What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feej

First Grade
jTxpR74Bc.png

Pig Champion

Juniors
They come to those who wait and they all clutched at the three weeks. Wilson was correct all along. The player's lawyers saw the evidence and said, "take the three weeks".

Conversely Asada said "we haven't got anything concrete but this could go on for much, much longer. We know something happened, it's been a shitfight, let's called it quits, 3 weeks". Players "deal".

Lurkingshark

Juniors
Bogan Bible hammering away at Flanno today. ASADA aside. I don't have too much problem with Flanno as coach but if he is found to have any knowledge of dodgy substances being administered under his watch he should be banned for life.
I hope, as a fan, that he is having a good hard think about it all and if he carries any guilt he should just do the right thing and resign.
In the event of proven guilt, I would have far more respect for him doing that than if he gets dragged away kicking and screaming and attracting more dirt to our club.
I can understand someone wanting to protect their reputation and livelihood but if fault is found he won't have that anyway.

Card Shark

Immortal
Bogan Bible hammering away at Flanno today. ASADA aside. I don't have too much problem with Flanno as coach but if he is found to have any knowledge of dodgy substances being administered under his watch he should be banned for life.

Lurking, he did have knowledge of it mate. Remember he stopped the injections, but allowed creams of the same stuff.

Depends if ones considers that action being naive, apathetic or pathetic.

I think it's apathetic. He could've squashed it more than he did. For me, that makes him culpable.

Generalzod

Immortal
Lurking, he did have knowledge of it mate. Remember he stopped the injections, but allowed creams of the same stuff.

Depends if ones considers that action being naive, apathetic or pathetic.

I think it's apathetic. He could've squashed it more than he did. For me, that makes him culpable.

I find the actions of the club more pathetic by signing him to a 3 year contract...

Since 73

First Grade
Yesterday they reported Giveny sent Flanno an email dated April 6 warning him what Dank was doing.
It was May 29 before Flanno stopped it - and that was only when whispers were in the media.

Thats almost 60 days later. Flanno reckons he got rid of Dank some time earlier than that but Fox cameras picked him up in the sheds prematch in a sharks polo.

Elkin is also saying Flanno had full knowledge and was present when a player got jabbed.
It took place in a corporate box - which means they were hiding it.

There will be an NRL investigation. Has to be. This is damning and our club cannot move on until this evidence/accusation has been tested.

Surely

Post Whore
Yesterday they reported Giveny sent Flanno an email dated April 6 warning him what Dank was doing.
It was May 29 before Flanno stopped it - and that was only when whispers were in the media.

Thats almost 60 days later. Flanno reckons he got rid of Dank some time earlier than that but Fox cameras picked him up in the sheds prematch in a sharks polo.

Elkin is also saying Flanno had full knowledge and was present when a player got jabbed.

There will be an NRL investigation. Has to be. This is damning and our club cannot move on until this evidence/accusation has been tested.

I think flanno said injections are to stop ??

As for Elkin , I wouldn't trust his word, if I was a betting man I'd say he's the one the acc picked up on then he tried to pin it on others to save his bacon.

Card Shark

Immortal

There has already been an NRL investigation. The club got fined heaps & Flanno / Elkin got suspended.

The ASADA investigation is the next conclusion to come to.

If they find him guilty & suspend him for 2 years, will they backdate it because the process has taken so long like they did for the players & will they reduce it further because the NRL has also suspended him for 9 months.

Lurkingshark

Juniors
If ASADA find good evidence that that he had knowledge I would suggest that a ban would be considerably more than 2 years. Subject to evidence Elkin and Flanno should be banned for life.
On the legal front, some players may sue. I think it probably depends on their personal makeup and their regard for the club.
Our club is not a big multinational business, it is an organisation that is made up of us, the fans, and I would like to think that the players recognise that.
If I was a player, I would go after the perpetrators not the club. Especially as it appears that the whole sorry saga was (is) a comedy of slapstick-like ineptness, with no real calculated intent.
Then again I've loved the place for nearly 40 years.....you don't sue family.

Eion

First Grade

None of this is new info and the Nrl has investigated. It's a dangerous old practice to pick out timelines and 'evidence' from clearly biased sources. If Asada have enough and go flanno that will be the end of him. If not, then he'll be coaching us irrespective of how many fingers and toes you have crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.