What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes 2017-18 dates confirmed

Pommy

Coach
ECB and Cricket Australia have confirmed the 2017-18 Ashes schedule, along with the five One-Day Internationals scheduled for January, immediately following the Test Series.

The first Test will return to Brisbane’s Gabba before the Adelaide Oval will play host to the first ever Day-Night Ashes Test.

The series will move to Perth - Cricket Australia and the WACA continue to work with the WA Government on the possibility of hosting the match at the Perth Stadium.

The series will then move to the traditional Boxing Day Test and New Year’s Test in Melbourne and Sydney respectively, where record crowds are expected.

More info in the link https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/195457

I've never been to an Ashes or test match for that matter so I'm really looking forward to the New Years test, hopefully the series is still alive at that point.

Timbo

Staff member
Wow, that's really not a lot of cricket next summer.

If the Ashes fizzes out the BBL will be truly front and centre.

Pommy

Coach
Wow, that's really not a lot of cricket next summer.

If the Ashes fizzes out the BBL will be truly front and centre.

I'm not sure if its quality over quantity though. Look at England they were always going to be the underdogs in India but I cant help but think they're just worn out after the trip to Bangladesh first. I would rather one great series than 2 half arsed ones.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm not sure if its quality over quantity though. Look at England they were always going to be the underdogs in India but I cant help but think they're just worn out after the trip to Bangladesh first. I would rather one great series than 2 half arsed ones.
For England finding an opener with Cook seems like a problem.

Someone will have a big knock and then after that play their way out of the side.

Also Moeen Ali shouldn't be batting at 4.

Pommy

Coach

Someone will have a big knock and then after that play their way out of the side.

You've got more than enough to worry yourself with your own shit show before you start on ours :);):)

ECB and Cricket Australia have confirmed the 2017-18 Ashes schedule, along with the five One-Day Internationals scheduled for January, immediately following the Test Series.

The first Test will return to Brisbane’s Gabba before the Adelaide Oval will play host to the first ever Day-Night Ashes Test.

The series will move to Perth - Cricket Australia and the WACA continue to work with the WA Government on the possibility of hosting the match at the Perth Stadium.

The series will then move to the traditional Boxing Day Test and New Year’s Test in Melbourne and Sydney respectively, where record crowds are expected.

More info in the link https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/195457

I've never been to an Ashes or test match for that matter so I'm really looking forward to the New Years test, hopefully the series is still alive at that point.

Melbourne and Sydney for me.

Nothing will ever top Johnson arse raping England in the '13/14 series though. Real Christians to the Lions stuff.

Timbo

Staff member
Even so, a few places miss out next year. No cricket in Canberra, only a T20 for Hobart.

I don't know why we don't do what England do and play a 2 test series to warm up for the Ashes.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Agree with the last point but Hameed looks very promising, Cook himself looks like a problem to me.

Broad 8-15 was at Trent Bridge last year was a fair arse raping lol

Pfft. That was one test in a 3-2 series to England.

I'm talking 0-5 drubbing, bleeding anus, torn asunder. Put those Barmy Army merkins back in the box...silenced, nice and quiet. Stick that bugle up your arse, you stiff upper lipped, tea sipping, cucumber sandwich eating, muddy isle living, Brexit munchers.

mozza91

Coach
Pfft. That was one test in a 3-2 series to England.

I'm talking 0-5 drubbing, bleeding anus, torn asunder. Put those Barmy Army merkins back in the box...silenced, nice and quiet. Stick that bugle up your arse, you stiff upper lipped, tea sipping, cucumber sandwich eating, muddy isle living, Brexit munchers.
God yes. What an amazing summer. That was one of the all time great sustained bowling efforts. You know you're doing well when opponents would rather retire than face you.

JJ

Immortal
LOL - I was in England, there was nothing close about that Ashes series

and LOL at Cook being a problem

Australia will win because of the quality fast bowlers (assuming they are fit) and flat decks - you're pretty f**king good in those conditions

And yeah, Johnson was terrific - that was as good a series from a quick as I can recall

I think Australian fans and media should now commence a sustained, systematic print and online campaign against Cook.

Start it now, spend the whole year targeting the man...his every waking moment filled with doubts about his abilities, his captaincy, etc etc.

CA should hire a marching band to follow him around the world for the next 370 odd days, so he cannot get a single wink of sleep for a year. I tell you, it'll f**k him up nice and good.

Every time an Australian bowler is interviewed until next summer, they should say they're training hard, playing hard...but ultimately its all in the name of destroying Cook.

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Make him a mental case before Brisbane.

Latest posts