What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Articles

getsmarty

Immortal
Mitchell Allgood
A A
image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg

• Date of Birth: 27-04-1989
  • Height: 194cm
  • Weight: 109kg
  • Position: Prop
  • Rep. Honours: City Origin (2012)
  • Junior Clubs: Brothers Penrith
  • Previous Clubs: Parramatta Eels (2011-2014), Hull Kingston Rovers (2015-2016), Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (2017)
  • FG Debut: Parramatta Eels v New Zealand Warriors, Eden Park, 12/03/2011 (Round 1)

St George Illawarra prop Mitchell Allgood joined the Dragons ahead of the 2018 season.

An experienced front-rower in the NRL, Allgood debuted for the Parramatta Eels in 2011 and spent the next four seasons at the club.

In recent years Allgood has plied his trade in the English Super League with Hull KR (2015-2016) and Wakefield-Trinity Wildcats (2017).

Allgood signed a one-year deal with the club, which means he'll remain at the Dragons until at least the end of the 2018 season.

http://www.dragons.com.au/team/profiles/mitchell_allgood.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Bremner braces for Women's RLWC
Thu 16th November, 11:30PM
A A

St George Illawarra Dragons Ambassador Sam Bremner may be getting rested for the Jillaroos' opening match of the Women's Rugby League World Cup against the Cook Islands on Thursday, but can hardly contain her excitement over the prospect of winning the tournament again.

Fullback Bremner - who injured her ankle playing for New South Wales at WIN Stadium, Wollongong earlier in 2017 - is one of the veterans of the Jillaroos' squad and will play a crucial role throughout the World Cup over the coming weeks.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/16/bremner_braces_for_w.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Meet Darren Nicholls
Thu 16th November, 10:00AM
A A

St George Illawarra halfback Darren Nicholls has joined the Dragons on a two-year deal ahead of the 2018 Telstra Premiership season.

Nicholls began his senior football journey in the Holden Cup at the Wests Tigers and after a few years in France has featured in the first grade squads of the Broncos, Rabbitohs and Panthers.

Last season, Nicholls skippered Penrith's Intrust Super Premiership outfit to grand final and NRL State Championship success in 2016.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/16/meet_darren_nicholls.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Darren Nicholls
A A
image.scale.thumbnail.200.300.jpg

• Date of Birth: 15-04-1989
  • Height: 181cm
  • Weight: 89kg
  • Position: Halfback
  • Rep. Honours: NA
  • Junior Clubs: Holy Cross Rhinos
  • Previous Clubs: Wests Tigers (2009-2010), North Sydney Bears (2013), Brisbane Broncos (2014, 2016), Penrith Panthers (2017)

Nicholls joined the St George Illawarra Dragons ahead of the 2018 Telstra Premiership season.

A veteran playmaker who has played part in a number of different clubs' full-time squads, Nicholls will look to make his NRL debut at the Dragons.

Having also spent time abroad playing in France, Nicholls skippered the Penrith Panthers' ISP team to grand final and NRL State Championship successes in 2017.

Nicholls signed a two-year contract upon arriving at the Dragons meaning he'll remain at the club until at least the end of the 2019 season.

http://www.dragons.com.au/team/profiles/darren_nicholls.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Young delivers Mudgee membership to Mayor
Fri 17th November, 01:00PM
A A

St George Illawarra assistant coach Dean Young was on hand at Mudgee's Glen Willow Regional Sports complex earlier this week.

Young presented Mid-Western Regional Council Mayor Des Kennedy with a Mudgee Faithful membership ahead of the 2018 season - where the Dragons will play both the Charity Shield and their Round 11 clash (v Raiders) in the Central West town.

A big thanks to the Mid-Western Regional Council for supplying the footage.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/17/young_delivers_mudge.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Jillaroos crush Cook Islands in opener
Fri 17th November, 09:00AM
A A

By Alicia Newton‌, National Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com

The Australian Jillaroos have opened their Women's World Cup title defence in style with a crushing 58-4 victory over the Cook Islands in Cronulla on Thursday.

The Jillaroos capitalised on 10 line breaks in the first half to pile on seven tries for a 36-0 advantage at the break, but lost their way in the final 20 minutes of the contest in the only concern for coach Brad Donald heading into their second-round fixture with England on Sunday.

An error from Cook Islands hooker Inangaro Maraeara allowed for the Jillaroos to strike early with halfback Caitlin Moran forcing her way over the line in the seventh minute.

A four-pointer to hooker Brittany Breayley extended the lead further for the host nation, before five-eighth Ali Brigginshaw sliced through the Cook Islands defence to race 45 metres and score.

Brigginshaw was in on the action once more following the restart with a pin-point cut-out pass for winger Karina Brown to go over in the corner, followed by a short ball to send back-rower Vanessa Foliaki over untouched.

The onslaught continued seven minutes later when centre Isabelle Kelly popped a late offload that resulted in debutant Talesha Quinn outpacing four chasers to the try line, before Kelly dived over herself after another pass from Brigginshaw.

A strong charge from prop Toka Natua offered the Cook Islands a brief reprieve and a rare chance to attack inside the Jillaroos' 20-metre zone before the half-time siren sounded to halt the momentum.

Natua was among the Cook Islands' best in a beaten outfit with 100 metres in a 54-minute effort.

Australia showed no signs of slowing down in the second half to reach the half-century mark with 23 minutes remaining with debutantes Nakia Davis-Welsh, Meg Ward and Lavina O'Mealey going over for four-pointers.

With the side missing regular custodian Sam Bremner for the clash, the agility of Davis-Welsh was on show with a weaving effort to brush off five defenders on her run to the line.

Indigenous All Stars teammate O'Mealey then sent Northern Territory product Meg Ward over with a late offload, before throwing a dummy the following set to charge over the line from close range.

The Cook Islands were rewarded for a brief period of possession to receive the loudest reception of the afternoon with centre Chantelle Inangaro Schofield going down a short side to plant the ball down late in the game.

Australia responded with two minutes left with Moran stepping inside Cook Islands fullback Kiana Takairangi for a double to ice the win.

Australian Jillaroos 58 (Caitlin Moran 2, Brittany Breayley, Karina Brown, Ali Brigginshaw, Vanessa Foliaki, Talesha Quinn, Isabelle Kelly, Nakia Davis-Welsh, Meg Ward, Lavina O'Mealey tries; Maddie Studdon 4, Caitlin Moran 3 goals) defeated Cook Islands 4 (Chantelle Inangaro Schofield try) at Southern Cross Group Stadium. Half-time: Jillaroos 36-0. Crowd 3,003.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/17/jillaroos_crush_cook.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Josh Dugan reveals bold $2m rugby switch plan, mental demons and discusses Dragons exit
NRL Premiership
  • November 17, 2017 12:54pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
MTcxMTIwMTc1fGN4by5jfGh0dHBzOi8vY2RuLm5ld3NhcGkuY29tLmF1L2ltYWdlL3YxLzAzZjFmZTk3NDJlM2JlZWQ1MjVhOWEzNWJkZTU5NmI3fDE3MTEyMDE3NQ==

Kangaroos star Josh Dugan with the team arriving at Canberra Airport.Source: News Corp Australia
JOSH Dugan has revealed how he had planned out a $2 million switch to rugby union in a candid interview with the Daily Telegraph.

And the Kangaroos star also shed light on the ongoing mental demons he battles associated with the spotlight placed on him through a rollercoaster rugby league career.

It was earlier this year when St George Illawarra was playing hard ball with Dugan’s contract, and he eventually walked away from the club to sign a lucrative deal with rivals Cronulla.

But he very nearly walked away from the NRL altogether, and could have signed deals with three separate rugby clubs which would have netted him around $2 million for 2018.

The Telegraph reports Dugan could have gone to Japan on a deal worth $1.2 million, then headed to the French competition for part of their season, before heading back home to Australia to play for the Western Force for the remainder of 2018.

Dugan may yet finish his career in the rival code, but said he chose to stay in the NRL for the desire to represent his state and country.

MTcxMTIwMTc1fGN4by5jfGh0dHBzOi8vY2RuLm5ld3NhcGkuY29tLmF1L2ltYWdlL3YxLzExZTJmMjBhZjJkYzhjM2IzY2E4YmQyMDkzZGFjYmMyfDE3MTEyMDE3NQ==

Josh Dugan of the Kangaroos is tackled by Jason Baitieri of France.Source: AAP
“I was pretty close to going to Japanese rugby at one point,” Dugan told the Daily Telegraph.

“I spoke to two Japanese rugby teams. It was when the contract talks at the Dragons were happening. I looked at different options.

“Sometimes you have to look after yourself and your family. One of the deals from Japanese rugby was very good and pretty hard to turn down.

“My love of this game and my love of this sport and playing for the Kangaroos overtook (the money on offer).

“I was nearly going to take the pay cut at the Dragons to stay at the NRL so I could play Origin and play for Australia.

“I knew if I went to rugby for a year or two, I would be 30-odd and I would have a slim-to-none-chance of being in the rep sides. I wanted to finish on a high note in league.

“There still might be a chance down the track that I end up in rugby but for the next four years I’m looking forward to playing at Cronulla.”

Dugan has endured a rollercoaster NRL career since he was touted as one of the best young players coming through the grades in Canberra.

This year he had to deal with ongoing contract speculation, another Origin loss in which he and old friend Blake Ferguson again copped criticism for off-field behaviour, and then being dropped by the Dragons for missing a team bus late in the season.

Dugan revealed he has been consulting a mental health professional since he left Canberra to help him deal with the stress of life in the public eye.

“When all the contract stuff was going around and then after the Origin loss, it was tough to handle,” Dugan said.

“I was copping a hiding in the media and there were a couple of times where I just wanted to hide and I didn’t want to come out.

“It was no secret I struggle at times with outside noise. I am normally good with that sort of stuff but this year it was overwhelming.

“There were games where I played really well and then there were other games when my head just wasn’t in it.”

Dugan will line up for the Kangaroos against Samoa in the World Cup quarter final in Darwin on Friday night.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/719fe7a57a1ecc21fccd1a236e50ba1c

getsmarty

Immortal
How 'The Simpsons' delivered a Jillaroos star
Tue 21st November, 12:00PM
A A

By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com

As a 22-year-old living in Bega waiting for The Simpsons to start, Kezie Apps knew nothing of women's rugby league and the existence of a World Cup until a 10-second piece on the news changed her life forever.

Australia had never won a Women's World Cup prior to 2013 but for many years barely anyone knew they were even playing. The 2013 campaign was the first time that Australia's best female footballers didn't have to pay their own way to play.

That win and the insistence by former NRL CEO Dave Smith that the women's game receive a more prominent place in the NRL landscape not only brought exposure but opportunity for girls like Apps who didn't know there was one.

Four years after that fateful news grab and Apps will start the Women's Rugby League World Cup as arguably the tournament's biggest star and with a standing as the best running forward the women's game has ever seen.

Growing up in a rugby league-obsessed house on the New South Wales south coast with two brothers who were promising footballers in their own right (Deon Apps played two games for South Sydney in 2011), Apps played junior footy alongside Storm forward Dale Finucane before having to give the game away at 12 due to age restrictions.

But when the local news showed just the briefest of packages highlighting the Jillaroos' 2013 World Cup triumph a decade later, Apps set her life on a new course.

"I'm pretty sure I was waiting for The Simpsons to come on and I heard 'women's rugby league' and 'World Cup'," Apps recalled whilst in camp on the Gold Coast with the Jillaroos ahead of next week's World Cup opener against the Cook Islands.

"I looked up and saw that there and it definitely changed my life forever.

"I had no idea about the Jillaroos. I had no idea women's rugby league even existed until that moment.

"Four years ago when I saw the girls on the news that they'd won the World Cup, that was my inspiration to get into women's rugby league.

"Just that little 10-second snippet on the news when I saw them with that World Cup trophy, I did some of my own research to try and find out more about it and to see where I could play footy."

Within 12 months of seeing a Jillaroos side boasting legends such as Karyn Murphy, Tahnee Norris and Nat Dwyer break New Zealand's 13-year stranglehold, Apps had announced herself in the women's game in extraordinary fashion.

In her first season of open-age competition she was named the Illawarra Women's Player of the Year, NSW Women's Player of the Year and was selected to make her Jillaroos debut against New Zealand in Wollongong.

Two years later and as an entrenched member of the Jillaroos team Apps became just the second recipient of the Dally M Medal for Female Player of the Year.

Her ever-present smile, bubbly personality and deadly lines that she runs at opposition teams' edge defences has made the now 26-year-old one of a growing number of Jillaroos with prominent profiles in the rugby league community.

A Dragons ambassador, Apps is regularly rubbing shoulders with rugby league royalty and inspiring the generation of girls that will follow her that they too can be Jillaroos with dreams of World Cup glory.

"The last four years, the journey I've gone on is something that I will never forget," Apps said.

"I've made some really good friends from it and I've got some really good memories and experiences and I've loved every minute of it.

"To be in the position now to hopefully come December 2 hold up that World Cup is insane."

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/21/how_the_simpsons_del.html

JDHD

Juniors
How 'The Simpsons' delivered a Jillaroos star
Tue 21st November, 12:00PM
A A

By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com

As a 22-year-old living in Bega waiting for The Simpsons to start, Kezie Apps knew nothing of women's rugby league and the existence of a World Cup until a 10-second piece on the news changed her life forever.

Australia had never won a Women's World Cup prior to 2013 but for many years barely anyone knew they were even playing. The 2013 campaign was the first time that Australia's best female footballers didn't have to pay their own way to play.

That win and the insistence by former NRL CEO Dave Smith that the women's game receive a more prominent place in the NRL landscape not only brought exposure but opportunity for girls like Apps who didn't know there was one.

Four years after that fateful news grab and Apps will start the Women's Rugby League World Cup as arguably the tournament's biggest star and with a standing as the best running forward the women's game has ever seen.

Growing up in a rugby league-obsessed house on the New South Wales south coast with two brothers who were promising footballers in their own right (Deon Apps played two games for South Sydney in 2011), Apps played junior footy alongside Storm forward Dale Finucane before having to give the game away at 12 due to age restrictions.

But when the local news showed just the briefest of packages highlighting the Jillaroos' 2013 World Cup triumph a decade later, Apps set her life on a new course.

"I'm pretty sure I was waiting for The Simpsons to come on and I heard 'women's rugby league' and 'World Cup'," Apps recalled whilst in camp on the Gold Coast with the Jillaroos ahead of next week's World Cup opener against the Cook Islands.

"I looked up and saw that there and it definitely changed my life forever.

"I had no idea about the Jillaroos. I had no idea women's rugby league even existed until that moment.

"Four years ago when I saw the girls on the news that they'd won the World Cup, that was my inspiration to get into women's rugby league.

"Just that little 10-second snippet on the news when I saw them with that World Cup trophy, I did some of my own research to try and find out more about it and to see where I could play footy."

Within 12 months of seeing a Jillaroos side boasting legends such as Karyn Murphy, Tahnee Norris and Nat Dwyer break New Zealand's 13-year stranglehold, Apps had announced herself in the women's game in extraordinary fashion.

In her first season of open-age competition she was named the Illawarra Women's Player of the Year, NSW Women's Player of the Year and was selected to make her Jillaroos debut against New Zealand in Wollongong.

Two years later and as an entrenched member of the Jillaroos team Apps became just the second recipient of the Dally M Medal for Female Player of the Year.

Her ever-present smile, bubbly personality and deadly lines that she runs at opposition teams' edge defences has made the now 26-year-old one of a growing number of Jillaroos with prominent profiles in the rugby league community.

A Dragons ambassador, Apps is regularly rubbing shoulders with rugby league royalty and inspiring the generation of girls that will follow her that they too can be Jillaroos with dreams of World Cup glory.

"The last four years, the journey I've gone on is something that I will never forget," Apps said.

"I've made some really good friends from it and I've got some really good memories and experiences and I've loved every minute of it.

"To be in the position now to hopefully come December 2 hold up that World Cup is insane."

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/21/how_the_simpsons_del.html
Truly, life imitates The Simpsons

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons RLWC quartet to feature in semis
Wed 22nd November, 09:00AM
A A

1511308456376.jpg

RLWC England vs Lebanon at the Sydney Football Stadium. Picture : NRL Photos/Gregg Porteous

Four of St George Illawarra's five remaining 2017 Rugby League World Cup representatives will feature in this weekend's semi-finals.

Dragons back-rower Tyson Frizell has retained his spot on the Kangaroos' bench ahead of their huge clash against Fiji at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

Friday night's showdown will also prove to be the biggest game of Dragons Under-20s utility Joe Lovodua's career after he was named on the bench for the Bati.

England will play in the other semi-final against competition fan-favourites Tonga at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium.

Dragons skipper Gareth Widdop and recruit James Graham have retained their place in coach Wayne Bennett's side at fullback and prop respectively.

Dragons Ambassador Kezie Apps will also start from the bench in the Jillaroos' final pool game against Canada on Wednesday afternoon at Southern Cross Group Stadium.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/22/dragons_rlwc_quartet.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Bremner embracing homely World Cup feel
Wed 22nd November, 12:00PM
A A

Injury may have prevented her from featuring for the Jillaroos so far at the women's Rugby League World Cup tournament but Dragons Ambassador Sam Bremner is remaining positive.

The veteran Jillaroo has been nursing a shin injury but is otherwise remaining positive about the tournament, especially since it's so far been located entirely in familiar areas such as Wollongong and Cronulla.

The Jillaroos will face Canada at Southern Cross Group Stadium, Cronulla on Wednesday afternoon at 4pm. Fellow Dragons Ambassador Kezie Apps has been named on the bench to face the Ravens.

Jillaroos team to face Canada:

1. Corban McGregor
  2. Karina Brown
  3. Annette Brander
  4. Zahara Temara
  5. Chelsea Baker
  6. Ali Brigginshaw
  7. Maddie Studdon
  8. Ruan Sims (c)
  9. Lavina O’Mealey
  10. Rebecca Young
  11. Renae Kunst
  12. Vanessa Foliaki
  13. Simaima Taufa
    Interchange:
  14. Brittany Breayley
  15. Heather Ballinger
  16. Kezie Apps
  17. Eliana Walton
  18. Caitlin Moran
  19. Talesha Quinn
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/22/bremner_embracing_ho.html

nontime111

Juniors
Sailor speaks!
Fri 17th November, 10:00AM
A A

St George Illawarra Development Player Tristan Sailor talks shop with the media about the initial few weeks of his first pre-season ever.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/17/sailor_speaks_.html
Great young kid with his head screwed on right like his legendary old man!~ SO hope he kills it here at Dragons and really goes on with it, cant wait to see him carve em up in first grade! excitement machine!

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL: Sailor embracing gruelling first preseason
Dragons Den
r0_0_3921_2951_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

POINT TO PROVE: Dragons young-gun Tristan Sailor, son of duel international Wendell Sailor, is keen to forge his own NRL path. Picture: Robert Peet

DRAGONS young-gun Tristan Sailor knows the questions are coming.

They’re inevitable when your father is, not just a dual international, but one of the game’s genuine larger than life characters.

These days though, Wendell Sailor is increasingly going by the moniker “Tristan’s dad” around the Dragons, and the 19-year-old says that’s all his father’s ever tried to be throughout his young career.

“He’s pretty much let me do it on my own and learn from the guys here,” Sailor said.

“He obviously checks how I’m going every now and then and gives me the odd piece of advice but he’s pretty hands off in that regard.

“There probably will be bit more external pressure because of it but I think it just makes me work harder to get to that level and carve my own niche.

“Probably as I move through the preseason and into the season I’ll seek out his advice a bit more because it will get tough, but it’s good he’s always tried to just be my dad rather than a coach.”

The 19-year-old is in the midst of his first full preseason with the Dragons top squad alongside fellow NYC standouts Zac Lomax and Steve Marsters.

It’s meant a big step up in intensity, but Sailor has looked impressive in the fitness stakes.

“Being one of the smaller guys it’s good to have that fitness but the step up from 20s is the big change,” he said.

“You can definitely see the step up in professionalism, it’s a fulltime job. With the 20s you had work or uni during the day but this is full days and it’s a lot more intense.

“We’ve got such a tight-knit group of younger guys coming through. We’ve all played together through the junior ranks so it’s creating a really good young culture.

“We’ve still got that excitement with being around some of the heroes we’ve watched for ages. To have those role models is really good to help us through this period.”

Sailor scored 15 tries in 26 games for the Dragons NYC side last season shifting between the halves, fullback and wing. He’s happy to continue in the utility role in 2018.

“All positions come with their pros and cons so I’m happy to play anywhere,” he said.

“Probably fullback or five-eighth is my preference, just being a bit more hands-on in terms of running the ball and ball-playing but I’ll play wherever I’m needed.

“I think the main focus is to build that size to deal with the physicality of [senior] level but I really just want to learn as much as I can.

“With Gareth [Widdop] and Ben Hunt coming back there’s two world class halves to learn from so I’m definitely looking to do that.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...un-sailor-out-to-blaze-his-own-trail/?cs=3713

Drag Queen

Bench
Josh Dugan reveals bold $2m rugby switch plan, mental demons and discusses Dragons exit
NRL Premiership
  • November 17, 2017 12:54pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
MTcxMTIwMTc1fGN4by5jfGh0dHBzOi8vY2RuLm5ld3NhcGkuY29tLmF1L2ltYWdlL3YxLzAzZjFmZTk3NDJlM2JlZWQ1MjVhOWEzNWJkZTU5NmI3fDE3MTEyMDE3NQ==

Kangaroos star Josh Dugan with the team arriving at Canberra Airport.Source: News Corp Australia
JOSH Dugan has revealed how he had planned out a $2 million switch to rugby union in a candid interview with the Daily Telegraph.

And the Kangaroos star also shed light on the ongoing mental demons he battles associated with the spotlight placed on him through a rollercoaster rugby league career.

It was earlier this year when St George Illawarra was playing hard ball with Dugan’s contract, and he eventually walked away from the club to sign a lucrative deal with rivals Cronulla.

But he very nearly walked away from the NRL altogether, and could have signed deals with three separate rugby clubs which would have netted him around $2 million for 2018.

The Telegraph reports Dugan could have gone to Japan on a deal worth $1.2 million, then headed to the French competition for part of their season, before heading back home to Australia to play for the Western Force for the remainder of 2018.

Dugan may yet finish his career in the rival code, but said he chose to stay in the NRL for the desire to represent his state and country.

MTcxMTIwMTc1fGN4by5jfGh0dHBzOi8vY2RuLm5ld3NhcGkuY29tLmF1L2ltYWdlL3YxLzExZTJmMjBhZjJkYzhjM2IzY2E4YmQyMDkzZGFjYmMyfDE3MTEyMDE3NQ==

Josh Dugan of the Kangaroos is tackled by Jason Baitieri of France.Source: AAP
“I was pretty close to going to Japanese rugby at one point,” Dugan told the Daily Telegraph.

“I spoke to two Japanese rugby teams. It was when the contract talks at the Dragons were happening. I looked at different options.

“Sometimes you have to look after yourself and your family. One of the deals from Japanese rugby was very good and pretty hard to turn down.

“My love of this game and my love of this sport and playing for the Kangaroos overtook (the money on offer).

“I was nearly going to take the pay cut at the Dragons to stay at the NRL so I could play Origin and play for Australia.

“I knew if I went to rugby for a year or two, I would be 30-odd and I would have a slim-to-none-chance of being in the rep sides. I wanted to finish on a high note in league.

“There still might be a chance down the track that I end up in rugby but for the next four years I’m looking forward to playing at Cronulla.”

Dugan has endured a rollercoaster NRL career since he was touted as one of the best young players coming through the grades in Canberra.

This year he had to deal with ongoing contract speculation, another Origin loss in which he and old friend Blake Ferguson again copped criticism for off-field behaviour, and then being dropped by the Dragons for missing a team bus late in the season.

Dugan revealed he has been consulting a mental health professional since he left Canberra to help him deal with the stress of life in the public eye.

“When all the contract stuff was going around and then after the Origin loss, it was tough to handle,” Dugan said.

“I was copping a hiding in the media and there were a couple of times where I just wanted to hide and I didn’t want to come out.

“It was no secret I struggle at times with outside noise. I am normally good with that sort of stuff but this year it was overwhelming.

“There were games where I played really well and then there were other games when my head just wasn’t in it.”

Dugan will line up for the Kangaroos against Samoa in the World Cup quarter final in Darwin on Friday night.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/719fe7a57a1ecc21fccd1a236e50ba1c
Jeezus he doesn't help himself much. Japanese Union.. FFS.

Last edited:

Latest posts