The NSW under 20 team trains at Kiama before Wednesday night's curtain-raiser at Suncorp Stadium. Picture: Adam McLean

THE door has swung wide open for emerging Dragons talent Jai Field.

And the NSW under 20 representative intends to stride through it and grab a firm hold on the No.1 jersey when it’s left behind by Josh Dugan.

Barely halfway into this campaign, St George Illawarra’s squad for next year has already taken shape, with the early signing of Brisbane halfback Ben Hunt and retention of captain Gareth Widdop.

It means Field, who will play at five-eighth for the junior Blues at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday night, could only be a back-up halves option.

But his versatility could result in Field to becoming a first choice fullback to replace Dugan, who will move to Cronulla next year.

“Of course, I’d like to aim at that,” Field said. “It’s a position I want to take and next year hopefully I can have a good crack.”

A Shellharbour junior, Field has spent the NSW junior State of Origin camp up the road at Kiama, before flying to Brisbane with the squad on Monday. The junior Blues are coached by the former NSW hooker Danny Buderus, who played 22 Origin games, winning the series 2003-5. As the tension builds towards the Origin opener at Suncorp Stadium, Field will be plotting Queensland’s demise in the curtain-raiser in front of a building and inevitably hostile crowd.

“It’s been a great experience to be part of, it’s the first time I’ve gone into a camp like this,” he said.

“Danny’s been really good to have as a coach, he know what it takes to win at Origin level, we’ve just been keeping it pretty simple.

“I’m sure the Queenslanders will all be against us, but it’s pretty exciting to be part of the atmosphere and Suncorp is just a great stadium to play at.”

While Field is viewed as a star of the future, Dragons coach Paul McGregor has turned to Kiwi international Jason Nightingale while Dugan was out with a cheekbone fracture. Off-contract at the end of the season, 30-year-old Nightingale is determined to show his value.

“I think there’s potential for plenty of people to play No.1,” Nightingale said.

“I think Jai, long-term, is a five-eighth or a halfback, but he’s definitely fast enough and got enough running game to play fullback. But that’s for people other than me to decider.”

Nightingale said Field’s exposure to an Origin-type environment will make the 19-year-old a better player.

“Representative honours like the one he’s got will only make him grow as a player,” he said. “And (the Dragons) are going to be the ones benefiting from that.”

r0_0_4896_3260_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Jai Field

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...is-now-as-field-stakes-dragons-claim/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
Sims family divided over Origin allegiances

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

31 May 2017, 11:43 a.m.

DIVIDE: Tariq Sims disowns younger brother Korbin at Origin time. Picture: Getty

STATE of Origin always divides fans along state lines, but the divide runs slightly deeper in the house of Sims, with Tariq Sims admitting he disowns younger brother Korbin for a short period each season.

Born and raised in Gerringong like the rest of his ultra-talented family, Korbin followed older brothers Tariq and Ashton north when they joined Brisbane in 2008.

Tariq has been part of NSW camps on several occasions over the years but Korbin has pledged his allegiance to Queensland and was quoted earlier this season saying he “no desire whatsoever” to play for NSW.

It means the brothers could, in the future, clash in the Origin arena in different jumpers.

“Who’s that?” was Tariq’s joking response when asked about his younger brother’s allegiances on Wednesday.

“I don’t have a little brother this time of year. For about a month and a half I don’t have a little brother.”

It also puts Korbin at odds with older sister Ruan who has skippered the Blues in recent women’s Origin clashes.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4699045/kick-off-sims-family-origin-divide/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
Widdop return a boost for Dragons

31 May 2017, 12:04 p.m.
r0_0_3546_2364_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

FIRMING: Gareth Widdop. Picture: Adam McLean

ST GEORGE Illawarra skipper Gareth Widdop is all but certain to make an early return from injury against Wests Tigers on Sunday as the Dragons look to keep their foothold in the top four.

Widdop, who hasn’t played since injuring his knee in his side’s Anzac Day loss to the Roosters, completed the Dragons full ball-work session at five-eighth on Wednesday and also came through contact work unscathed.

The English International was named on an extended bench on Tuesday with Kurt Mann listed in the No.6 with the latter not cagey at all when asked about his skipper’s availability on Wednesday.

“I think he’s just got to get through the week and they’ll see how he goes but I’m pretty confident he’ll get through it,”

“[Coach Paul McGregor] has told me I could be playing a few different positions so I’ve just got to try and do my best during the week and try and nail my role down.

“That’s my role in the team, I filled in [at five-eighth] while [Widdop] was gone, but having him back is definitely a big bonus for us. You can’t really replace him, he’s a world class player and it’s great to see him back.”

With Josh Dugan named to back up from Origin I against the Tigers, Mann appears most likely to revert to his familiar bench utility role with Jason Nightingale shifting back to the left wing.

Wherever he plays, Mann will be full of confidence having produced his best performance for the club, and arguably the best of his NRL career, in his preferred position against the Warriors last start.

“It was just good to get a full 80 minutes out in the one position,” Mann said.

r0_0_4393_2929_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

MR FIXIT: Gareth Widdop's return will likely see Kurt Mann Kurt Mann revert back to a bench role. Picture: Getty

“It was really good to get an opportunity to play in the halves.

“Those couple of games that I played there were the first time I’ve played there in my whole [NRL] career so it was really good to get a start there.”

The Dragons halted a three-game losing streak with an impressive 30-14 win over the Warriors, picking up a crucial two points heading into a bye week.

“We started the season really well and went through a tough little period there,” Mann said.

“We played some really good teams, the Sharks [game] was a close one, Anzac Day against the Roosters was a close one. Melbourne were just too good for us [in round nine].

“You don’t want to be losing four games in a row at this time of the year so it that win was pretty crucial.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4699132/widdop-to-return-against-tigers/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
Field earns Dragons veteran's backing
Thu 1st June, 03:00PM
A A

By Nathan Beuman

St George Illawarra veteran Jason Nightingale believes Jai Field’s inclusion in Wednesday night's New South Wales Under-20’s Origin side will prove beneficial for the Dragons moving forward.

Field, who was one of four Dragons to score in NSW's 30-16 win over Queensland, has been named on the bench to play the Wests Tigers this Saturday afternoon at ANZ Stadium.

"I think he is getting better and better, and the representative honours he has achieved this year will only make him grow as a player," Nightingale said.

"We are going to be the ones to benefit from that, and I’m sure he will do himself and the Dragons proud moving forward."

Nightingale said Field was one of several options to play fullback next year including Field following recent news of Josh Dugan's departure at season's end.

"I think there is potential for plenty of people to play number one," Nightingale said.

“I think Jai will be more a five-eighth or a halfback. That is where he has played all of his juniors, but he is definitely fast enough and has enough of a running game to play fullback."

Nightingale also discussed his own future at the Dragons and said he would love to extend his status as a one-club player.

"Every game you play is a pitch to the club," the Kiwis international said.

"Now that [Dugan’s future is sorted], I think there are plenty of people coming off contract that will be sorted over the coming months.

"For now though I think we can change focus to what is happening here and get back to footy."

Despite losing a number of key players through injury, Nightingale believes it has been the ability of the Dragons' depth that has resulted in the club's success this year.

"Kalifa (Faifai Loa) was a good example of someone who came in and slotted in nicely," Nightingale said of the winger's two-try heroics against the Warriors a fortnight ago.

"People understand their role, and there aren’t too many expectations put on them.

"I think that seamless transition is why we have been able to play consistently in the absence of Duges (Dugan) and Gareth (Widdop)."

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/06/01/field_earns_backing_.html

getsmarty

Immortal
CRUEL NEWS FOR DREW
SPARE a thought for St George Illawarra’s injured halfback Drew Hutchison. It’s bad enough that he suffered a season-ending knee injury earlier this year. Now the Dragons have told the 22-year-old he is a free agent for next season. It’s understandable considering Ben Hunt is joining from Brisbane on $1.2 million a year but it goes to show the NRL is not always a glamorous and cruisy life for some of the unluckier footballers.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/e4a8d42c3668b61a9028497efed46b9e

getsmarty

Immortal
Phil Rothfield’s top 10 buys of 2017 NRL season
Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-large, The Daily Telegraph
June 4, 2017 8:56pm
LAST year I wrote a column about front-rower Nathan Brown being the biggest grub in rugby league.

It was not long after a game against the Gold Coast Titans when he stomped on an opponent’s groin. Lovely stuff.

At the time, match review chief Michael Buttner said: “If we had a charge for a grade one dumb act, dog act or shit act, it would have ticked all the boxes.”

The following weekend Brown smashed Mitchell Moses in a late, illegal tackle.

So why are we bringing up his history of grubbiness again? This is a column about the transformation of a player who is now regarded among the top 10 buys across the entire NRL competition this year.

Brown still plays as hard and is as uncompromising at Parramatta as he was at South Sydney last season. It’s just that he’s got the crap out of his game under Brad Arthur.

9715a14220f411b2ae96ce2901a6e3bd

Nathan Brown has had a strong year for the Eels. Picture: Gregg Porteous
“He plays with a lot of passion,” Arthur said. “We didn’t want him to lose his aggression but control it. He’s been great for us. We needed aggression and we needed someone with a good offload.”

Brown should probably not have played on Friday night against the New Zealand Warriors at ANZ Stadium.

He’d been nursing a rib cartilage tear and was not expected back until next weekend in Darwin. Once skipper Tim Mannah pulled out, Brown offered to play. With painkillers before the game and again at halftime.

He not only went out and produced his best game of the year but had to stay on the full 80 minutes because the Eels had only one interchange left in the second half.

This is a player who averaged 46 minutes at the Rabbitohs and 61 minutes at Parramatta this year. He carved out a career record of 165m. It’s why we have included him up high in the top 10 best buys for the season.

The top-recruit columns can always be a bit embarrassing for their former clubs and coaches.

Surely Michael Maguire would have got more value out of Brown than the Burgess twins Tom and George, who have been playing so poorly.

Same as St George Illawarra’s Paul Vaughan, who has been arguably the form front-rower in the competition but spent much of last year at the Canberra Raiders with their feeder club Mounties.

15bab10e2a59f46a60db2346f6ccb900

Paul Vaughan is the buy of the year.
I guess when you’ve already got a monster pack like Ricky Stuart had at his disposal, you can’t keep them all under the salary cap.

You look at the best recruits list and it’s easier to understand how Paul McGregor has lifted the Dragons into premiership contention.

He also snared outstanding hooker Cameron McInnes, who was even mentioned as an outside chance for selection in the Blues’ Origin side.

And another recruitment blunder by the Rabbitohs. Plus Luke Keary, who they let go to the Roosters.

Winger Nene Macdonald has also done an outstanding job in his first year at St George Illawarra.

We criticise Souths but over the years the Wests Tigers have been renowned for letting more great young players go than anyone else. Releasing Andrew Fifita to the Cronulla Sharks in 2012 was their biggest mistake.

This year Jason Taylor inexplicably allowed Josh Addo-Carr to join the Melbourne Storm and the electrifying winger is now in the top three of the best buys this year. They made exactly the same mistake with Marika Koroibete.

It shows how rugby league recruitment can be a really tough business.

Look at Manly. How did they let Clint Gutherson go to Parramatta last year? Yet they have picked up two of the best buys this year in Akuila Uate and Brian Kelly.

You win some, you lose some.

1defd172cb536c9226ce7147a12b3510

Paul Vaughan on the charge for the Dragons.
BUZZ’S TOP 10 BUYS

Paul Vaughan (Dragons)

Nathan Brown (Eels)

Luke Keary (Roosters)

Josh Addo-Carr (Storm)

Akuila Uate (Sea Eagles)

Cameron McInnes (Dragons)

Korbin Sims (Broncos)

Nene Macdonald (Dragons)

Zane Tetevano (Roosters)

Brian Kelly (Sea Eagles)

Honourable mentions: Michael Gordon, Kieran Foran, Josh Hoffman, Brenko Lee

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/d918611cc40447c5ce4edfd2e760f639

getsmarty

Immortal
Illawarra down Tigers at home
BLAKE EDWARDS
4 Jun 2017, 1:22 p.m.
r0_0_3567_2378_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Shaun Nona starred for Illawarra on Friday. Picture: Blake Edwards

Illawarra recorded a convincing 36-8 victory over the Wests Tigers at WIN Stadium on Friday evening.

Illawarra’s Shaun Nona wound back the clock, finding the form which saw him lead his side to premiership and state championship glory in 2016, playing a hand in four of the side's seven tries.

The hosts were first to score through Izaac Thompson and lead to 12-0 after just ten minutes when centre Patrick Herbert crossed.

The Tigers hit back through centre Lalotoa Mata’afa before Thompson completed his first-half hat trick and prop Jacob Hind also went over as the hosts led 26-4 at the break.

Hind continued his try-scoring ways immediately after the break steaming over Tigers defenders to collect his double.

Illawarra drifted in and out of the contest before Nona linked up with Dufty, who raced in for a four-pointer. The visitors would round out the scoring with a late try to Nathan Milone, but Illawarra proved to strong running out 36-8 victors.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4706543/illawarra-down-tigers-at-home/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
Thompson takes early guilty plea
Mon 5th June, 12:00PM
A A

1496627202225.jpg;pv9695cc77c88c1a7f

St George Illawarra back-rower Joel Thompson has taken the early guilty plea on a grade one tripping charge following the Dragons' 16-12 win over Wests Tigers on Saturday afternoon.

Thompson was placed on report by match officials on the stroke of half-time after his back leg caught Tigers fullback James Tedesco.

The early guilty plea means Thompson will be charged with a $1550 fine by the NRL Match Review Committee, and won't miss any football.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/06/05/thompson_takes_early.html

getsmarty

Immortal
De Belin to continue pushing Origin case

6 Jun 2017, 5 p.m.
r0_0_3000_2000_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

NEXT IN LINE: Jack de Belin and Jordan McLean. Picture: Getty Images

HE’S so close he can almost touch it, but St George Illawarra forward Jack de Belin isn’t resting on his laurels as he continues to chase a maiden NSW jumper.

The Dragons hardman has been a regular in emerging Blues camps in recent seasons and, on the back of his impressive start to 2017, was called into NSW camp ahead of game one last week.

The Blues emphatic win at Suncorp Stadium means changes for game two would only come about through injury, but de Belin is confident he’s ready to step up if called upon.

“It is good knowing I’m right there and hopefully before too long I can get a crack,” de Belin said.

“In the unfortunate circumstance of an injury or suspension, I’m definitely ready to step up and play and slot straight in.”

De Belin described being part of the build-up right up until that final knock on the door come game-time as a “different” experience, but one that will have long-term benefits at club and rep level.

“Camp was definitely a great experience. I knew pretty early on I wasn’t playing so for me it was a pretty relaxed week,” de Belin said.

“It was just good to get around the boys and learn all the structures and plays and everything that goes into an Origin camp.

“[As 18th man] There’s not much pressure on you but you just feel it for the other boys because it’s such a big arena.

“There’s so much riding on it, you’re playing for your state and obviously over the past decade we haven’t been that great but we’re really pushing that it’s our time now.”

It’s the same path Dragons teammate Tyson Frizell trod before stamping himself on the Origin arena last season in line with coach Laurie Daley’s policy of rewarding strong form over a long period of time.

“I feel I’ve played pretty consistent, steady footy for a fair while now,” de Belin.

“My bad games haven’t dipped too far from my good games so it’s good to see they’re rewarding form and if you play well at club level you’re going to be rewarded.”

De Belin will get another chance to press his claims when the Dragons take on a Bulldogs side that will feature NSW incumbent forwards David Klemmer and Josh Jackson on Monday.

Having edged out the struggling Wests Tigers 16-12 in a dour affair last Saturday, de Belin said his side will be looking for a return to the standards they’ve set in strong start to the season.

“[The Tigers match] was a strange old game, probably one of the worst we’ve played all year to be honest,” de Belin said.

“There was a bit of a sombre mood in the sheds afterwards, it almost felt like we lost because it just went against the standards we’ve set here.

“In years’ gone by we might have just been happy enough to get the two points but it’s different this year. We’re pretty disappointed with the performance we put up.

“We didn’t play as a team, we played as individuals and it was pretty evident.”

The Dragons will be at full strength for the clash after scans on Monday cleared Frizell of any serious injury to his ribs.

Joel Thompson is also free to play after taking the early guilty plea and copping a fine for a tripping charge arising out of the victory over the Tigers. Both were named in an unchanged line-up on Tuesday.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...m-close-enough-to-touch-for-de-belin/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
Dugan all class as a fullback

7 Jun 2017, 3:30 p.m.
r0_0_2000_3000_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Josh Dugan showed his worth as a No.1 against the Tigers. Picture: Getty Images

SO have we decided whether Josh Dugan is a world-class fullback yet?

Surely his performance against the Tigers on Saturday puts the argument over his best position at the Dragons to bed.

It was a low game that could’ve gone either way and, despite Gareth Widdop’s classy return, Dugan was the difference maker.

Backing up from Origin he ran for 170 metres and saved four tries, including an excellent cover tackle on a flying James Tedesco.

Dugan is a polarising figure but he’s nothing if not forthright.

He spoke in NSW camp of feeling disrespected by the Dragons attempt to low-ball him by pigeon-holing him as a centre.

He’s always had the backing of coach Paul McGregor as the club’s No.1. It wasn’t hard to see why on Saturday.

The club, and recruitment chief Ian Millward, have got a lot right when it comes to recruitment this season, but they might just do things differently on Dugan if they had their time again.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4715373/kick-off-dugan-all-class-as-a-fullback/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
Bremner signs on as Dragons Ambassador
Wed 7th June, 10:00AM
A A

St George Illawarra have announced that Sam Bremner has become a Dragons Ambassador for season 2017.

The New South Wales and Jillaroos fullback Bremner - who enormously successful rugby league career began when she was 18 - will have a crucial role among the local community and in rugby league circles throughout the St George and Illawarra regions.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/06/07/bremner_signs_on_as_.html

ALSGI

Bench
Bremner signs on as Dragons Ambassador
Wed 7th June, 10:00AM
A A

St George Illawarra have announced that Sam Bremner has become a Dragons Ambassador for season 2017.

The New South Wales and Jillaroos fullback Bremner - who enormously successful rugby league career began when she was 18 - will have a crucial role among the local community and in rugby league circles throughout the St George and Illawarra regions.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/06/07/bremner_signs_on_as_.html
This is a great move by the club, good on her and the club.
Just can't support it until OV endorses it.

Sharp Dresser.

getsmarty

Immortal
Thompson fronts State of Mind campaign
Thu 8th June, 08:00AM
A A

The NRL has launched the second in a series of community campaigns, highlighting the power for change that NRL players, referees and clubs are delivering to promote positive mental wellbeing amongst grassroots clubs and communities.

St George Illawarra back-rower and NRL State of Mind ambassador Joel Thompson fronts the campaign, which focuses on the game's State of Mind program delivery within grassroots clubs and local communities.

In Australia, one in five people will experience mental illness in any one year and at the crisis end, suicide is the largest killer of individuals aged 15 – 44.

Thompson is one of 30 NRL State of Mind ambassadors in 2017, with 13 new ambassadors joining the program this year, including referees Matt Cecchin and Ben Cummins.

"I've been part of the State of Mind program since the start and I've come to realise how important the education around the topic of mental wellbeing is," Thompson said.

"My role as an ambassador – and for my own personal growth – has been the opportunity to share my story.

"When you see the difference this program makes within clubs and the wider community, you couldn't be prouder to be a part of the NRL and what they are doing."

NRL Head of Government and Community Relations, Jaymes Boland-Rudder said the game's efforts in raising awareness about mental health and delivering programs to improve mental wellbeing in local rugby league clubs had grown considerably over the past few years.

"The NRL State of Mind program is into its third year and in that time, the rugby league community –at all levels and roles within the game – have had access to increased resources and support for one another," Mr Boland-Rudder said.

"Whether it be resilience programs delivered to NRL Clubs or the State of Mind Grassroots program delivered to local rugby league clubs across Australia and New Zealand, we are working hard as a game to do all we can to support our rugby league community.

"Mental wellbeing is an issue that most of us will face at times throughout life and as a sport with a significant voice within communities, we have a responsibility to support and educate not only those connected within our game, but also those around us."

"Joel's story and the stories of many others help to normalise that it's ok to put your hand up and reach out for help.

The NRL's State of Mind program is supported in partnership with expert health partners: Kids Helpline, The Black Dog Institute, headspace, Lifeline and New Zealand based organisation, Le Va.

For more information on the NRL's State of Mind program and other Community Programs that the NRL delivers, visit www.nrl.com/forchange

The 'Power For Change' campaign builds on the narrative of existing community programs and initiatives undertaken year-round by all levels of the Game and supported more broadly throughout communities.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/06/08/thompson_fronts_stat.html

getsmarty

Immortal
McInnes happy for Blues rival

8 Jun 2017, 3:56 p.m.
r0_0_2141_3000_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Cameron McInnes is still chasing a maiden Blues jumper. Picture: Getty Images

They were rivals in the race for the NSW No.9 jumper but Dragons rake Cameron McInnes was happy to see former Souths club mate Nathan Peats excel in his State of Origin debut last week.

McInnes’ own red-hot start to the season for the Dragons saw his name mentioned alongside Peats in the lead-up to Blues selection as Robbie Farah’s hold on the jumper loosened.

It was Peats who got the call after a groin injury ruled out Peter Wallace, with the Titans hooker making 53 tackles in Blues victory.

“Being a South Sydney boy, he got his chance at another club and he’s taken it with both hands and is playing Origin now which is great,” McInnes said.

“When I was first around Souths in 2013 I was in the squad with him and he’s such a hard trainer, really fit, really competitive and he was really good with me.

“Being Souths juniors we bonded over that a bit.

“I’m happy to see the way he’s playing and he did a great job for NSW which was great to see.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4718129/mcinnes-happy-for-blues-rival/?cs=3713

getsmarty

Immortal
Apps on track for return
Fri 9th June, 09:00AM
A A

St George Illawarra Ambassador and Jillaroos back-rower Kezie Apps is inching closer to playing again after she broke her leg at the Auckland Nines at the beginning of the season.

Apps discusses her recovery, how life as a Dragons Ambassador is treating her and her goals to play in the upcoming Women's Interstate fixture at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/06/09/apps_on_track_for_re.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Recruit Rater: How every NRL club’s new boys have fared in 2017

DRAGONS

Recruits: Josh Kerr, Nene Macdonald, Cameron McInnes, Paul Vaughan

How they’ve fared: Paul McGregor was selective in his recruitment drive for 2017 and it’s paid dividends for the Dragons.

Paul Vaughan and Cameron McInnes have been two of the form players in their respective positions this season. Both were as good as also-rans at their former clubs but have found a new energy since joining the Red V.

They were thrown up as Origin prospects for NSW and Vaughan can consider himself the unluckiest non-selection in the state. He’s been pheromonal.

Nene Macdonald has found a home on the wing and has scored four tries in his 12 games.

Rating: A+

82c9fd2d6f07f6b4ae1bfbc4f452d60f

Paul Vaughan of the Dragons.Source: News Corp Australia

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...7/news-story/f3d09e55a208e8a495af6152e198ff22

P.S If you want to see how other clubs fared , click on the above link. Article too long to paste.